Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Uh no one is saying Hickman did? And of course it's a retcon I use that very word in the OP so what are you trying to say? No one is trying to steal Claremont's thunder.

One of the points of HoX/PoX is re-contextualizing past X-Men plot points and considering the hidden past between Moira/Destiny and her plan to birth reality altering mutants one of which happened to be the cause of her death as well as her being vehemently opposed to the idea of bringing Destiny back to life, can't just be coincidence.
    But Destiny's death hasn't been retconned. Besides everything with Moira, Hickman has so far retconned Bar Sinister being around in Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 and Legion and Proteus being planned.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Having a precognitive in your back-pocket would be invaluable when trying to shape an ideal future and moving around pieces on a very elaborate chessboard. Moira has to contend with a great many variables, and she can't possibly know the best way to approach every problem that arises. In this scenario, Irene could advise her on the best path forward, and what to watch out for (even of her hints are often cryptic as hell)
    Yeah, but there are other precogs. She wouldn't need Destiny.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Didn't Legion kill Destiny on Muir Island? And Legion spent a lot of time with Moira on Muir Island. But he was possessed by the Shadow King when he killed Irene, so I don't know. Where is the Shadow King, btw. Did Xavier destroy him on the Astral Plane? I don't see anyone inviting him to Krakoa.
    I think Legion actually killed Destiny before he was possessed by the Shadow King. It was stated in the issues around that time that Shadow King gained entry into Legion's mind when he used Cerebro, at Moira's behest, to locate the X-Men. And this event took place after Legion had killed Destiny.

The first wave of the the folks on Muir Island acting "evil" was due to Polaris' arrival and her new mutation to bring out people's negative emotions & behavior.

However, the order of events could have been shuffled around in a retcon or re-telling, so I could be wrong.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Moira killed Destiny, but she's keeping her dead now, which is its own thing.

People think it's very illogical and wrong that Moira do this to all of the precogs, but I think it shows just how selfish Moira really is. She HAS to be right, she cannot let herself be wrong. She is afraid of Destiny, she is afraid of dying, she is a woman who has been totally and completely broken down by the very difficult life she has led. And Destiny and the other precogs would prove that she isn't right, that she will fail.

But also, I think their exclusion is meant by Hickman to show the flaws and true horror of racism. On Krakoa, everyone is given a chance, there is a place for everyone-unless you're the wrong sort of mutant.

Hasn't Moira killed everybody and/or herself multiple times to get here?
    Last edited by sungila; 10-14-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let's face it Destiny is the Chekhov's gun that Hickman has loaded (one of them at least) the mutant that can bring Moira's house of cards to come tumbling down. At one point Mystique is gonna find a way to resurrect the love of her life when she gets fed up with Xavier's bs.
    God I HOPE you're right. That would be totally awesome if you ask me
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY