Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This definitely looks like it is for an animated series. I truly would be excited if we get a new cartoon for the X-Men.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

what if hickman writes this? cool but he will mess jean
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    studio trigger please animate new X-MEN cartoon but also make the show bad
    Gainax, Trigger, Production I.G, Bones. If they animate with this art style then expect greatness. Story aside at the very least it will look good.

Also Jub with shorts on looks good.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 10-13-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    what if hickman writes this? cool but he will mess jean
    There's no way that they're going to make a cartoon based on Krakoa or HoXPoX. It's gonna be classic X-Men all the way just so it's accessible.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ha. Why would the new status quo be any more inaccessible than the original animated series was for non comic readers? If they want to do new status quo, they will.

The X-men have formed their own mutant nation-state. Humans are pissed. Go.

That’s pretty much all the setup that’s required.

The only reason why they likely won't use Hickman is because his run only just started. There are plenty of older stories to mine before they'd even touch the current run.

It doesn't even matter if it's stories we've seen tons of times before because the cartoon would be for a new generation of viewers. Prepare for Days of Future Past and the Phoenix saga yet again (if this even is for a show).
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-13-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. Why would the new status quo be any more inaccessible than the original animated series was for non comic readers? If they want to do new status quo, they will.

The X-men have formed their own mutant nation-state. Humans are pissed. Go.

That’s pretty much all the setup that’s required.
    Because the idea of the X-Men living in the mansion doing their thing and protecting a world that hates and fears them is what people know of the X-Men and this is going to be a cartoon directed at children even if it's enjoyable by longterm fans and adults as well. Simple is better. Explaining why the X-Men are suddenly living in their own nation on an island? Not so much, unless they build their way up to it in the show itself. Hickman's plot is a multi-season pay off, not episode one.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, we haven't had an X-Men cartoon in years, so I think that's even more reason to feature the X-Men in their traditional setup given probably most kids haven't really had them presented in that form in such a long time.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Because the idea of the X-Men living in the mansion doing their thing and protecting a world that hates and fears them is what people know of the X-Men and this is going to be a cartoon directed at children even if it's enjoyable by longterm fans and adults as well. Simple is better. Explaining why the X-Men are suddenly living in their own nation on an island? Not so much, unless they build their way up to it in the show itself. Hickman's plot is a multi-season pay off, not episode one.
    Gotta cater to the "casual-knowledge-only" potential audience if they want a lot of viewers. And "casual 'X-Men' knowledge" is that they're based on a school in Westchester. And "casual knowledge" dictates that there is still a distinct superhero-supervillain character divide in the setting, and not the shades of grim-black-gray from the comic books that veteran readers revel in now.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Gotta cater to the "casual-knowledge-only" potential audience if they want a lot of viewers. And "casual 'X-Men' knowledge" is that they're based on a school in Westchester. And "casual knowledge" dictates that there is still a distinct superhero-supervillain character divide in the setting, and not the shades of grim-black-gray from the comic books that veteran readers revel in now.
    I don't even think it's a matter of catering to casual audiences but re-introducing the characters and their core concept to people and kids again in a way we haven't really had in a while.

That too. Now, would you prefer the Special Project/possible animated series' school population to be "small" like in the 92 animation/Evolution or large like in the Fox films, but with focus on the named characters?

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    That too. Now, would you prefer the Special Project/possible animated series' school population to be "small" like in the 92 animation/Evolution or large like in the Fox films, but with focus on the named characters?
    It probably depends on what the approach is, but I'd like it if they developed a wider student body going forward as they introduce more characters.

Like maybe introduce "generational" mutant characters all at once, say with the New Mutants, Gen-X and the Academy X kids all being same-age contemporaries rather than years-apart "sempai-kohai" like the comics. The 2017 "Marvel's Spider-Man" series already did that by starting with a high-school Peter, but already introducing Anya Corazon and guest appearances from Kamala Khan.

Say, I'm really liking the atmosphere of discussion in this particular thread. Possible new animated series and all.

I would prefer something that’s not a retread of what we’ve had before. Hence the Krakoa set up, which isn’t hard to do at all. Start out with a shot of the school, pan out and it’s covered in vines, Jean takes some students through a portal and we get the whole House of X #1 Krakoa set up. The U.N. vote, the humans freaking out and enacting the Orchis Protocols and whatnot... just not that hard at all. And interesting. Much more interesting than retreading already well-trod ground IMO. Three cartoons to date, all set at the school (TAS, Evolution, WatXM). Four if you count the old ‘Pryde of the X-men’ cartoon. Time for a new approach IMO, which is precisely why Hickman was brought in to shake things up in the comics.

I hope we see the rise of Krakoa during the show if this is indeed for an animated series.