Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,223

    Default Something about Palpatine's possible return had me thinking...

    Both Luke and Maul fall down long shafts and somehow survive, and both were arguably in worse shape than Palpatine-Luke lost his hand, Maul his lower body. Palpatine just got tossed pretty much. Granted, the Death Star exploded shortly thereafter, but it's possible I suppose he could've escaped using some other method. Or maybe all along he's somehow survived in the wreckage.


    It's always been said that the big rush of energy that comes out of the shaft is simply all of Palpatine's dark side energy being released upon his death. What if it was something else all along? Maybe some other force power that helped him somehow survive? We've also seen other force users survive pretty large falls before (Take several parts of AOTC for instance).


    Know it's kind of a goofy theory but it does seem to have a bit of precedent....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-09-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Both Luke and Maul fall down long shafts and somehow survive, and both were arguably in worse shape than Palpatine-Luke lost his hand, Maul his lower body. Palpatine just got tossed pretty much. Granted, the Death Star exploded shortly thereafter, but it's possible I suppose he could've escaped using some other method. Or maybe all along he's somehow survived in the wreckage.


    It's always been said that the big rush of energy that comes out of the shaft is simply all of Palpatine's dark side energy being released upon his death. What if it was something else all along? Maybe some other force power that helped him somehow survive? We've also seen other force users survive pretty large falls before (Take several parts of AOTC for instance).


    Know it's kind of a goofy theory but it does seem to have a bit of precedent....
    We quite clearly see the explosion happen in the Death Star's core while he is audibly falling within it.

  3. #3
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,110

    Default

    They do have a habit of surviving some pretty nasty wounds like complete immolation on top of dismemberment and getting cut in half.

    But I suspect he either is really weakened from that, or it's a holo droid made to think it is Palpatine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Or perhaps some kind of smoke and mirrors thing like The Wizard Of Oz.


    One interesting thing that Disney's done is that they've actually made Palpatine more of a recluse, somewhat similar to the characterization in the first Star Wars novel. He of course still pulls all the strings but he seems to not make that many public appearances, and a lot of Imperial propoganda shows him still in his pre-Sith lightning face. This also happens in Rebels, especially when he meets Ezra and appears that way via hologram as well.

    Palpatine's voice also doesn't sound that Emperorish in the recent ROS trailer as well. "Your journey nears it's end".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  5. #5
    Incredible Member abulafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    553

    Default

    anakinīs skydiving in atoc made it hard to believe that mace wouldnīt safe him self during his long fall.

    if palps comes back it should be as clone ala dark empire. i think it will involve a bit of darth plagues dark force magic since they talk alot of the story coming full circle in RoS.
    maybe they will even touch the subject of anakinīs creation.

    palps surviving the exposion of DS2 would be dumb as hell
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

  6. #6
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    anakinīs skydiving in atoc made it hard to believe that mace wouldnīt safe him self during his long fall.

    if palps comes back it should be as clone ala dark empire. i think it will involve a bit of darth plagues dark force magic since they talk alot of the story coming full circle in RoS.
    maybe they will even touch the subject of anakinīs creation.

    palps surviving the exposion of DS2 would be dumb as hell
    I think it was for TFU, but one of the Shadow Guards you fight in the game was supposed to drop a purple lightsaber implying it was Mace Windu. The implication being they had been brainwashed Jedi survivors.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,608

    Default

    I would really hope he doesn't just survive. That would completely ruin Anakin's storyline. He brings balance in the end by killing Palpatine. Physically this can't be undone or else you destroy the story the prequels and the originals told. It has to be something metaphysical in nature. That he's able to endure beyond the flesh and maybe comes back physically after the fact eventually via use of a clone or what not. Even that might hurt Anakin's arc but at the very least it maintains it on a technical level. But Anakin has to have still categorically killed him in Return of the Jedi. That can't be rewritten.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would really hope he doesn't just survive. That would completely ruin Anakin's storyline. He brings balance in the end by killing Palpatine. Physically this can't be undone or else you destroy the story the prequels and the originals told. It has to be something metaphysical in nature. That he's able to endure beyond the flesh and maybe comes back physically after the fact eventually via use of a clone or what not. Even that might hurt Anakin's arc but at the very least it maintains it on a technical level. But Anakin has to have still categorically killed him in Return of the Jedi. That can't be rewritten.
    Well, whatever happens, I think the "chosen one" prophecy is no longer intended to fully apply to Anakin or Luke, given the events of the sequel trilogy. In TLJ interviews Hamill said that Luke saw Ben Skywalker as the chosen one, until he turned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •