Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Marvel “Special Project!” X-Men Related!

Artist Clayton Henry posted these new designs of Wolverine & Jubilee on Instagram. He posted that they are for a “special project!” I love this guy’s style & hope we get to see him doing something with the X-Men! I wonder what this project is & if it will actually be a “go!”

FB834C39-7A68-4DD9-B0FD-792718BA5562.jpg

6B4EFDA6-A785-4C7D-99CF-1473F9FBD406.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Artist Clayton Henry posted these new designs of Wolverine & Jubilee on Instagram. He posted that they are for a “special project!” I love this guy’s style & hope we get to see him doing something with the X-Men! I wonder what this project is & if it will actually be a “go!”

FB834C39-7A68-4DD9-B0FD-792718BA5562.jpg

6B4EFDA6-A785-4C7D-99CF-1473F9FBD406.jpg
    THIS IS EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED.!!

Oh yeah, loving these designs!!

BANNED

I disliked his art on Uncanny/Adjectiveless back in the day but this looks quite good. Boo to Logan in yellow n blue tho. Could these be designs for a new cartoon? Look very Disney esque.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I disliked his art on Uncanny/Adjectiveless back in the day but this looks quite good. Boo to Logan in yellow n blue tho. Could these be designs for a new cartoon? Look very Disney esque.
    That's the thought. It's a non-comics "special project" that looks very animated.

Maybe the reboot of TAS that was being tried for?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I've liked Clayton Henry for a while, and yeah, agreed that those designs look pretty animation friendly. Fingers crossed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's the thought. It's a non-comics "special project" that looks very animated.

Maybe the reboot of TAS that was being tried for?
    If it is, I hope it's not a reboot; I hope it's just like, similar cast (as in, they just keep Gambit for once, lol) but with different stories. Kinda like X-Men: Evolution--keeping the inspiration, but their unique twist on it!

BANNED

Oh Jesus Christ are they really rebooting TAS? Have they learned nothing from the years of nostalgia-baiting X-Men comics that scared away any and all potential new fans?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I agree. These look they were designed for animation.

I wonder if they specified Wolverine and Jubilee ala X-Men: TAS or if he could've done any characters?

All the same, I remember Cort Lane (the closest thing Marvel Animation has to a head honcho) indicating we'd hear a cartoon based around the Fox properties over the Summer, although that never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ are they really rebooting TAS? Have they learned nothing from the years of nostalgia-baiting X-Men comics that scared away any and all potential new fans?
    I don't think it'll be a full-scale TAS reboot.

Although considering how many successful cartoon reboots have happened over the past few years, and how long it's been since the last X-Men cartoon, it might work out better in animation then ti did for the comics.

I need a new X-Men cartoon so bad.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jubes' pink top is very similar to her new look on Excalibur. If it's for animation, perhaps it's not just a reboot of TAS.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I just feel it's appropriate to re-post this promo art featuring X-Men characters that had original designs for Cyclops and Storm (as if they had been redesigned for something):

Usually these kinds of designs are used as baseline or for promotional art involving the cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    We all do. But we need a GOOD one. Wolverine and the X-Men was a guilty pleasure of mine thanks to Kari Wahlgren's AMAZING Emma, but Marvel animation as of late worries me.

New X-men cartoon? Yes please im starving.
    TAS Reboot? Keep it.
    That said I love love love these designs. I echo the sentiment that a similar lineup to TAS is okay but really...been there done that.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Me too. I enjoy them more than movies.