View Poll Results: Should Black Lightning be moved to Freeland in canon?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea, move that boy to Freeland

19 73.08%
  • Nah, keep that boy where he is

7 26.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I might appreciate it more if there wasn't an epidemic of black characters named black something-or-other. Nothing like that happens to any other race of character with nearly as much frequency. Just imagine if Cassandra Cain was the Yellow Orphan. I would think that was strange, just like I think this is strange.

Also, I hate to be pedantic, but I'm not sure what country you speak of, as this here is the internet, which is glorious in its own right, and is no particular country.
    The country I speak of is mine, America. One would think that could be inferred by it's description but apparently not. Sort of like how Black Mask, Black Widow, Black Bolt, Black Adam, Black Orchid and Black Canary aren't black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The country I speak of is mine, America. One would think that could be inferred by it's description but apparently not.
    *shrug*

Nope. A lot of countries allow people to have their own opinions and have people with various backgrounds, and a lot of people think their country is glorious...if that's what you're referring to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Brick City is Newark, New Jersey and not a good place for a superhero unless his name were Redman.

Freeland sounds like a genuine comic book city that would be founded and populated primarily by people of color.
    That would fine fine for Elseworlds. I recently learned that there were some towns formed by black citizens -- and some are still around. But I don't see that as appropriate for Black Lightning. He has always been a very integrated characters. Freeland has shades of Tyroc of the Legion of Super-Heroes where every black person in the 30th century had relocated to its own country/island. Ugh!