Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I would prefer something that’s not a retread of what we’ve had before. Hence the Krakoa set up, which isn’t hard to do at all. Start out with a shot of the school, pan out and it’s covered in vines, Jean takes some students through a portal and we get the whole House of X #1 Krakoa set up. The U.N. vote, the humans freaking out and enacting the Orchis Protocols and whatnot... just not that hard at all. And interesting. Much more interesting than retreading already well-trod ground IMO. Three cartoons to date, all set at the school (TAS, Evolution, WatXM). Four if you count the old ‘Pryde of the X-men’ cartoon. Time for a new approach IMO, which is precisely why Hickman was brought in to shake things up in the comics.
    Considering it's been close to a decade since we've had a proper X-Men cartoon on the air, I think there's less of a reason to reinvent the wheel as there was with the comics.

If this were an X-Men cartoon set for a more mature audience and aimed or at just the fans, I think starting with the Hickman stuff would be more of an option, but not for a normal cartoon.

I love the way Wolverine looks. Jubilee eh... not loving the yoga pants. I feel if it was something as big as an cartoon that wasn't announced he would've been discouraged from posting it. Disney doesn't play haha.

If those are for a cartoon why would he be posting it like that?

I am ready for good XTAS reunion in any form.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3kkIncl...ns_share_sheet Sean Galloway was also asked to do some sketches for this "Secret Project" and based on his interpretation, and his style in general. I'd say it's definitely for an animated project.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3kkIncl...ns_share_sheet Sean Galloway was also asked to do some sketches for this "Secret Project" and based on his interpretation, and his style in general. I'd say it's definitely for an animated project.
    Ok, but now I can't stop giggling at Wolverine's ridiculously tiny legs! Those make him look like he's gonna be racing along in a beserker-rage like Mr Krabs!!
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-14-2019 at 05:29 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I will never understand why they canceled that show, you would think freaking Disney would recognize quality animation.
    EMH was tied to the comics continuity and they wanted something with more movie nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If those are for a cartoon why would he be posting it like that?
    It sounds like they’re still in really early development with this...these were just preliminary designs and if they don’t get much reaction they’ll go back to the drawing board. At least that’s my takeaway

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Artist Clayton Henry posted these new designs of Wolverine & Jubilee on Instagram. He posted that they are for a “special project!” I love this guy’s style & hope we get to see him doing something with the X-Men! I wonder what this project is & if it will actually be a “go!”

Attachment 88229

Attachment 88230
    For Jubilee - I'd like the boots from the first rendition + the shorts, jacket and haircut from the second + the shirt from the third.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    what if hickman writes this? cool but he will mess jean
    ikr!!??!
    Jean was so well-written in the 90s Animated Series!1!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    For Jubilee - I'd like the boots from the first rendition + the shorts, jacket and haircut from the second + the shirt from the third.
    I can see that working really well!

As for Logan; I love the black panel-stripes on his pants from the first rendition--I think it really balances out the pattern/motif!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    EMH was tied to the comics continuity and they wanted something with more movie nonsense.
    EMH and WATXM were the proper balance between kid fair while being adult accessible. The modern Marvel animated stuff really hasn't been adult accessible and the animation quality has dropped. Hopefully they do better with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I hope we see the rise of Krakoa during the show if this is indeed for an animated series.
    Same. The new Krakoa set up is fresh and exciting with potential, and IMO it’s what the franchise needs for its rebooted introduction in the MCU and other media. They need to distance it from the FOX films, which got very stale with the whole Xavier vs Magneto dynamic and the Westchester school trappings. Krakoa instantly creates a new dynamic and this whole bigger world rife with possibilities and intrigue, from the Hellfire Trading Company and its exploits trading Krakoan flowers to the new mutant CIA to the exploration of mutant magic and other realms. All expanding the mythos and doing something fresh with it. Plus, it doesn’t throw out the old history at all. The X-men operated out of a school at one point, keeping a lower profile protecting a world that hates and fears them. Now they are out and proud, and creating their own nation-state because it’s clear that mankind will never stop trying to destroy them.

Astonishing Member

Eh, don’t know about, without the years of oppressively bad stories, they can’t ‘know’ that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ are they really rebooting TAS? Have they learned nothing from the years of nostalgia-baiting X-Men comics that scared away any and all potential new fans?
    Seems a bit of a reach from a sketch? It does look cartoon-y, but that could mean a lot of things.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-14-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    ikr!!??!
    Jean was so well-written in the 90s Animated Series!1!!!
    "Jean!"
    "Scott!"
    "Jean!"
    "Uuuuuuuhhhhh!" (Faints)