Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Unfortunately, it's just moments with Bruce. There are years at a time where he's emotionally abusive. It's piling up on some other characters, too, but not as badly as on Bruce.

Is drake dragon in a particular language? It's certainly not the most common usage in English (though yes, I have occasionally heard it for dragons "dragon" is more popular for them). And drake is a duck in English, and that is the most common usage. Fits the bird theme. Also, and more importantly, it's Tim's last name, which makes it really dumb as a code name. I dislike "Troia", too.
    Bad takes are bad takes, and every character has them. Now we shouldn’t over look or ignore them, but we sure as hell shouldn’t use them as a foundation for an over view for who the character is because these characterizations fly in the face of years and years of the character being written correctly and not being written poorly for situational drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'd swap Barbara and Kate. Kate would likely have voted against for Julia's sake.
    Nope, I disagree, telling the truth (within reason) is part of Kate's code.

In 'Tec she was the one suggesting the family get counselling, and that Bruce take the time to grieve (at the time another family member was thought to be deceased).

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Luckily, 'Drake' is also another word for dragon.
    "It's one of the most dangerous birds."

DrakeCodename.jpg

All-New Member

I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised at the bat family jobbing when King's run literally had Catwoman beating three Flashes at once, Gotham soloing the Justice League, and Gotham Girl manhandling Captain Atom. And now it turns out that that Gotham siblings did all that by just using venom lol. Just be thankful that Dick was Ric so he didn't have to join in on the jobfest.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm a big fan of King's Batman but this issue was my least favorite of his run. Glad JR JR's time is over and hoping for much better tidings from the last 4 issues.
    Really? I'm very curious about why least? This isn't my favorite, by any means, but I had a pretty good time.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Nope, I disagree, telling the truth (within reason) is part of Kate's code.

In 'Tec she was the one suggesting the family get counselling, and that Bruce take the time to grieve (at the time another family member was thought to be deceased).
    That's why I said she'd do it for Julia's sake.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If Jason was there, he'd be on Bane's side.
    Bane killed Alfie. Bane is only leaving in a pine box after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Jason would probably shoot everybody and take over Gotham in the name of Perpetua, Leviathan and the Three Jokers and then con them into thinking that he is actually serving only one party and is going to betray the other two.
    He'd usurp Perpetua, cripple Leviathan from within, and bury the Jokers. Alive. In the same box. And pour cement over it. Bury it under a collapsed building. Bury the building. And then transport it all to the Phantom Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bane killed Alfie. Bane is only leaving in a pine box after that.

He'd usurp Perpetua, cripple Leviathan from within, and bury the Jokers. Alive. In the same box. And pour cement over it. Bury it under a collapsed building. Bury the building. And then transport it all to the Phantom Zone.
    Ah, yes, definitely I agree with both.

Every time King pulls out these twists, it not only doesn’t add anything for me, but also seemingly always retroactively undermines or destroys the things that I did like about his run. In 50, 72(?) and now 81.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised at the bat family jobbing when King's run literally had Catwoman beating three Flashes at once, Gotham soloing the Justice League, and Gotham Girl manhandling Captain Atom. And now it turns out that that Gotham siblings did all that by just using venom lol. Just be thankful that Dick was Ric so he didn't have to join in on the jobfest.
    I don't think anyone is suprised, in fact we expected it after seeing the preview. Doesn't make it any less stupid though.

Just to clear up something here, I would take a page of jobbing over more then a year and counting of Ric. Come on now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-16-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    No it really isn’t Ooc moments don’t make a character if it did then everyone in the bat family would be massive pieces of **** including your favorite. What I do find annoying is how the families out of character moments are hand waved,ignored or called out for being ooc but Bruce’s are harped on.
    My favourite is Damian. He is the worst piece of **** and fandom rides him hard.
    OCC moments do happen but this pattern of hitting has been repeated way too many times now that it can no longer be considered out of character. Just like the no killing, the perp time and lots more layers and quirks that the original creation has picked up and kept.

I disagree on the hand waving. This is the first time Bruce has been called out on this. Everyone always ignored it like it didn't never happened.

Because this is one of comics biggest character and the seriousness of the subject matter I feel it must not be it must be called out.

It tarnishes the character and warps the concept of Batman and his large family. The most positive aspect of Batman ruined as the quest to make the character darker.

Batman is an inspirational character. He should not be hitting his family. And when he does it no one complains instead they turned it into a meme. I mean the memes are everywhere.

It's a joke. At the very least King's writing might prompt the fans to stop, think and take it seriously.

That was a typo in my 1st comment I meant to say it's a part of who Bruce is now.

Did anyone read the 2017 Slate article on Tom King’s Batman run/listen to the Working podcast interview with him? https://slate.com/business/2017/09/h...king-work.html

“King claims that he rarely outlines, proceeding on the assumption that what he forgets wasn’t worth remembering in the first place.”

He actually says he doesn’t believe in outlines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    That's a general problem with King's run. Imagine what other writers could have accomplished with 85 (or 97 if you count Batman and Catwoman) issues.
    Grant Morrison made them all count, I LOVE his 2006-2013 Batman run.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    So...

Attachment 88358

Attachment 88359

Attachment 88361

What are we calling this?
    To be honest, the first and the third had immediate pay off. Batman revealed the tooth the Court had made for Dick to become a Talon later in life, and the third had him and Jason part on very bad terms immediately, a rift which is still far from healed.

The second, however, was the non-sense King wrote.