Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nothing spells understanding Batman like "I trained my kids to read my fists hitting their face just right."

King continues to write the worst Batman.
    Worst excuse for child abuse and creating child soldiers ever, but I'd expect nothing less from King at this point. He continues to disappoint in every way imaginable.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-15-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well that excuse was dumb. Batman has been abusive for a while now don't try to make excuses just own it. The man hit his kids and employees. It's not the first time time an it's not the worst his beating he's given one of them.

I'm getting tried of king twisting his story and characters to pander to loud idiots only. He retconed his own story to when fans complained about Ivy and now he's retconed Batman as an adult that conditions his kids to accept that when he physically abuses them it's not wrong.

Communicating through violence! That they are trained to understand via regularly hitting them! Which means this man has been doing this since they were little. Poor Dick Grayson has been sparring with bruce since he was 8/9. This grown arse adult has been hitting that young kid all this time. How is this man allowed to still operate? Why has he not been raided by child services.

What is the difference between David Cain and Batman? Cain had one child victim. Batman has multiple, two died and he's still doing it.

King did say Batman Kills babies

Damian as usual has excellent words. I could read an entire comic of the kid owing Thomas and others. So like some speculated and Bruce gambled, Damian was indeed the line Thomas couldn't cross.

great to see the family. Not great to hear Damian call Alfred the Butler and the fact that Dick isn't part of the Action rescue squad.

How are they here anyway?

To be clear, I was mostly joking when I said this was a response to the backlash King got over Bruce hitting Tim. This level of dumb was definitely premeditated and not an on the fly decision xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    To be clear, I was mostly joking when I said this was a response to the backlash King got over Bruce hitting Tim. This level of dumb was definitely premeditated and not an on the fly decision xD
    Sadly I don't think so. I think this was in response to fans asking if that was going to be addressed. Batman has always hit his kids so King having him punch Tim was in character. i expect he didn't expect fans to kick back.

which I why exactly did they? Hit Dick it's okay. beat Jason to a pulp on the streets it's whatever. Punch Tim and all hell breaks loose. WTF. I guess Dick and Jason are chopped liver and deserve every thing.

If this new reveal about batman conditioning minors to recieve abuse was planned and premeditated then i have to wonder just how much of a messed up bad guy does King see batman as.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "Would you be so kind and fetch me my newspaper, pretty please ?"

"Remember to tell happy Birthday to Alfred, please."

I'm guessing the last one means "I'm going to be late don't wait for me."
    It's more of a "I need you to take a large turn around this place to attack the goons from the back" I think, but i do often conflate it with "I'm going to be late don't wait for me." indeed.

Also, as a side note, King makes me eager to have Bruce replaced. His version is such an absolute ******* and all around terrible human being that i don't think he deserves to be Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Sadly I don't think so. I think this was in response to fans asking if that was going to be addressed. Batman has always hit his kids so King having him punch Tim was in character. i expect he didn't expect fans to kick back.

which I why exactly did they? Hit Dick it's okay. beat Jason to a pulp on the streets it's whatever. Punch Tim and all hell breaks loose. WTF. I guess Dick and Jason are chopped liver and deserve every thing
    There was outrage when Bruce beat up Jason so badly he couldn't walk for a month. But it happened in Red Hood and the Outlaws not dc's flagship book. Also Bruce and Jason fighting wasn't new. Bruce hitting Tim, younger and less troublesome than Jason, for seemingly no reason however was new.
    As for Dick, I know enough fans who are still pissed about Bruce punching Dick whenever the writers want to create cheap drama. As with Jason, it has happened several times and mostly when Dick was already an adult.

I'm not a fan of Bruce punching his kids in the face in any context and would welcome it if writers found better ways to create tension, but that's my guess why there was such a strong reaction to issue 71 and not to the other times this has happened.

Also, as a side note, King makes me eager to have Bruce replaced. His version is such an absolute ******* and all around terrible human being that i don't think he deserves to be Batman.
    Ooh, conspiracy theory time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Their not all close,
    Duke is building comraderie with cass
    Dick partner well with babs and Damian
    Batwoman is kinda a soloist but she adapts
    No one knows huntress
    Batgirl knows her.

And Dick too, but he's not in this...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe King’s big change to Batman is people in universe acknowledge how abusive he is and actually do something about it for once.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hopefully King can also translate for us the meaning of these as well.

I'm guessing the last one means "I'm going to be late don't wait for me."
    That last one very much looks like "I asked for STRAWBERRY, this is CHOCOLAAAAATE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe King’s big change to Batman is people in universe acknowledge how abusive he is and actually do something about it for once.
    I think the run is an homage to the Eurythmics

Some of them want to abuse you
    Some of them want to be abuuusssed

Everyone in Batman's world falls into one of those two categories
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batgirl knows her.

exactly she is tied to dick from spyral, and then she ended up with batgirl in the birds of prey
    but she still feels like an outsider

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batgirl knows her.

Kate and Cass also know her from Batman & Robin Eternal and the "Manslaughter" arc of BatBoP.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Kate and Cass also know her from Batman & Robin Eternal and the "Manslaughter" arc of BatBoP.
    that feels more like acquaintances, work friends at the most, she doesnt feel part of the batfamly the way the OG Helena was

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    that feels more like acquaintances, work friends at the most, she doesnt feel part of the batfamly the way the OG Helena was
    That's the current Bat family in a nutshell IMO. There is a real lack intimacy between what they are calling "family" in that page.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-15-2019 at 04:04 PM.