Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Im going to need to focus on Victorian England’s obsession with Egyptology and Occultism in order to get through this latest volume of Excalibur.

Extraordinary Member

I do wonder how big of a problem Apocalypse will actually be on Krakoa?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    I am loving the new change of direction of Apocalypse. But we should have seen that coming for a long time but ignored it from these references of X-Man and AVX and other issues.
    Not really sure what you mean. Apocalypse was gone for a pretty long time and came back with relatively little announcement. His time in Age of X-Man certainly seems to have mellowed him out quite a bit and gave a foundation for why the X-Men might sort of trust him, but it's still a bit of a surprise.

He has been gone since the very first arc in uncanny X-force all the way to Age of X if i recall. That is a long time. We did get other versions of Apocalypse tho.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    He has been gone since the very first arc in uncanny X-force all the way to Age of X if i recall. That is a long time. We did get other versions of Apocalypse tho.
    We got Evan who even at the time most of us wouldn't really call Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I never figured Apoc to be all that acquainted with magic? But ok. I like his new costume I guess... it works for him.

I also like the reveal about his ties with Arrakko and all that stuff, that was kinda neat.

In general I find it intriguing that we're treating Apocalypse like a totally reasonable character who will just sit and chat with the main heroes lol. It's mind boggling but I guess the longer it goes on the more people will accept it
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I never figured Apoc to be all that acquainted with magic? But ok. I like his new costume I guess... it works for him.

I also like the reveal about his ties with Arrakko and all that stuff, that was kinda neat.

In general I find it intriguing that we're treating Apocalypse like a totally reasonable character who will just sit and chat with the main heroes lol. It's mind boggling but I guess the longer it goes on the more people will accept it
    We did get it in Excalibur with Brian making fun of the fact that Betsy is just sort of casually talking about how she ran into Apocalypse at a party. But it's clear that the sheer acceptance of the villains by EVERYONE is meant to be sort of weird. Gambit wanting to fight Apocalypse comes off as damn near reasonable and sensible, but the other characters don't think that.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We did get it in Excalibur with Brian making fun of the fact that Betsy is just sort of casually talking about how she ran into Apocalypse at a party. But it's clear that the sheer acceptance of the villains by EVERYONE is meant to be sort of weird. Gambit wanting to fight Apocalypse comes off as damn near reasonable and sensible, but the other characters don't think that.
    Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I actually like this a lot, I've always wanted to see the "villain" side of things represented more, I like stories showing other points of view and I think it can get readers to become more open minded and accepting of differences to be honest, which is a good thing overall. It's just really jarring and weird actually seeing it in the page since I'm not used to it! But I'll give it time although already the Coven Akkabba reveal has me worried they're going to keep Apoc as a "villain" :sigh:
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I actually like this a lot, I've always wanted to see the "villain" side of things represented more, I like stories showing other points of view and I think it can get readers to become more open minded and accepting of differences to be honest, which is a good thing overall. It's just really jarring and weird actually seeing it in the page since I'm not used to it! But I'll give it time although already the Coven Akkabba reveal has me worried they're going to keep Apoc as a "villain" :sigh:
    Sounds more like Coven Akkaba are working against mutants, and therefore against Apocalypse. Dunno how that fits into Clan Akkaba being his bros though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Sounds more like Coven Akkaba are working against mutants, and therefore against Apocalypse. Dunno how that fits into Clan Akkaba being his bros though.
    They're probably just tired of him using them for spare parts.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have liked Apocalypse under Hickman so far, but I feel that he has made him too good and noble.
    He needs some edge

All hail •┤Ȧ├•

That's pronounced \ ˈpü-kē \
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I wonder what •┤Ȧ├• ‘s relationship with his original horsemen is like. Are they just the most powerful, so he values them more than the horsemen that came after? Are they his buddies, like does he have genuine affection for them? Are they super in tune with his Darwinian beliefs?

What if they’re angry at •┤Ȧ├• for taking so long to retrieve them from Arakko? Maybe they’ll turn on him and become X-Men antagonists.

Default Find HIM. Follow HIM.

From the kid's perspective, meeting Apocalypse must of felt like meeting a Messiah. Good work lad. Apocalypse will save the day!

Also. I have to say, the fact that WAR still holds the utmost respect for Apocalypse is truly something. He is the one who sent the four into hell to fight a losing battle for thousands of years, yet she still follows him. It just shows how GREAT the true MUTANT MESSIAH truly is.....

Last edited by FIGHT; 11-13-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.