Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I think the run is an homage to the Eurythmics

Some of them want to abuse you
    Some of them want to be abuuusssed

Everyone in Batman's world falls into one of those two categories
    So the minors Batman abuses I'm guessing fall into the Some of them want to be abuuusssed category. Check.
    They where clearly asking for it am I right? That's alright then.

Lols! Child Abuse is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe King’s big change to Batman is people in universe acknowledge how abusive he is and actually do something about it for once.
    If he was going for that then he wouldn't be going to the trouble of justifying Bruce hitting Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That's the current Bat family in a nutshell IMO. There is a real lack intimacy between what they are calling "family" in that page.
    It hasn't really felt like any writers are all that interested in developing a family dynamic with the actual Batfamily in a long time. Most everyone is secluded in their own book and just makes generic group appearances when they're actually together.

I mean, Tynion tried, but it still felt limited.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If he was going for that then he wouldn't be going to the trouble of justifying Bruce hitting Tim.

It hasn't really felt like any writers are all that interested in developing a family dynamic with the actual Batfamily in a long time. Most everyone is secluded in their own book and just makes generic group appearances when they're actually together.

I mean, Tynion tried, but it still felt limited.
    The explanation feels like something Bruce came up with to rationalize punching Tim in the face after the fact.

I'd still really like some kind of series starring the main members of the Batfamily. Even if it doesn't involve Bruce...actually...especially if it doesn't involve Bruce. Just some kind of miniseries where Dick leads Jason, Tim, Damian, Barabara (maybe Steph and Cass) on some big mission, and focus on these characters re-establishing something that at least slightly resembles a familial bond.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'd still really like some kind of series starring the main members of the Batfamily. Even if it doesn't involve Bruce...actually...especially if it doesn't involve Bruce. Just some kind of miniseries where Dick leads Jason, Tim, Damian, Barabara (maybe Steph and Cass) on some big mission, and focus on these characters re-establishing something that at least slightly resembles a familial bond.
    So... basically a better version of B&RE?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The explanation feels like something Bruce came up with to rationalize punching Tim in the face after the fact.
    I mean, to us the readers, yeah...but in-universe I think it's supposed to be legitimate.
    Do a Batfamily team-up book.

Incredible Member

In the hands of a solid writer I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Steph dissapeared and Duke obtaning more and more relevance everywhere.

I hope see more action here..

I wonder how each member of the Batfamily voted.

Read some reviews. spoilers:
    The Batfamily were mostly there to 'show' how tough Thomas is.
    end of spoilers

Had a feeling that would be the case.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-16-2019 at 04:07 AM.

This issue was so, so bad. I really can't wait until King is done omg.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Read some reviews. spoilers:
    The Batfamily were mostly there to 'show' how tough Thomas is.
    end of spoilers

Had a feeling that would be the case.
    I knew Thomas would beat them, he shapes up to be the big bad. He has to be defeated by Bruce and Selina. Even if it makes no sense. Thomas is old, not trained and already beaten up.
    When has the batfamily been more than cannon fodder in this run?

Ya, for someone who started training well into his adulthood, is older, and is a drinker, he is pulling of some pretty impossible feats. He should not be THAT good.

I'm sure King has another perfectly reasonable explanation somewhere up his sleeves. Maybe Thomas is in on the whole "communication through ass kicking" thing too xD

Incredible Member

I'm sure King has another perfectly reasonable explanation somewhere up his sleeves. Maybe Thomas is in on the whole "communication through ass kicking" thing too xD
    Is Bane in on it too?