Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

To be fair, this hitting isn’t exclusive to Batman. For example Dick routinely gets attacked and hit by members of the Batfamily. Not just Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be fair, this hitting isn’t exclusive to Batman. For example Dick routinely gets attacked and hit by members of the Batfamily. Not just Bruce.
    I mostly follow Batwoman, so the examples that come to mind are:

Batwoman attacking Batgirl - because she thought they were enemies (I forget the specifics).
    Batwoman and Gotham Knights attacking Red Hood and the Outlaws - she thought he was a criminal (and Bizzaro apparently set this up).
    Batwoman attacking Batman (twice) - first time she was blackmailed into fighting him, second time because he wanted to put her sister in Arkham.
    Batwoman 'killed' Clayface - to save Cass. Basil got better, somehow.

Red Robin attacking Batwoman - he was brainwashed.
    Spoiler attacking Batwoman/Cass/Batwing/Azrael/Clayface - she was attacking all of the Gotham Knights (apart from Batman) due to a temper tantrum about 'dead Tim'.
    Cass attacking Batwoman - for 'killing' Clayface.
    Azrael attacking Batwoman and Cass - he was brainwashed.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-16-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Incredible Member

You know what I didn't like in this issue? The constant referrals to all of them as his "kids" and him referring to them as each other's "brothers and sisters"- that kind of stuff is weird to me, has he always overtly referred to them that way? I always thought it was just Dick (and I guess Damien, blech).

Thomas has a point- he kinda does have something wrong with him if he has this unbreakable habit of recruiting underage children and teaching them to beat people up and then calling them a family. It IS weird.

Damian has attacked Dick a few times which really pisses me off. Not only is it unhealthy. It's disrespectful as all hell when we consider the role Dick played in his life.

Communicating with their fists should be reserved for villains and the field.

I wish writers would calm down on Damian attacking family members.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    You know what I didn't like in this issue? The constant referrals to all of them as his "kids" and him referring to them as each other's "brothers and sisters"- that kind of stuff is weird to me, has he always overtly referred to them that way? I always thought it was just Dick (and I guess Damien, blech).

Thomas has a point- he kinda does have something wrong with him if he has this unbreakable habit of recruiting underage children and teaching them to beat people up and then calling them a family. It IS weird.
    What's weird and blech is folks not recognising that there's one type of family. Damian is biological, Dick is adopted, tim and Jason are foster kids so yeah they are HIS KIDS.

Batman is a story of a boy who lost his family and built one for himself by gathering others who were also alone. They are his family and like he told Superman last year in Dark Nights Metal. They are his light, his hope. They are his loved ones. They are family They are the ones he thinks of when things are at their darkest and he has no will/hope. "Thinking of them. Damian. My kids" that give's him joy and the strength to keep on.

They are not all his kids but they are family. Kate is his cousin.

I do agree that there is something off about his constant need to take in young uns and dress up to fight crime. He's even got a new one. A baby he's adopted. He's currently raising him right now in JL and it's adorable. It's dressed as Robin of course and joins him on the field
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-16-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What's weird and blech is folks not recognising that there's one type of family. Damian is biological, Dick is adopted, tim and Jason are foster kids so yeah they are HIS KIDS.
    Originally Jason was adopted and not Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Originally Jason was adopted and not Dick.
    Dick was also adopted as were Tim and Cass

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Batman is a story of a boy who lost his family and built one for himself by gathering others who were also alone. They are his family and like he told Superman last year in Dark Nights Metal. They are his light, his hope. They are his loved ones. They are family They are the ones he thinks of when things are at their darkest and he has no will/hope. "Thinking of them. Damian. My kids" that give's him joy and the strength to keep on.

They are not all his kids but they are family. Kate is his cousin.

I do agree that there is something off about his constant need to take in young uns and dress up to fight crime. He's even got a new one. A baby he's adopted. He's currently raising him right now in JL and it's adorable. It's dressed as Robin of course and joins him on the field
    I never understand people who want to get rid of the batfamily. I feel like they are missing a vital part of what makes Bruce human and likeable.

Yeah the Batfamily as a whole are all quite violent to each other.

Barbara has definitely attacked Dick and Bruce before. I think the whole family needs therapy stat!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think the whole family needs therapy stat!
    Careful what you wish for. You might get Batfamily in Crisis written by Tom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think the whole family needs therapy stat!
    ....Idea for a comic xD

Astonishing Member

Least this **** is near the end.

BANNED

Bats in crisis would probably feature Damian killing everyone else and revealing that he was always a clone of Ra's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Bats in crisis would probably feature Damian killing everyone else and revealing that he was always a clone of Ra's.
    No, it's actually Dick after he got his memories back. He just missed his old life as Ric so much that when they all gathered to have a group hug at the end of their session he got a panic attack and activated his escrima sticks. For some reason the usually non lethal electrocution suddenly kills everyone he was hugging. He tries to frame Jason, who didn't participate because he was smoking outside.

I disagree on the hand waving. This is the first time Bruce has been called out on this. Everyone always ignored it like it didn't never happened.
    I'd disagree with that, if you mean the fandom. I don't know about here (haven't been here that long), but I can point to posts and notes and comments on fic elsewhere that are up to several years old discussing whether or not Bruce is abusive, so it's definitely been discussed, and definitely with some falling on the "abusive" side.

Batwoman attacking Batgirl - because she thought they were enemies (I forget the specifics).
    Batwoman and Gotham Knights attacking Red Hood and the Outlaws - she thought he was a criminal (and Bizzaro apparently set this up).
    Batwoman attacking Batman (twice) - first time she was blackmailed into fighting him, second time because he wanted to put her sister in Arkham.
    Batwoman 'killed' Clayface - to save Cass. Basil got better, somehow.

Red Robin attacking Batwoman - he was brainwashed.
    Spoiler attacking Batwoman/Cass/Batwing/Azrael/Clayface - she was attacking all of the Gotham Knights (apart from Batman) due to a temper tantrum about 'dead Tim'.
    Cass attacking Batwoman - for 'killing' Clayface.
    Azrael attacking Batwoman and Cass - he was brainwashed.
    To be fair, only some of those would actually "count" to me - brainwashing and mistakenly thinking allies are villains are comic book tropes. Especially the latter. Frankly, I'm bored with it, and often it doesn't make sense, but it still doesn't really count unless you'd also count the hero attacking an actual villain the same way. Brainwashing/mind control never counts.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-17-2019 at 04:06 AM.