Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
I don't know how I have managed to have that post misread but...
I didn't SAY: "No matter what or Regardless."

This was more of a "What are you actually checking for out here then?"
Yeah, I know, I was agreeing with you. ?

I'm the same way. I *really* want to support some of these characters because I like them and believe in their potential, and they happen to be PoC and/or female. But I'm not dropping cash for some substandard slice of crap story I'm not enjoying. I'm not rich, or woke, enough for that!

So yeah. Books you'd be checking for (hell what story would they have to tell to entice you, if the allure of a character isn't enough): "GO"
Nice question!

I'm with you on wanting to see Vic's New Gods connections played up. I'll give Vic a couple issues no matter what, because I think he's got the range (even if it hasn't been realized) to work in a bunch of different subgenres. But what I'm truly waiting for is basically sorta like crazy cosmic Bronze Age Superman. I want to see Vic bouncing across space and time and other realities, saving planets, fighting aliens and wizards and monsters and mobsters and supervillains. I think if you rubbed a lot of that Morrisonian Super vibe on Vic and leaned into what all that New Gods tech really means.....yeah, that's how you make Cyborg f*cking matter. I got a whole pitch, DC, gimme a call!

When it comes to Stewart, if it's about Xanshi, or a story where you could just insert any Lantern and the story stays the same, I'm out. What I'm really looking for is a story that tries to give John his own niche and role. Something like Mosaic 2.0, or lemonpeace's idea of John being a Guardian, or something else, I don't care. I just want to see the guy have his own ball to play with instead of having to borrow Hal's.

Black Lighting stories don't have to be anything other than what BL stories usually are; street level stuff with low-end superhumans, dealing with the usual street stuff. I'm a big fan of that kinda story, that whole Daredevil/Hell's Kitchen vibe. So all I need here is quality. I'd actually put Bendis on this book in a heartbeat if I could.