Astonishing Member

Default Marvel Comics#1001 (Spoilers)

Marvel Comics#1001 was a must read companion comic book to Marvel Comics#1000 to somebody that enjoyed the anthology stories of of Marvel 80th anniversary.

spoilers:
    As in #1000,each page have one story with the first and last page being by Al Ewing.
    Some of my favorites stories were "Leopards and Spots" by Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley,"Selfie-Aware!" by Bob Budiansky,"Uatu Know" by Nick Spencer and Steve Lieber and "See Whatīs Become of Me" by Roger Stern and Jerry Ordway.
    end of spoilers

Story wise and art wise this was a awesome comic book to read imo.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Honestly, I really dislike the idea of one-page stories. It was okay for the special, but not as a monthly thing. The only two pages I found worthwhile were the first and last as they dealt more with the Infinity Mask.

Now... just when was that New Warriors page supposed to have taken place? Most seem dressed in their classic suits, but Silhouette is in her new suit. And Rage? I thought he was dead.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Honestly, I really dislike the idea of one-page stories. It was okay for the special, but not as a monthly thing. The only two pages I found worthwhile were the first and last as they dealt more with the Infinity Mask.

Now... just when was that New Warriors page supposed to have taken place? Most seem dressed in their classic suits, but Silhouette is in her new suit. And Rage? I thought he was dead.
    To me the one page stories are a interesting reading because the way stories can still be worthwile reading in just one page.
    Reminds me of the four panel comics stories,and that with the variety due the many writers and artistīs made these stories something quite interesting.
    The New Warriors one page story could be a Flashback story or a more thematically new story of the New Warriors,thatīs the way that story looked to me in regards of the Marvel continuity.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Wasn’t interested in this issue at all. A complete disappointment as opposed to the 1000. Nothing of note in the shorts and it felt like these were just shorts that didn’t make the cut.

I enjoyed it, especially has it had a lot characters I liked and wasn't bogged down with the Masked Raider. Though it did fell like it was just stories that didn't get into 1000.

Nice to see the new universe heroes again. Marvel needs to bring spitfire and the troubleshooters to the main universe. They may have to rename her as there is a spitfire but she would be great in the iron man books. Nice to see death's head used again and blonde phantom is young and skinny again! (plus a nice nod to the other female ww2 heroes marvel never uses)

No star comics page? Wanted a campy page with planet terry, spider-ham, ewoks, royal roy, misty, top dog and wally the wizard. It was a part of 80s marvel history so why was it not here?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I enjoyed it, especially has it had a lot characters I liked and wasn't bogged down with the Masked Raider. Though it did fell like it was just stories that didn't get into 1000.
    Agreed. I feel the same way you do, leokearon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Nice to see the new universe heroes again. Marvel needs to bring spitfire and the troubleshooters to the main universe. They may have to rename her as there is a spitfire but she would be great in the iron man books. Nice to see death's head used again and blonde phantom is young and skinny again! (plus a nice nod to the other female ww2 heroes marvel never uses)

No star comics page? Wanted a campy page with planet terry, spider-ham, ewoks, royal roy, misty, top dog and wally the wizard. It was a part of 80s marvel history so why was it not here?
    I know, right? Even Spidey/Pete had a team-up with Top Dog, for cryin' out loud!