Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Well, this is a fun theory.

And a pretty good one too.

Which leads to...
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I suspect it is Sinister or the X-men themselves who will bing Krakoa down.
    Poccy seems to like Krakoa and viceversa. He may have a problem with how is being ruled though
    Apocalypse, no matter what your opinion of him is, has always been a pretty forceful and demanding person. He may be a bit soft at the moment, but he still expects people to do what he tells them to do, when he tells them to do it. So if he does need an army, of he does try and take control of the island itself, well, then what do you do?

Let's add to this thay despite being a close ally to another Apocalypse, Moira thinks Apocalypse is an idiot. What is she going to do?

And this adds to the images we have of Apocalypse basically forming a trio with Magneto and Xavier. It just feels like Moira is losing control because she felt like she had to use these three very strong willed people in her scheme.

Damn. After reading Excalibur #2 I think its a shame Apoc gets little love from his fellow mutants. In time they will see him as an ally and leader. Im sure of it.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Damn. After reading Excalibur #2 I think its a shame Apoc gets little love from his fellow mutants. In time they will see him as an ally and leader. Im sure of it.
    Apocalypse feel so out of place in Excalibur. The costumes and storyline drag. The character interactions feels awkward. I’d love to see Apocalypse be featured in X-Force. He belongs in a high stake, intense, relevant arc that dignifies his presence.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse feel so out of place in Excalibur. The costumes and storyline drag. The character interactions feels awkward. I’d love to see Apocalypse be featured in X-Force. He belongs in a high stake, intense, relevant arc that dignifies his presence.
    I kind of like Apocalypse, the mystic.

Apocalypse is meant to be an old figure and does have a past with Krakoa and Akkaba, and he always had a mystical quality about him (in terms of his past and how he would have been/was seen as something supernatural/different at the time, historically). Better than him doing the same thing he always does.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Oh wow completely disagree I love the concept of mutant magic and using this title to explore a different side to Apocalypse besides his usual shtick is great I love this more philosophical priest like version of the character

BANNED

I love that we’re seeing another side of apocalypse.
    Since Hickman has started writing x-men apocalypse has been shown to be a hero and saver of the world in the past. Some what caring towards his family, a priest and scholar.
    Apocalypse has this beautiful backstory that’s being finally explored.
    Apocalypse has shaped mutantkind since the beginning and the x-men and the new nation is the result of it

I really do hope we get to see more from Life #9. There are so many interesting events

Moira and Apocalypse rescue the First Horsemen.

Then they create multiple mutant cities, and seem to be thriving.

But then Nimrod shows up and kills the First Horsemen? I wanna see how that happened.

BUT THEN the 3rd Chimera generation turns the tide and the mutants are winning against Nimrod?

I wanna see all that, and how Apocalypse reacted to all those events.

Default THinkINg

I was thinking about what potential magic abilities Apocalypse would use and the first thing that came into mind was teleportation, just because its a common magical ability that magicians use in various media.

After thinking some more I remembered the guy can already teleport, its just that writers forgot about it.

I then began to think Apocalypse doesn't really need magic. He is the type of guy who can just pull whatever power out of his ass. If he had access to all of his previous powers/feats then most normal non god characters can't even step to him.

So yea, I am not sure what direction the magic stuff will go, maybe that is because I am not familiar with marvel characters that use magic.

So I thought about some magical abilities that Apocalypse won't be able to normally do. So stuff like elemental control falls under the category of stuff I think Apocalypse could do if he wanted. Like I see, no reason why he cant turn his arm into a flame thrower or whatever. I'm talking about stuff that we wouldn't normally associate with he guy.

After thinking for a while this is what I got....
    kz0eryP.jpg
    Magic is BS. Its basically the ability to do anything a writer wants.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 11-29-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Default Style. NOT Substance

SOoo... What i want to see most of all is Apocalypse doing magic in a cool way.

Like, imagine he is fighting some dude (while talking trash like he always does), but instead of looking like this....

He does something like this...

Yea, I think those magical circles thingy looks great. Imagine one with an X in the middle or something.... What i want basically, is from time to time when we see Apocalypse do some type of energy attack a magical circle pops up. Or maybe he gets attacked and he blocks it with a circle thingy. Or We see him powering up and a big ass circle on the ground appears and everyone starts losing their ****.

That imo, would be gr8 and the best case scenario for a the mutant wizard Apocalypse.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I only read the first issue of Excalibur, what has Poccy done there since?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I agree that it's cool to see En Sabah Nur as more of a priest/mage type , complete with the robes and all

I'm also happy to hear from other readers who appreciate Apocalypse as some form of a Hero

He's clearly still drawn as ultra muscular though

I wonder if the Celestial tech is still canon or what... I know i think Remender came up with the idea of "Apocalypse" as a title various individuals not just En Sabah Nur can possess, based on the Death Seed being absorbed or something? Or maybe that was even before Remender, in the Age of Apocalypse revamp in the mid to late 00's.

I have a big thumbs down to magic overall though , I prefer everything explained as mutations OR celestial tech (that's fine to me, it's still way out there but at least it fits into the themes about super aliens wanting to advance evolution forcefully). Magic is just so out of place in X-lore and it dumbs stuff down precisely because it "has no explanation" or rules to it (good stories involving magic DO establish limits and rules, but the way it's used mainly is very frivolous)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

•—[A]—• helps Rictor realize his potential, Excalibur #3

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    •—[A]—• helps Rictor realize his potential, Excalibur #3

Loved this whole exchange lol I'm sure Poccy has a hidden agenda but was nice having him get Rictor out of his rut.

Honestly the Poccy scenes have been the best out of this book.