Default Hawkman versus a Predator

Post-Crisis Hawkman versus the Predator from the first movie, starting at opposite ends of Central Park in Manhattan (our Earth). Hawkman gets his big spiked mace but no Claw of Horus. The Predator gets all of the gear that we saw him use in the first movie.

Astonishing Member

How is Hawkman on penetrating wounds and energy blast resistance? If he's just flesh level, he gets toasted and cut up. Does he have the speed to dodge? Can he sense the Predator when cloaked. H2H, I'd give it to him.

Flesh level folks have the Batman problem - of why aren't they just shot down? No one shot Captain America in the foot?

Hawkman can aim dodge the plasma caster for days. It wasn't exactly a high speed projectile. Preds claws can perhaps damage Hawkman? Buuut then he is in h2h range and he does NOT want to take a mace upside the head. Hawkman can one shot him but not the other way around, even if a plasma bolt did manage to hit.

Way I see it, Hawkman is the one getting hit first and more frequently. At least until he discovers that his opponent is cloaked. Then the match slows waaay down as they both consider their options. Hawkman is hurt but not badly and waits for the Pred to get sloppy or expose itself before he closes the gap and pummels him for the victory. The cloak is good, not great.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    How is Hawkman on penetrating wounds and energy blast resistance? If he's just flesh level, he gets toasted and cut up. Does he have the speed to dodge? Can he sense the Predator when cloaked. H2H, I'd give it to him.

Flesh level folks have the Batman problem - of why aren't they just shot down? No one shot Captain America in the foot?
    Hawkman has literally been lit on fire and continued to move around without bothering to put it out. Narration states that unless it's napalm he wouldn't even notice. He has been smashed through trees, cars and concrete and been ok-ish.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hawkman has literally been lit on fire and continued to move around without bothering to put it out. Narration states that unless it's napalm he wouldn't even notice. He has been smashed through trees, cars and concrete and been ok-ish.
    Drax the Hawkman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan