Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Oh good. Maybe this time they'll be able to blend in the Wildstorm characters.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Is this even really a question? We've known a Crisis was coming since 2016 and the Rebirth special. You don't say "reality got f*cked and a decade of time was stolen" at DC and *not* spin that into a Crisis event.

Then with Snyder's JL, and all the Batman Who Laughs crap, and Superman Reborn, and Metal and Doomsday Clock and probably six or eight other books I'm forgetting.....oh, the New Age of Heroes line too, there was a lot of Crisis foreshadowing there (which is where Tempus Fuginaught came from). And that new timeline just reeks of "this is our new continuity after the next reboot."

It's been less a question of "if" a Crisis is coming and more a question of how long we'll have to put up with DC getting to it, and how badly they'll screw themselves up afterwards.

Is it official yet? I suppose not technically, though this is the first time (I think?) the name has been used. But we've known this was the endgame for three years.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Look: CRISIS crossovers at DCs are like turkeys on the table on Thanksgiving and decorated trees on Christmas in the U.S. Expect them.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

The next Crisis will change Earth Zero.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Maybe they should do something different this time. Like make everyone dogs or something. The thing about a multiverse is that it doesn't matter if you're not going to use it for something. Take something like Earth 38. It seems like the ultimate DCU. You've got a GA, a SA, a modern age and everything in between. You could build an entire line just off of it. Yet we barely ever see it. But we have a mainstream universe that has a history nobody can figure out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Maybe they should do something different this time. Like make everyone dogs or something. The thing about a multiverse is that it doesn't matter if you're not going to use it for something. Take something like Earth 38. It seems like the ultimate DCU. You've got a GA, a SA, a modern age and everything in between. You could build an entire line just off of it. Yet we barely ever see it. But we have a mainstream universe that has a history nobody can figure out.
    It does seem as though the new DC timeline, if its implemented, will result in something similar.

Fantastic Member

If there is a Crisis it basically going to be like Zero Hour mostly everything stays the same. Some continuity things are fixed and something gets more confusing like maybe we will get 6 Hawkmen again. That was fun

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

More fuel to the fire, Snyder says he is leaving justice league to continue what started in Metal and continued in justice league. Very likely he is talking CRISIS https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...34521438322688

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    If there is a Crisis it basically going to be like Zero Hour mostly everything stays the same. Some continuity things are fixed and something gets more confusing like maybe we will get 6 Hawkmen again. That was fun
    I don't think a Crisis now can make things any worse. Continuity seems to fluctuate from title to title. Could it possibly get worse? Well, yeah. But I truly think the goal of DC is to "fix" continuity. Whether or not they succeed we will need to wait to see.

Fantastic Member

We keep using what Snyder doing in Justice League as evidence for a Crisis but... Metal wasn't a Crisis. If he is continuing doing a Crisis why remove everything he just did. He literally just brought back the JSA and included the new Teen Titans team in the art in his book. He didn't have to do this, maybe Snyder just means connecting the DC Universe together again. Like have the JSA and the Justice League having Thanksgiving dinner together again and the Justice League and Teen Titans interacting together. Basically, not having these books being off in their own separate universes. Not every major storyline is leading to a reboot or crisis.

I get the industry sets us up to think this way but, I really see no evidence of a Crisis especially after Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    We keep using what Snyder doing in Justice League as evidence for a Crisis but... Metal wasn't a Crisis. If he is continuing doing a Crisis why remove everything he just did. He literally just brought back the JSA and included the new Teen Titans team in the art in his book. He didn't have to do this, maybe Snyder just means connecting the DC Universe together again. Like have the JSA and the Justice League having Thanksgiving dinner together again and the Justice League and Teen Titans interacting together. Basically, not having these books being off in their own separate universes. Not every major storyline is leading to a reboot or crisis.

I get the industry sets us up to think this way but, I really see no evidence of a Crisis especially after Rebirth.
    Actually Metal is officially considered a crisis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Actually Metal is officially considered a crisis.
    Okay, what is defined as a Crisis? Because when I think of a Crisis it can come in two forms either it's like Crisis on Infinite Earths which is a reboot crisis or it's in the form of Metal or Infinite Crisis. These Crisises have a large event that brings back and maybe fixes some issues with continuity involving the entire DC Universe. If Snyder is doing any sort of Crisis I imagine it will take the second form.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 10-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Final-er Crisis?
    Crisis: Last Blood.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we just had a crisis
    I think - from what interviews I read - King initially wanted to call HiC Sanctuary. If that's the case, I imagine that a similar situation occurred like it did for Dark Knights: Metal. Editorial really pushed for that to be called Dark Crisis. Snyder and Capullo refused to budge on the matter. Ultimately they got their way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think - from what interviews I read - King initially wanted to call HiC Sanctuary. If that's the case, I imagine that a similar situation occurred like it did for Dark Knights: Metal. Editorial really pushed for that to be called Dark Crisis. Snyder and Capullo refused to budge on the matter. Ultimately they got their way.
    That said, the name DARK CRISIS isn't exactly out of the question for what Crisis 2020 gets named. There's been a few things thrown around. Hyper-Crisis or Crisis in Hypertime ... Multi-Crisis ... yadda. Name-drops in the more cosmically minded writers' works.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com