Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Man the Bat family is in a sad state. Really shows how poorly the current bat office has done these last 2 years. That whole moment just kind of falls flat for me as its just really apparent how random and unintimate that Bat Family has become.
    The Batfamily has the same problem it did during Snyder's run where they don't really feel close but just show up for generic group shots because they're expected to show up to these kinds of things.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The more I'm reading this preview the more it's kinda funny how we went from the most pathetic Bruce has ever been to him going right back into "Batgod" territory, with almost no break in between. Like...come on Bruce. Don't try to flex on Selina, you already got her. Just tell Tim you're sorry.

Then again, Bane's plans have been so impossibly perfect up until this point, I suppose Batgod was the only thing that could save the day.
    It's the same with Morrison. He said that Bruce was pretending to fall in love with Jezebel Jet thanks to Alfred's acting skill... no, he didn't. There's absolutely no hint that shows that he's pretending, and even if there is, why pretend to the point where he got poisoned and buried alive, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Isn't communication via fighting a nod to pre-52 Cassandra Cain? I mean that's how she was taught to communicate.
    Just got from Tumblr discussing this, and they said that's what David Cain taught her and it's viewed as bad, and Batman taught Cassandra not to use violence to communicate.

All in all, I've seen Tom King's story enough to know that he does plan these things, the plot points, the misdirection, and the reveal, he did similar things in Grayson where he wrote certain scenes and once the reveal happened they can be viewed in a different way... but they don't always land.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-14-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Batfamily has the same problem it did during Snyder's run where they don't really feel close but just show up for generic group shots because they're expected to show up to these kinds of things.
    Their not all close,
    Duke is building comraderie with cass
    Dick partner well with babs and Damian
    Batwoman is kinda a soloist but she adapts
    No one knows huntress

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I thought Batwoman was supposed to be off helping the Gotham City Monsters, and Cass and Duke would be busy with the Outsiders. Guess Bruce called them all in for a cameo, so they can get beat-up and look weak, assuming that's what happens.

And what happened to Spoiler? No one invited her? I'm not a huge Steph fan, but it bothers me when characters seemingly disappear without explanation. I know Luke and Harper retired, Jason is not happy with Bruce, and Azrael is with a different team - but what happened to Steph?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No one knows huntress
    That would be funny. "They're my family...except her, I don't know who she is." (j/k).
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-14-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

King is really testing my suspension of disbelief. Not only do I dislike the idea of Batman communicating with his boy sidekick through direct assault, but I really don't think it makes sense at all given the circumstance, and I also dislike the precedent it sets as a whole.

I'm not going to hinge the quality of this comic on that alone, but I really think it's one of those things that is going to make King's legacy on the character way worse off.

Honestly there are so many instances in King's run that make me wonder if he's just constantly parodying the "keikaku" concept.

I really doubt King wrote that as a response to fan outrage. The rest of the series will have to follow up on the fact that Bruce and the bat family were aware of Bane's plan and are coordinating the attack.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Nothing spells understanding Batman like "I trained my kids to read my fists hitting their face just right."

King continues to write the worst Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The more I'm reading this preview the more it's kinda funny how we went from the most pathetic Bruce has ever been to him going right back into "Batgod" territory, with almost no break in between. Like...come on Bruce. Don't try to flex on Selina, you already got her. Just tell Tim you're sorry.

Then again, Bane's plans have been so impossibly perfect up until this point, I suppose Batgod was the only thing that could save the day.
    When King pulled Bane's (impossible) masterplan out of his ass it was lame. This is just dumb. Looking back at the previous arc I don't feel like I was played, I simply feel like that this was an even bigger waste of everyones time than it already was.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nothing spells understanding Batman like "I trained my kids to read my fists hitting their face just right."

Imagine Bruce hitting them for real, but they think it's a message and start the super secret contingency plans to blow up the manor "because Bruce's punch told me to".

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Imagine Bruce hitting them for real, but they think it's a message and start the super secret contingency plans to blow up the manor "because Bruce's punch told me to".
    I actually LOLd at this, nice.

BANNED

I laughed out loud imagining the scenario where he is just beginning to train him in that form of communication
    Tim No! When I break your nose it means you have to go Defcon 4! When I only knock out a tooth it's go radio silent.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I really doubt King wrote that as a response to fan outrage. The rest of the series will have to follow up on the fact that Bruce and the bat family were aware of Bane's plan and are coordinating the attack.
    I think you're probably right. 10 issues of waiting (and losing all momentum) to find out it was a completely illogical conning of the audience that will be plot relevant in the remaining 5 issues. Like I said, I kinda think it's likely it's just a cheaty plot-device for drama with no consequence. Except there wasn't even much drama, so maybe it was just a cheaty plot device for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Hopefully King can also translate for us the meaning of these as well.

I'm guessing the last one means "I'm going to be late don't wait for me."

BANNED

It means things are not out of whack as can be deduced by the "Whack". In other words business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I actually LOLd at this, nice.
    As did I, nice indeed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."