Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well, if you feel that strongly about it, you could take it up with HiX-Man and Editorial and let them know what you think of their decisions and you can also suggest how they and the DoX writers should approach the upcoming stories so that you would be better able to understand and appreciate them.
    That's a good idea, I shall. After all; fan-input is what they're looking for, is it not? Even if they don't agree, I made my opinion known.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously!
    I wish more disappointed readers would take that approach instead of destroying their peace and happiness with the constant whining and bitching over something they have absolutely no control over.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Exactatiously!
    I wish more disappointed readers would take that approach instead of destroying their peace and happiness with the constant whining and bitching over something they have absolutely no control over.
    I mean...isn't that what a public forum's for though? To voice all opinions?

We're comic book readers; we're a goddamn passionate bunch, regardless of which side we're on. I don't think that's 'whining and bitching,' I think that's just honestly stating what you think...and I think it's important for people to be allowed to do that in a place specifically set up for it.

Don't forget; while Hickman might like getting fan-input, a lot of creators do take it as a personal attack in regards to their work. Hell, sometimes people just want to know there's others out there who share the same opinion as them, so they don't feel so alone and can start preparing to jump ship.

We invest a lot in these characters, emotionally speaking, after all; it's not like it's easy to just 'let go' like it never happened.

At 35 posts you're new here.
    When they spout the same notions page after page, issue after issue, and not contributing any new or even interesting to the discussions...just using different words...yeah...bitching and whining.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

When they spout the same notions page after page, issue after issue, and not contributing any new or even interesting to the discussions...just using different words...yeah...bitching and whining.

Excuse me? I was taking part in the discussions. I've a right to do that, surely as much as you have to post about how excited you are for this direction?

I'm stating my opinion in regards to characters I love: so what if that goes against the grain? I'm not trying to start a fight with these posts, I'm simply doing what everybody else does; chipping in.

What? You'd be happier if I were suddenly convinced that you were 100% right and I was wrong? Is that what this boils down to?

I wouldn’t say it’s bitching and whining. We’re not a hive mind and don’t have to share the same opinion as everyone else here. That’d be creepy as Hell. If people are speaking of dissatisfaction with what’s going on and are defending their point of view, it’s as valid a contribution to the discussion as anything other discussion. You may not agree with what they say but they have the right to voice it. It’s not against any rules to have a negative opinion and what makes one person happy doesn’t necessarily make everyone happy.

Not in the least.
    By all means do continue...as I was not all referring to you specifically. You actually made some very interesting and discerning points and bring a level of maturity to the discussions. And I quite appreciate that...you have no idea how truly tedious it can become.

BANNED

Not in the least.
    By all means do continue...as I was not all referring to you specifically. You actually made some very interesting and discerning points and bring a level of maturity to the discussions. And I quite appreciate that...you have no idea how truly tedious it can become.
    Ah, I see now; I'm sorry, I realise now that misread your post.

My apologies; I thought you were referring to my posts specifically (diagnosed autism: tend to take things a bit literally, written or otherwise.)
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-13-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ah, I see now; I'm sorry, I realise now that misread your post.

My apologies; I thought you were referring to my posts specifically (autism: tend to take things a bit literally, written or otherwise.)
    I also do apologise if I came across a tad too direct and caustic. That's not at all my intent. At least not with you.

BANNED

I also do apologise if I came across a tad too direct and caustic. That's not at all my intent. At least not with you.
    No worries dude, all forgiven!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Couple of things, a lot of the more critical posters present an argument that drastic character change has occurred to the X-Men. I would dispute that, they have changed that is true but how much really remains to be seen. As far as what cause the change? How about "X" (damn sliding timescale) years of unrelenting misery and despair from Decimation, Deadly Genesis, Utopia, Schism, AvX, IvX and on and on and on.
    Follow all that by Xavier offering hope. They call that out repeatedly that within Hox/PoX, the return of hope and optimism to the mutants. For people who haven't had it for a long time it would be akin to a powerful drug easily able account for what changes we have seen so far. What remains to be seen is how the story plays out going forward. The fact is none of the X-Men (Outside of possibly Xavier or Moira) have been shown doing anything too far from what they would have accepted before.

I agree Kisinith.
    It's a new and different situation and motivation and responsibility...you really can't expect them to act and react the same as when they were living in a mansion in Westchester.
    The stakes are higher, the responsibility over Krakoa and Krakoan is greater.
    It's important how they balance their humanity and heroism with their assertion of their right to Be in this brand new direction, going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Couple of things, a lot of the more critical posters present an argument that drastic character change has occurred to the X-Men. I would dispute that, they have changed that is true but how much really remains to be seen. As far as what cause the change? How about "X" (damn sliding timescale) years of unrelenting misery and despair from Decimation, Deadly Genesis, Utopia, Schism, AvX, IvX and on and on and on.
    Follow all that by Xavier offering hope. They call that out repeatedly that within Hox/PoX, the return of hope and optimism to the mutants. For people who haven't had it for a long time it would be akin to a powerful drug easily able account for what changes we have seen so far. What remains to be seen is how the story plays out going forward. The fact is none of the X-Men (Outside of possibly Xavier or Moira) have been shown doing anything too far from what they would have accepted before.
    I definitely don't disagree; x amount of years of what appears to be constant misery would be enough to push anyone to the brink. The problem that posters like myself are facing, however, is that the X-Men have always found ways to overcome such despair. Now granted, they've seemed a bit directionless, and this is a unified direction...but it's one that completely goes against the ethos that they were so passionate about upholding and, additionally, it's only being told through the perspective of three characters (Moira, Charles and Magneto.) Seeing the others just 'go along' with, say, the resurrection ceremony without much resistance is jarring to some, depending on how you view the situation.

Wolverine, for example: in Logan vol #1, for example, when he saves the life of a young Japanese woman and she starts bowing to him with such revere makes him uncomfortable. He doesn't think of himself as 'better than the rest,' not because he doesn't deserve to be but because, quite simply, it's not Logan. He's the character who'd want equality, not superiority (in fact, he absolutely hated when Magneto set up his own mutant nation of Genosha and, eventually, came to hate Scott's 'above it all' attitude on Utopia, calling him a religious fanatic.)

So...I suppose it comes down to a few things: interpretation of the characters, trust in Hickman's long-term intent, blind want for something new regardless of whatever or whether or not you think Xavier's original dream should be dead and gone completely.

(Personally, I don't.)

There's another universe trapped in a hell-dimension where Fraction is writing and every character gets a quirky/bad Fraption to describe their feelings on Krakokam, Son of Krakoom.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think OOC complaints have thus far been vastly overblown and there's no conspiracy behind any characterization shifts.

Cyclops seems consistent with his Utopia/Revolutionary phase self, it's just that he's not in charge anymore.