Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If Xavier has their template stored in Cerebro then yeah they should be.
    I think what he was getting at is said mutant shouldnt be backed up by Cerebro bc of the telepathy immunity. With that said, few mutants have complete immunity to telepathy and even those whom are highly resistant can lower their defenses for the purposes of getting backed up. I imagine thats what someone like Magik and Storm must do. Those that dont cant be restored by Cerebro

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think what he was getting at is said mutant shouldnt be backed up by Cerebro bc of the telepathy immunity. With that said, few mutants have complete immunity to telepathy and even those whom are highly resistant can lower their defenses for the purposes of getting backed up. I imagine thats what someone like Magik and Storm must do. Those that dont cant be restored by Cerebro
    Yup. And not able to lowering the defense with complete immunity can result being never back uped!

But maybe there are ways to temporary disable this "problem", for example using Leech to disable this immunity for a short time...

Until an Omega mutant will born with the ability of complete immunity to everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    That's gotta be Rictor. It's his Excalibur outfit, including his new slick backed hair.
    Might be right.

-DJ
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Yup. And not able to lowering the defense with complete immunity can result being never back uped!
    It is funny how many new characters back in the 80s were conveniently immune to telepathy to prevent Xavier from verifying anything about them. Psylocke. Gambit. Magik.

It seemed to be a generic feature of a new character, that they had to have some uncertain motivations, a mysterious backstory, maybe a dark secret or two, and were immune to having their bona fides verified telepathically...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post

But maybe there are ways to temporary disable this "problem", for example using Leech to disable this immunity for a short time...

Until an Omega mutant will born with the ability of complete immunity to everything...
    I wanted to come back to this. In HOX #5 Magneto says that Cerebro's first function was to "copy the mind--the essence, the anima--of any mutant Xavier found." Even with an immunity to telepathy, the X-gene can still determined by Xavier/Cerebro.

So in theory, if Cerebro can detect the mutant, then it can copy the essence. That means that Xavier himself isn't making the copy so mutants with an immunity to telepathy can still be copied. Xaviers is just using his powers to put he essence into the cloned body/shell.

I suspect I'll be updating this page plenty in the coming months.

Typing fingers ready.