Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wesley Gibson vs Roland the Gunslinger

Wesley Gibson of Wanted takes on Roland in a gun duel.

1. Live action Wesley vs Live Action Roland
    2. Comic Wesley vs Book Roland
    3. Composite vs Composite

Which sharpshooter wins?

The Live Action Wanted stuff is too ludicrous even for Roland.

I’ve never read the Wanted comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The Live Action Wanted stuff is too ludicrous even for Roland.

I’ve never read the Wanted comic.
    Nope, book Roland had legit superhuman drawing speed and accuracy. He will react first which is an instant hit.

Movie versions I'm not sure of.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Nope, book Roland had legit superhuman drawing speed and accuracy. He will react first which is an instant hit.

Movie versions I'm not sure of.
    How superhuman are we talking here?

Comic Wesley shoots the wings off flies and is fast enough to deflect bullets with a knife. He's very quick.

And because I posted about Wanted, I have made a small donation to a men's mental health charity (CALM in the UK for reference) because the comic is so intensely horrible that I feel the need to redress some kind of karmic balance in the world.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    How superhuman are we talking here?

Comic Wesley shoots the wings off flies and is fast enough to deflect bullets with a knife. He's very quick.
    Yeah, as much as I detest the comic, Wesley is also fully super-fast.

Roland, as I recall, is in the 'hands move so quickly that you can't see them' and 'shoots so fast it sounds like continuous roll of thunder' area, but I can't recall any other speed feats outside of those. Unless someone has better ones, as much as I hate to say it, I'd have to give it to the bullet-timing Wesley.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, as much as I detest the comic, Wesley is also fully super-fast.

Roland, as I recall, is in the 'hands move so quickly that you can't see them' and 'shoots so fast it sounds like continuous roll of thunder' area, but I can't recall any other speed feats outside of those. Unless someone has better ones, as much as I hate to say it, I'd have to give it to the bullet-timing Wesley.
    There is feat in the books, while I don't remember the exact numbers, where he shoots 7 hypersonic missles coming at him from just 500 metres (or feet, can't remember) away. He one shots them of them before they can get to him. I'll have to reread the books to get the exact numbers as I haven't read the books in over 10 years.

Can you print it out here? The relevant parts?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Found a Roland respect thread here.

It seems pretty in-depth. No mention of missiles though.

The only thing I see in the speed-feats that stands out when compared to somewhere around bullet-timing speed is the whole 'Draws so fast that people who draw too fast for human eyes to follow can't follow his movements'.
    Why are we here?

I don't recall the missiles.

It miiight be when he shot the discs the Crimson King were firing from the balcony he was trapped on; but I don't remember those being hypersonic.

EDIT: I don't think he actually shot them either, just dodged out of the way.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Can you print it out here? The relevant parts?
    I don't have the books anymore. I'll see if I can google them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I don't recall the missiles.

It miiight be when he shot the discs the Crimson King were firing from the balcony he was trapped on; but I don't remember those being hypersonic.

EDIT: I don't think he actually shot them either, just dodged out of the way.
    My memory is a bit hazy but it might have been that instance. But I'm pretty sure they weren't discs but more like propelled missiles. But i'm going to need to clarify that.

O/T but the Crimson King was one of the biggest letdowns in fiction. He was presented as this universe/multiverse level entity but ended up being just an old man who used regular world tech. And then got erased from existence by a random guy they added in the last book.

I think that was kind of the point.

Roland has been repeating this cycle for who knows how many thousands and thousands of years, and every time he does it changes/gets easier depending on how and what he's done.

He may have been that dangerous at one point, but times change.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I think that was kind of the point.

Roland has been repeating this cycle for who knows how many thousands and thousands of years, and every time he does it changes/gets easier depending on how and what he's done.

He may have been that dangerous at one point, but times change.
    Maybe, it just seemed very anti-climatic to me.