Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was really interesting. I’ve always wanted to see more done with the Children of the Vault. Them being the predecessors to Homo Novissima seems like a no brainer, but I also believe there should be some link between their creation — The Conquistador and its time acceleration-incubator technology — and The World facility that Weapon Plus built which created Fantomex, the Cuckoos, Weapon XV, etc., in much the same way. That also seems like a no brainer in terms of there being some link. Perhaps the technology on The Conquistador which created the CoV was the predecessor to what Weapon Plus eventually stole, and modified, to become The World. Just a thought. And, of course, where did it all come from? I’ve got a cool bit of head canon/a fan theory about that... what if, upon Cable’s return to this era on an early mission for the U.S. government into Central America (think 80s Cold War black ops stuff), he got careless and lost his bionic (techno-organic) arm in an explosion. That arm was recovered and it contained his body slide technology, complete with a slightly damaged chronal regulator that allowed him to jump back and forth in time. He assumed it was destroyed, but this is what some scientists used to create the technology on The Conquistador in the first place.

That could be a really cool way to tie it all together IMO.
    I didn't know Cookoos were created in the world,or do you mean they were grown in a lab by Weapon plus but not in the world? I never really read their genesis storyline

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I didn't know Cookoos were created in the world,or do you mean they were grown in a lab by Weapon plus but not in the world? I never really read their genesis storyline
    The Cuckoos are Weapon XIV, so they were created as part of the Weapon Plus Program (Cap, Logan, Fantomex, etc). Quick backstory is back when Emma Frost was comatose in the Mansion after Fitzroy and his Sentinels attacked the Hellfire Club, John Sublime somehow harvested Emma's eggs and began experimenting and cloning for the Weapons plus program. They were grown artificially in The World

BANNED

Anyone else notice that "The Vault" and "The World" both seem focus on manipulating time in one fashion or another?

Oh yeah. I definitely did. Always thought it’d be interesting to discover how they’re related. My theory is that the Vault was a predecessor to the World. Or maybe vice versa, with the latter being a spin-off the same way Weapon X spun off from Weapon Plus, or the Facility which created X-23 spun off from Weapon X.

I also thought it’d be cool if Cable was somehow responsible, on one of his trips back in time he accidentally left technology behind that aided scientists in the creation of the time manipulating technology that powers these places.

How about a mini containing the adventures of Synch, Darwin, and X-23 that can double as vehicle that explains the world the Children of the Vault reside in. Let's see how would be scooped up and put through the full process, where some of these questions are answered.

I’m here for it. Wish Kid Cable had gone in with them and could come out full grown too. Ha. Maybe he should go in to rescue them and have that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    How about a mini containing the adventures of Synch, Darwin, and X-23 that can double as vehicle that explains the world the Children of the Vault reside in. Let's see how would be scooped up and put through the full process, where some of these questions are answered.
    I would love to see that!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The Cuckoos are Weapon XIV, so they were created as part of the Weapon Plus Program (Cap, Logan, Fantomex, etc). Quick backstory is back when Emma Frost was comatose in the Mansion after Fitzroy and his Sentinels attacked the Hellfire Club, John Sublime somehow harvested Emma's eggs and began experimenting and cloning for the Weapons plus program. They were grown artificially in The World
    Thanks for the summary, do you know the actual issues this arc is part of so I can try read the story?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    I would love to see that!!!
    Same here, I just love the CoV in general,their story and world intrigues me,hoping Hickman dives in deep with all his world building.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would get that for sure. I love the Children of the Vault. Great concept and great characters (thank you Mike Carey)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

BANNED

I like the fact that the Children of the Vault are a separate species from either baseline humans or mutant humans -- it puts a huge and refreshing dent in the "all baseline humans hate mutant humans" thing.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if they resume Darwin's,Synch's and X story they'll resume it right after we saw Scott talking to Xavier or Allow passage of time from that issue, assuming that issue is contemporaneous to our time , it coming out in Jan means by September or Autumn if we resume that tale ,the trio will have lived over two millennia in the vault! Damn it's possible that if they survive ,they'll come back with children of their own probably assimilating CoV asexual reproduction technology.Would be fun to explore them like Children drifting from mutant genetics over time if not outright evolving beyond mutant.

Thanks for the summary, do you know the actual issues this arc is part of so I can try read the story?
    X-Men: Phoenix Warsong #1-3 seem to be the most relevant issues

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Seems the CoV story will be followed up upon after XoS. Hope they will not leave it as it is. We need a follow up
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

I wonder if they resume Darwin's,Synch's and X story they'll resume it right after we saw Scott talking to Xavier or Allow passage of time from that issue, assuming that issue is contemporaneous to our time , it coming out in Jan means by September or Autumn if we resume that tale ,the trio will have lived over two millennia in the vault! Damn it's possible that if they survive ,they'll come back with children of their own probably assimilating CoV asexual reproduction technology.Would be fun to explore them like Children drifting from mutant genetics over time if not outright evolving beyond mutant.
    Lol, forget asexual! If they do "age up" the 3 of them i would like to see a scenario where they mate with the CoV and somehow form a hierarchy of some kind of hybrid super race that sets up to transform the world or rule it! At the very least I want to see Synch and Darwin return just to confirm if the both of them are now effectively immortal, just due the function of each of their mutation.