Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars stuff

Default Star Wars stuff

Here's some Star Wars stuff!

1. Where's Rose? Fans are upset due to a lack of Rose Tico merch. I don't know what the problem is. Just look in the nearest bargain bin...just kidding Here is the Vanity Fair article https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...lly-marie-tran,

2. Remember Freddie Prinze Junior? He went on a rant about a space movie, no it's not Wing Commander. You really should watch Wing Commander it's awesome. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/freddi...bout-star-wars

3. Rian Johnson trilogy watch! With "Knives Out" finished and garnering Oscar buzz is it time for Rian to return to a galaxy far far away? Let's hear from the man himself! "Well we'll see. I'm still talking to Lucasfilm, they're figuring out what they're doing and we'll see what happens. But I'd be thrilled if it happens,and I'm working on my own stuff to" Hey, what's the rush? On the current timeline it would be almost ten years before Rian's trilogy could happen 😁
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

1. Where's Rose? Fans are upset due to a lack of Rose Tico merch. I don't know what the problem is. Just look in the nearest bargain bin...just kidding Here is the Vanity Fair article https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...lly-marie-tran,
    Considering all the harassment Kelly Marie Tran was given for simply being in a movie, it would've been nice if LucasFilm had been more on the ball with this. Am aware at least one instance was due to the reference materials not being ready for the artist in question. Hoping that the second wave gets her in it.

2. Remember Freddie Prinze Junior? He went on a rant about a space movie, no it's not Wing Commander. You really should watch Wing Commander it's awesome. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/freddi...bout-star-wars
    Saw the reports regarding that. The guy would know what he's talking about.

3. Rian Johnson trilogy watch! With "Knives Out" finished and garnering Oscar buzz is it time for Rian to return to a galaxy far far away? Let's hear from the man himself! "Well we'll see. I'm still talking to Lucasfilm, they're figuring out what they're doing and we'll see what happens. But I'd be thrilled if it happens,and I'm working on my own stuff to" Hey, what's the rush? On the current timeline it would be almost ten years before Rian's trilogy could happen ��
    Once again, the trilogy has not been announced to be canceled.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

3. Rian Johnson trilogy watch! With "Knives Out" finished and garnering Oscar buzz is it time for Rian to return to a galaxy far far away? Let's hear from the man himself! "Well we'll see. I'm still talking to Lucasfilm, they're figuring out what they're doing and we'll see what happens. But I'd be thrilled if it happens,and I'm working on my own stuff to" Hey, what's the rush? On the current timeline it would be almost ten years before Rian's trilogy could happen ��

1- I don't give a crap about rose.

2- He seems like a cool dude, with a decent take. Yeah, The Star Wars is a kid ****. Grey Jedi is bullcrap, don't be a edge lord. Even there is grey nothing in real life. It's just an excuse to do evil. Life is black and white just like fiction. Only part in fiction that is stupid and kid **** is evil shoved down your throud as absolute good. Jedis are brute evil ***** just like siths. They resolve violance and even kill, all their traning is for power. Selflessness is evil. You need to be selfish in life to be slightly happy. If you are selfless, you harm yourself and that's evil. So jedis = Siths unless you are ***** 6 years old and buy into this kid ****'s kid **** lore.

3- I only hate how they treated and killed Luke inorder to make new gang shine and make them have more face time. **** that **** I only went that film to see Luke.... I don't give a crap a about rey, poe, rose, finn or kylo...
    Last edited by Gurz; 10-14-2019 at 11:13 AM.

“Star Wars is totally a lifestyle. Everyone wants to show off their love for it. Star Wars is everyday,” she said. “It’s so important to have her on [products] to represent that ‘this is my fandom.’”

when will people evolve beyond materialism?
    i consume, i am being noticed, i am! i matter! a fragile ego screaming for attention.
    what is wrong with these people?
    star wars is also part of me. with its motives, igniting my imagination. but i don´t need a luke skywalker t-shirt.
    okay, there are layers, everyone has their guilty pleasures. live and let live, okay.

from early on i couldn´t wrap my head around idolizing others. especially strangers. nothing wrong with being inspired, gaining new insights.
    for example, youth friends had their rooms plasterd with metal bands in cool posing. gives me nothing. artwork maybe, think master of puppets.
    and look what behaviour girls display with their boybands.

kill your idols. be yourself

peer groups are important. but being dependent on a commercial (!) franchise?

"this is my fandom" make your own stuff. you can print t-shirts, you know? you are not your t-shirt anyway.
    why do i have to own something?

okay i´ll stop myself her before i fall into somekind of tyler durden ragerant.

yes, like stuff. but don´ t be fanatic about it. offer, give input. don´t preach. nothing good has ever come from such behaviour.
    vain words anyway that won´t reach rose fan from LA. out
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-14-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    “Star Wars is totally a lifestyle. Everyone wants to show off their love for it. Star Wars is everyday,” she said. “It’s so important to have her on [products] to represent that ‘this is my fandom.’”
    I have never thought it that way before... I just like toys.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I have never thought it that way before... I just like toys.
    you just wish to be master of puppets, admit it!

kill your idols:
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-14-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

you just wish to be master of puppets, admit it!

kill your idols:
    Some fans really go extreme ways to show their displease with the direction that star wars goes... lol

Master of pupets ? lol nah...i even have a rey and bb8 action figure, i eventualy get them all but i really don't care about the squell characters... i don't hate them... may be i don't like kylo... lol not a very good villain. But i don't hate them, i just don't care about them.
    Last edited by Gurz; 10-14-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Rose has appeared in the "bridge" comic Marvel just published.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Rose has appeared in the "bridge" comic Marvel just published.
    She was also a major character in the Spark of Resistance book, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kind of curious if they're going to continue her relationship with Finn. We're seeing a lot more of him with Jannah in pretty much everything.

I have a theory that maybe there's some kind of attack in the movie (perhaps the red beams seen in the trailer) which might destroy Resistance HQ, similar to what happened early on in TLJ, which would write off both Leia and Rose, possibly others like Connix too. Not sure about that given the reaction to Ackbar's death in the last one but Leia will probably die at some point in the film as they probably don't have that much archival footage to cover a big role for her. (What we've seen already is obviously reused TFA footage with some CGI tweaks).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

so the bad guys lazorswords are red.
    but why did the visual department chose to give good guys starfighters red laser beams and the evil guys green ones?
    it kinda reverts the dynamic. that always confused me

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    2- He seems like a cool dude, with a decent take. Yeah, The Star Wars is a kid ****. Grey Jedi is bullcrap, don't be a edge lord. Even there is grey nothing in real life. It's just an excuse to do evil. Life is black and white just like fiction. Only part in fiction that is stupid and kid **** is evil shoved down your throud as absolute good. Jedis are brute evil ***** just like siths. They resolve violance and even kill, all their traning is for power. Selflessness is evil. You need to be selfish in life to be slightly happy. If you are selfless, you harm yourself and that's evil. So jedis = Siths unless you are ***** 6 years old and buy into this kid ****'s kid **** lore.
    What did I just read?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    What did I just read?
    Something you will understand when you grow up...

iMan 42s

so the bad guys lazorswords are red.
    but why did the visual department chose to give good guys starfighters red laser beams and the evil guys green ones?
    it kinda reverts the dynamic. that always confused me
    I don't know how serious this question is but the colors spawn from the FX department needing to show who was doing what. Red and green had been used by then tracer rounds which may have been added for a touch of realism as much as it shown who was shooting who. Blue similarly was also in usage for the heroic characters.

In universe it's just the gas cartridge affecting the blaster bolt like blue being ionized.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I don't know how serious this question is but the colors spawn from the FX department needing to show who was doing what. Red and green had been used by then tracer rounds which may have been added for a touch of realism as much as it shown who was shooting who. Blue similarly was also in usage for the heroic characters.

In universe it's just the gas cartridge affecting the blaster bolt like blue being ionized.
    of course i am serious. why not give the alliance green, the color of hope and growth, and the empire red, the color of aggression?
    both having different signatures makes perfect sense ofc