Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Did Moira kill Destiny?

Let's face it Destiny is the Chekhov's gun that Hickman has loaded (one of them at least) the mutant that can bring Moira's house of cards to come tumbling down. At one point Mystique is gonna find a way to resurrect the love of her life when she gets fed up with Xavier's bs. Given the circumstances of Destiny's death and Moira's retconned history with her and Moira's mission to birth reality warping mutants do you think this was an elaborate way of taking Destiny off the board? Especially with the "No precogs on Krakoa" rule that was revealed in PoX #6.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let's face it Destiny is the Chekhov's gun that Hickman has loaded (one of them at least) the mutant that can bring Moira's house of cards to come tumbling down. At one point Mystique is gonna find a way to resurrect the love of her life when she gets fed up with Xavier's bs. Given the circumstances of Destiny's death and Moira's retconned history with her and Moira's mission to birth reality warping mutants do you think this was an elaborate way of taking Destiny off the board? Especially with the "No precogs on Krakoa" rule that was revealed in PoX #6.
    Didn't Legion kill Destiny on Muir Island? And Legion spent a lot of time with Moira on Muir Island. But he was possessed by the Shadow King when he killed Irene, so I don't know. Where is the Shadow King, btw. Did Xavier destroy him on the Astral Plane? I don't see anyone inviting him to Krakoa.

What if Destiny is alive and Moira doesn't want her resurrected because it would create a duplicate?

It's very possible that Moira and Destiny might be working together in secret and we will find that out later, perhaps Moira found a way to test the resurrection process technologically and has already brought Destiny back.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Didn't Legion kill Destiny on Muir Island? And Legion spent a lot of time with Moira on Muir Island. But he was possessed by the Shadow King when he killed Irene, so I don't know. Where is the Shadow King, btw. Did Xavier destroy him on the Astral Plane? I don't see anyone inviting him to Krakoa.
    I am not sure if the Shadow King is a mutant or if he is a demonic entity.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

Yeah I can't see Shadow King being a priority on the resurrect list..... Charles might just say **** him and leave him dead and even if he's alive somehow he ain't getting a nice shiny krakoa invite

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Yeah I can't see Shadow King being a priority on the resurrect list..... Charles might just say **** him and leave him dead and even if he's alive somehow he ain't getting a nice shiny krakoa invite
    More importantly, shouldn’t the shadow king know about Moira’s secret since he was in her head for quite a while on Muir Isle?

Astonishing Member

So you're all saying the original cannon is too messy to be delved into??? Interesting you could be right.

What if Destiny is alive and Moira doesn't want her resurrected because it would create a duplicate?

It's very possible that Moira and Destiny might be working together in secret and we will find that out later, perhaps Moira found a way to test the resurrection process technologically and has already brought Destiny back.
    Why would Moira WANT to work with Destiny? It's her fault she lost her third life!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would Moira WANT to work with Destiny? It's her fault she lost her third life!
    I don't think she would. Especially after everything she's been through she most definitely see's Destiny as a threat that needs to be taken care of.

BANNED

Mutant, though his presence on the astral plane and his nature lends itself to the belief that he may be some of some otherworldly existence. He was snuffed out during Soule's Astonishing run, but unless if Xavier has put a stop to it, he falls under the Resurrection protocols. His telepathy could probably be considered Omega level too...

I'm not sure Moira has forgiven Destiny enough to bring her into the fold and make her privy to the Xavier/Erik/Moira trio, but it's really interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Having a precognitive in your back-pocket would be invaluable when trying to shape an ideal future and moving around pieces on a very elaborate chessboard. Moira has to contend with a great many variables, and she can't possibly know the best way to approach every problem that arises. In this scenario, Irene could advise her on the best path forward, and what to watch out for (even of her hints are often cryptic as hell)

Oh for goodness sake, no! Legion killed Destiny in Claremont's run!
    This was over 30 years ago, how are you connecting the two? This filling in the gaps on the writers behalf is just silly now. Hickman had nothing to do with Claremont's run and everything else is just a retcon.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Moira's backdoor historical revisions are the new "This is the work of an ENEMY STAND!"
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Mighty Member

It could have happened. The Shadow King was in everyone’s head on Muir Isle for the most part. Moira and most people were acting differently. If the shadow king was on her head and in Legion’s head, he obviously could have made Legion kill her on behalf of Moira. Doesn’t mean it was intentional.

Incredible Member

He wasn't possessed by the Shadow King, it was the Jack Wayne personality of Legion that killed Destiny during the Reavers' attack on Muir Island. Forge came to Muir Island then and helped set up a defence system for it. He was searching for the X-Men after being taunted on the Astral Plane by Amahl Farouk. He was followed to Muir Island by Farouk's presence and when he tried to get Legion to use Moira's Cerebro unit, Farouk struck and attacked Legion. He slowly began his possession of the inhabitants then but really only possessed Legion fully when Carol Danvers came to the island, even then, his primary host was still Inspector Jacob Reisz. Legion was only ever his host for about an issue or two.

Amahl Farouk is a mutant, what the Shadow King is really isn't known. From what can be pieced together, the Shadow King was malignant energy that released onto the Astral Plane accumulated over thousands of years by nightmares. Farouk happened to be somebody who touched those energies and they became like his astral form, helping him survive even after his death until his resurrection. His repeated statements at being a mutant in Claremont's original run and True Friends to his enthralled and others point to him as being a mutant with something greater - like Jean Grey as Phoenix.

Claremont's original intention was to reveal that the Hellfire Club created the Shadow King in the 1800s, likely by having him bonded to Amahl Farouk and thus, the threats in his entire run were manipulated by Farouk. Things changed and it took True Friends ten years to be released.

It would've been: Farouk sees the future by a time traveling Rachel and is inspired to face Professor X and by Ahab's Hounds; Farouk is defeated by Professor X; Farouk starts manipulating the Hellfire Club to take control of Jean Grey as Phoenix; Jean Grey becomes Dark Phoenix due to Mastermind due to Farouk; Farouk is responsible for the Sentinels rise but this timeline is prevented; Farouk controls the Reavers to use to try and get Gateway to give him access to Dreamtime. Then, the Mutant Wars was going to be about an all out war between the factions of Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, Stryfe and Magneto, this got replaced by the X-Tinction Agenda and the Muir Island Saga got shortened - it originally would've had Farouk killing Xavier in Legion's body and then Magneto killing him by leading the X-Men.

However, the interesting question is, Farouk was likely using the knowledge he got from Moira's head to push for one of the dark futures of her lives, hence him literally setting himself up as the antithesis to Professor X's dream.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Oh for goodness sake, no! Legion killed Destiny in Claremont's run!
    This was over 30 years ago, how are you connecting the two? This filling in the gaps on the writers behalf is just silly now. Hickman had nothing to do with Claremont's run and everything else is just a retcon.
    Uh no one is saying Hickman did? And of course it's a retcon I use that very word in the OP so what are you trying to say? No one is trying to steal Claremont's thunder.

One of the points of HoX/PoX is re-contextualizing past X-Men plot points and considering the hidden past between Moira/Destiny and her plan to birth reality altering mutants one of which happened to be the cause of her death as well as her being vehemently opposed to the idea of bringing Destiny back to life, can't just be coincidence.
    Last edited by loke13; 10-14-2019 at 01:07 AM.