Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

What do we know about the first horsemen?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What do we know about the first horsemen?
    Not much, other than that Apocalypse seems to really like them and the implication that he would drop all of his other Horsemen for them.

Poor Warren, He seemed to be his favorite. I hope they get to interact.

BANNED

I am very curious how Warren and Evan would relate to him and vice versa now. I have my own ideas.

WEHT the Dark Riders? Were they not Horsemen? Are they mutants?

Extraordinary Member

Poor Warren, He seemed to be his favorite. I hope they get to interact.
    Warren was his favorite, just not his Favorite. And I feel like he's staying far away for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I am very curious how Warren and Evan would relate to him and vice versa now. I have my own ideas.

WEHT the Dark Riders? Were they not Horsemen? Are they mutants?
    I really need to see Evan soon or I am going to be pissed. I feel like Hickman had them placed on the same team in AoX for a reason and, let's be honest, Evan has been around for awhile and one of the big things has always been just how his meeting Apocalypse would go. Does Apocalypse really not care for him? Were his feelings for him in AoX genuine? I need answers, Hickman!

I have my own ideas.
    Could you share them?

I am very curious how Warren and Evan would relate to him and vice versa now.
    I think Evan was happy with Apocalypse on Age of X-man but that was an AU where everybody acted different. I think both, Warren and Evan are going to hate and be afraid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

From the kid's perspective, meeting Apocalypse must of felt like meeting a Messiah. Good work lad. Apocalypse will save the day!

Also. I have to say, the fact that WAR still holds the utmost respect for Apocalypse is truly something. He is the one who sent the four into hell to fight a losing battle for thousands of years, yet she still follows him. It just shows how GREAT the true MUTANT MESSIAH truly is.....

Apocalypse is the celestials choosen one

Extraordinary Member

Could you share them?

I think Evan was happy with Apocalypse on Age of X-man but that was an AU where everybody acted different. I think both, Warren and Evan are going to hate and be afraid of him.
    Evan loved En Sabah Nur until he realized who he was. Then he was absolutely afraid of him. Of course, Evan may not remember that due to the resurrection stuff. But even if he does, Evan may want to try and get to know him. Of course, Evan has also spent his entire life being mortally afraid of him and becoming him. Apocalypse seemed to like Evan enough and seemed pretty pissed that he died.

So, yeah, could be weird. But it's still something I want to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Apocalypse is the celestials choosen one
    I'm not really sure he is. We only got Evan because Apocalypse was missing for a decade because the Celestrials put him on ice. Apocalypse is more, like, a janitor or gardener for them.

BANNED

I just think it would likely be a very tortured, dysfunctional relationship, at least with Warren. The “kinder, gentler” Apocalypse strikes me as the kind of abusive parent who would insinuate regret for the past but insist he did it all to make the progeny better and stronger. Perhaps in his own twisted way he loves or believes he loves what Warren has become - but likely for all the wrong reasons. I don’t think Warren could ever accept or stomach that, and I wouldn’t blame him. At the least it’d take a lot of therapy lol

Evan is more complex. He has spent his whole life living in fear of the myth of Apocalypse. Now Apocalypse has shown up and is playing at being the elder statesman, sorcerer, warrior-father to mutantkind, and seems wholly committed to the Krakoan vision. I doubt he would reject Evan. So where does that leave Evan, who was raised to abhor the past Apocalypse? I am inclined to think he would, after a lot of trepidation and hesitation, warm to going under ESN’s wing, accepting the premise (be it true or false in this case) that people change, Apocalypse has fought a lonely war for millennia and has perhaps admitted mistakes. But I could be wrong.

Extraordinary Member

I just think it would likely be a very tortured, dysfunctional relationship, at least with Warren. The “kinder, gentler” Apocalypse strikes me as the kind of abusive parent who would insinuate regret for the past but insist he did it all to make the progeny better and stronger. Perhaps in his own twisted way he loves or believes he loves what Warren has become - but likely for all the wrong reasons. I don’t think Warren could ever accept or stomach that, and I wouldn’t blame him. At the least it’d take a lot of therapy lol

Evan is more complex. He has spent his whole life living in fear of the myth of Apocalypse. Now Apocalypse has shown up and is playing at being the elder statesman, sorcerer, warrior-father to mutantkind, and seems wholly committed to the Krakoan vision. I doubt he would reject Evan. So where does that leave Evan, who was raised to abhor the past Apocalypse? I am inclined to think he would, after a lot of trepidation and hesitation, warm to going under ESN’s wing, accepting the premise (be it true or false in this case) that people change, Apocalypse has fought a lonely war for millennia and has perhaps admitted mistakes. But I could be wrong.
    Evan is a much more forgiving person than Warren, but he also hasn't had Apocalypse **** up his life the way Warren has.

I am still having trouble seeing what Apocalypse's game is, though. Is it really all for this island and for his past Horsemen? Because if so, then he is really, really getting into this act.

Interesting. Specially the part about Evan.
    Like a an orphan kid that was raised believing his dad was something and ends up meeting him and is something different, and Apocalypse is super good on Krakoa, it would be a shock fro Evan.

BANNED

I think Apocalypse has his own agenda, particularly re: Excalibur. But I also think he is playing it largely straight with Xavier re: Krakoa. His wanting to save his Horsemen and liberate Arakko need not be in conflict with Krakoa. He tells the young Summoner he cares for both. I think he believes in that new world. I also think that if Krakoa fails to meet his impossible standards he could burn it all down.

I suspect it is Sinister or the X-men themselves who will bing Krakoa down.
    Poccy seems to like Krakoa and viceversa. He may have a problem with how is being ruled though

But think about what it took to bring the X-Men to the point of aligning themselves with their mutant family, no matter their past sins. It would have to take a lot for the X-Men to abandon what they’ve done here to return to a life of getting bricks thrown at them by bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not really sure he is. We only got Evan because Apocalypse was missing for a decade because the Celestrials put him on ice. Apocalypse is more, like, a janitor or gardener for them.
    Wrong. You mistake him for what he once was. Having now MASTERED mutant magic the slave has become the master. Even the world's strongest magicians cower before the Apocalypse. IT WILL SOON BE JUDGMENT DAY.

I look forward To Apocalypse putting Doom and strange in their place. He will steal their minds and make them his captives.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.