Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Was that not written by Rosenberg? And if so...then...like everything he's done pre-HoX/PoX, it can be ignored. I believe, HiX-Man is following his own creative trajectory and not necessarily adhering to what any previous writer might have wanted.
    That i sthe story that brought Jean back, retcon it would be like WTH

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That still seems like a bit of a cop-out answer, to be honest? Not to mention an utter waste?
    Pretty much a waste, when it was already done decades ago

Oh definitely; I still don't trust that git even a bit. Now more than ever, actually.
    Dude is completely broken and would do anything to keep krakoa going.

So...by that reasoning, so can the very real threat of violence and extinction that Rosenberg set up? The overtly anti-mutant stance the humans took, Rahne's traumatic death that might play into her wanting to join Krakoa? That too? I'd have thought that would be a rather important point to consider in the creation of Krakoa itself?
    Well from what we know from HOX, the Mutants have been on Krakoa for five months so we wouldn’t necessarily need that specificity of reasoning. It would just sort of be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well from what we know from HOX, the Mutants have been on Krakoa for five months so we wouldn’t necessarily need that specificity of reasoning. It would just sort of be.
    I'd argue it'd be a pretty big contributing factor though? A bit too big to outright ignore?

I'd argue it'd be a pretty big contributing factor though? A bit too big to outright ignore?
    What situation would we be in that Rahne would need to explain why she’s on Krakoa, though?

BANNED

What situation would we be in that Rahne would need to explain why she’s on Krakoa, though?
    Well I was speaking in hyperbole but given that Rahne was attempting to give up the life of an X-Man and blend in as a normal human when she was cornered and killed...called "trap" and the like...

I kinda think that might be a pretty important perspective to consider if ever she gets the focus? Even if it just starts off her inner monologue for the issue?

Well I was speaking in hyperbole but given that Rahne was attempting to give up the life of an X-Man and blend in as a normal human when she was cornered and killed...called "trap" and the like...

I kinda think that might be a pretty important perspective to consider if ever she gets the focus? Even if it just starts off her inner monologue for the issue?
    The reason she wanted to leave was because she was sick of the repetitive, torturous routine of saving lives then almost getting beaten or killed by the same people they were defending. Plus the rest of her friends were dead and gone in Age of X-Man. I think the Five bringing her back into a world where not only is she surrounded by all her friends but also in a world where she doesn’t have to constantly be suffering would be enough for her. Plus, when we see her in New Mutants, it won’t be like this is the first time she’s been on Krakoa so she could’ve already had those thoughts months ago.

BANNED

The reason she wanted to leave was because she was sick of the repetitive, torturous routine of saving lives then almost getting beaten or killed by the same people they were defending. Plus the rest of her friends were dead and gone in Age of X-Man. I think the Five bringing her back into a world where not only is she surrounded by all her friends but also in a world where she doesn’t have to constantly be suffering would be enough for her. Plus, when we see her in New Mutants, it won’t be like this is the first time she’s been on Krakoa so she could’ve already had those thoughts months ago.
    Well yeah, which came to a head and were solidified when she was killed?...And hence why she'd be revived at all...?

My initial answer to this question was Xavier, but one of the main points of the book is showing the shift in his character so I don't think he count's. Apocalypse seems oddly tame. Cyclops is OOC from his recent years but spot on from his 80's persona, same with Jean. I'll tell you who's not OOC, Magneto, Wolverine and Kurt. There was one scene in PoX #3 I think where I thought Logan was acting dumb, but not really OOC. Magneto gloating, Logan not trusting a damn thing and killing Moira and Kurt being the saint that he is all make sense to me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

The reason that I started this thread was to bring the point is that I feel he’s specifically writing these character that I pointed out OOC from what we know for a reason. Not that I think he doesn’t have their voice. Definitely has all their voices (except I’ve never really saw Storm written like this). So I’m interested to see who wanted a “reset” or who they thought could use one.. Xavier has done things to the x-men against their knowledge to try to “help” them. Maybe Cyclops wants to forget certain things he’s done (like killing Charles). Maybe Jean giving Emma the beer is from Jeen’s memories of them bonding because Jean doesn’t have the bad memories. Who knows? But I know they are being written OOC (in my opinion) for a reason for future plots and stories.

BANNED

I don't find any of them OOC. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    My initial answer to this question was Xavier, but one of the main points of the book is showing the shift in his character so I don't think he count's. Apocalypse seems oddly tame. Cyclops is OOC from his recent years but spot on from his 80's persona, same with Jean. I'll tell you who's not OOC, Magneto, Wolverine and Kurt. There was one scene in PoX #3 I think where I thought Logan was acting dumb, but not really OOC. Magneto gloating, Logan not trusting a damn thing and killing Moira and Kurt being the saint that he is all make sense to me.
    I don't understand people who say that Scott seems to have returned to the 80's. That was Rosenberg, not this. Scott is on a mutant island being sassy with other groups of superheroes who don't respect mutants. That's recent Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't find any of them OOC. YMMV.
    I agree. The behavior of the X-Men in House of X/Powers of X doesn't strike me as a huge deviation from what they've been in the past. It's definitely a deviation from what they've been more recently, but a lot of that has more to do with circumstance than their full characterization. Circumstances have often made characters seem OOC. Civil War II is the best example of that. And what House of X/Powers of X did was completely change the circumstances for mutants everywhere. So of course they're going to behave differently.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Well yeah, which came to a head and were solidified when she was killed?...And hence why she'd be revived at all...?
    And why would her being revived be brought up? I doubt that’ll happen for anyone else, unless it happens in the new Dawn of X books.

BANNED

And why would her being revived be brought up? I doubt that’ll happen for anyone else, unless it happens in the new Dawn of X books.
    Well speaking hypothetically; because death is traumatic? Because it might be a good narrative device for that character? Because it might come up in conversation regarding the whole resurrections themselves?

I agree with you, I think when they resurrected Rahne she was probably surrounded by everyone she cared about. I am sure some of the people who were resurrected probably broke down crying uncontrollably and had to be comforted by everyone.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”