Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    So...

Attachment 88358

Attachment 88359

Attachment 88361

What are we calling this?
    Three comics that I don't consider canon.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Sadly they are and it's about time fandom gets it. This is who Bruce is.

I liked the way King handled it. Having Bruce tell us he is a child abuser while being ignorant of the fact himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Ah, denial, just like Bruce.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 10-16-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

The only writer who doesn't use Tim as a punching bag is Bendis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only writer who doesn't use Tim as a punching bag is Bendis.
    No, he just gives us material to make jokes about Tim and ducks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's not the worst issue of this run.

It's still really bad, but it's not the worst. That's the maximum of time I want to even talk about this mess.
    Same review. I appreciate the time taken to finally explain some things, although the fact that it was through narration boxes and not just talking felt kind of weird. But that's not the first time in the run.

I liked the Bullock part (favorite). And the Joker twist.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    No, he just gives us material to make jokes about Tim and ducks
    Luckily, 'Drake' is also another word for dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Sadly they are and it's about time fandom gets it. This is who Bruce is.

I liked the way King handled it. Having Bruce tell us he is a child abuser while being ignorant of the fact himself.
    No it really isn’t Ooc moments don’t make a character if it did then everyone in the bat family would be massive pieces of **** including your favorite. What I do find annoying is how the families out of character moments are hand waved,ignored or called out for being ooc but Bruce’s are harped on.
    Last edited by Jcady59; 10-16-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I know, but that clearly isn't what came to most people's minds when they read that comic.

No it really isn’t Ooc moments don’t make a character if it did then everyone in the bat family would be massive pieces of **** including your favorite. What I do find annoying is how the families out of character moments are hand waved,ignored or called out for being ooc but Bruce’s are harped on.
    Unfortunately, it's just moments with Bruce. There are years at a time where he's emotionally abusive. It's piling up on some other characters, too, but not as badly as on Bruce.

I know, but that clearly isn't what came to most people's minds when they read that comic.
    Is drake dragon in a particular language? It's certainly not the most common usage in English (though yes, I have occasionally heard it for dragons "dragon" is more popular for them). And drake is a duck in English, and that is the most common usage. Fits the bird theme. Also, and more importantly, it's Tim's last name, which makes it really dumb as a code name. I dislike "Troia", too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    If Jason was there, he'd just put a bullet in both Thomas and Bane and be done with it all at this point.
    A reminder that Jason jobbed hard to Bane in "I am Bane" (along with Dick and Damian). Jason being in this issue wouldn't have made any difference.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Unfortunately, it's just moments with Bruce. There are years at a time where he's emotionally abusive. It's piling up on some other characters, too, but not as badly as on Bruce.

Is drake dragon in a particular language? It's certainly not the most common usage in English (though yes, I have occasionally heard it for dragons "dragon" is more popular for them). And drake is a duck in English, and that is the most common usage. Fits the bird theme. Also, and more importantly, it's Tim's last name, which makes it really dumb as a code name. I dislike "Troia", too.
    Drake was an old english word for dragon in the British Isles. Its a bit old fashioned now though.

I'm a big fan of King's Batman but this issue was my least favorite of his run. Glad JR JR's time is over and hoping for much better tidings from the last 4 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    As far as I can recall, it's an specific kind of European dragon. Central European, I think. But maybe it's from the isles, like @katana500 said, I'm not sure anymore.

Sadly I doubt anyone will think of Dragon's when they think of Tim. At least Duck's are slightly cooler than Pigeon or Seagull