Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

That sure looked like Serafina to me.

I just re-read Supernovas for the first time since the original run because of this. It holds up. Mike Carey was one of the few writers that held my interest since Morrison. I'll have to read through the entire run - I followed the whole main run but lost track during Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The cooked remark makes me doubt she is Serafina, why would she say that?

However the Vault remark of Ororo makes me think she is.
    I was thinking it's a version of her before she was completely formed. As if Orchis was trying to pull them out of time as soon as the 5000 years evolutionary process was completed, but she was taken early.

BANNED

I wasn't reading during their last story. What's their status atm?

I'd love to believe this recent interest in kooky remnant species might mean the return of the Neo (yes, I know they got mostly wiped out). I kind of dug those weird-ass losers.

The Children all had very distinct and unique designs, so it seems unlikely to me that it was meant to be someone else who happened to be dressed just like Serafina. Though I agree there appears to be something off about her, as if she was an earlier version like some speculated.

Unless Orchis is revealed to have time travel capabilities, I could imagine that the Children might have multiple Vaults and/or stored backups of their own, and Orchis managed to find such a site. Also because it seems unlikely to me that Orchis managed to overpower and capture one of the Children we met before, as they appear way out of their league.

BANNED

Or one of the Orchis founders was part of the original Vault experiments. Someone Creed missed.

Magneto is the only one from this issue to have met any of the Children and he didn't seem to recognize her as Serafina.

But that could be due to the fact that she was a photonegative, right down to her speech bubbles. She looks and sounds different.

Children of tomorrow made by evil reed RichardS from the ultimate universe

616 version of children of the vault

Hickman made them when he was writing in the ultimate universe

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The Children all had very distinct and unique designs, so it seems unlikely to me that it was meant to be someone else who happened to be dressed just like Serafina. Though I agree there appears to be something off about her, as if she was an earlier version like some speculated.

Unless Orchis is revealed to have time travel capabilities, I could imagine that the Children might have multiple Vaults and/or stored backups of their own, and Orchis managed to find such a site. Also because it seems unlikely to me that Orchis managed to overpower and capture one of the Children we met before, as they appear way out of their league.
    It may not be exactly Serafina, but I think it's one of her sisters for sure!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Libertι, Ιgalitι, Fraternitι”

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

A good summary of Orchis. Though there is an error: The husband of Dr. Alia Gregor was Erasmus, not Walker Kin. Actually, we never saw anyone named Walker Kin so far.

But it also confirms it was indeed Serafina, but also mentioned is has to be seen on which side she is in this. No mention of the other Children yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

An interesting bit from the Children backstory is that they werent supposed to be realeased from the Vault until some cataclysmic event would wipe out both human and mutant. Could that event be the ascension shown in Life 6? They evolved by 6000 years in the span of two decades. How advanced would they have been after a millenia?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    An interesting bit from the Children backstory is that they werent supposed to be realeased from the Vault until some cataclysmic event would wipe out both human and mutant. Could that event be the ascension shown in Life 6? They evolved by 6000 years in the span of two decades. How advanced would they have been after a millenia?
    Maybe the Moira solo will get into this and tie in with the premature release of Serafina. I am just looking forward to Serafina and others as potential nemeses for our Krakoan Mighty Heroes
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

If only Serafina could finish her storyline with Cannonball... A man can dream..