Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Sooner or latter Bendis is going to do a big Crisis event book. It is going to happen just because that is who Bendis is.

“A Crisis of Confidence”
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    “A Crisis of Confidence”
    The best play on the phrase yet, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Okay, now answering the question from the post honestly, NO, they haven't, but yes, THEY WILL at some point. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Higgins, the writer who did the pages shown at the start of the post
    CBR: My first question for you is about something right towards the start of this issue in the exclusive preview that we ran. Tempus Fuginaut, who's heavily involved with Flash Forward teases a new Crisis. What can you tell me about that and how it fits into these one-shots?

Kyle Higgins: I really kind of started my career at DC. I started at Marvel, but my big breaks came at DC, and those were in conjunction with Scott Snyder, working on Gates of Gotham. And then I transitioned for the New 52 to Nightwing and Scott transitioned to Batman. Anyone who remembers that era probably would remember that we often interlinked arcs. So there's a natural fit here as to why he and I decided to do this initial one-shot to kick off all the Dark Multiverse one-shots that are forthcoming.

And that particular point that you just keyed on about the tease of a new Crisis, perhaps the biggest yet, is absolutely a component of that... I can't say anything specific about it, but what I can say is that it's there for a reason, and it's not a coincidence that Scott and I did this issue together.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member

we just had a crisis

I just hope set up for this Crisis doesn't detract from these Tales of the Dark Multiverse books too much, I've really been looking forward to The Death of Superman one with Eradicator Lois Lane. As long as that feels like a full and complete one shot elseworlds type tale I'll be good.

I mostly stick to the non-continuity stuff anyways outside like origin retellings and the like, so hopefully the Black Label titles will be good. For everyone stuck with the 5G scheme and Infinite Crisis on Even More Infinite Crises, well, good luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, what's the point of following the main DC continuity if they are always changing it? DC needs to stop these continuity reset events ASAP, IMO.
    For sales boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    we just had a crisis
    More like we're in the middle of a crisis right now.

Spectacular Member

Crisis of Infinite Derps

Fantastic Member

Batman to Superman "Clark' we're facing another crisis!" Superman' s response CENSORED

Sounds like the 80's all over

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post

Ah. Crisis.
    I like how the art focused on the then-popular titles, with at least one member of each of DC's teams. And the Baxter teams front and center.
    Cyborg for Titans, Geo-Force for Outsiders, Dawnstar for Legion, Obsidian for Infinity Inc., Firebrand for All-Star Squadron, Superman for the JSA, Firestorm for the JLA, John Stewart for the Green Lantern Corps.
    The DC Universe had so much more variety in teams back then.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post

If only they had known how overused that title would end up being...

Perpetual Crisis

Nah, honestly I really think they'll use Dark this time.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The Dark Multiverse started as an interesting concept but was ruined with the idea that it's just a "bad" version of the normal multiverse. Couldn't they have just gone a Cthuhlu route? Now we're getting a whole crisis based on Earth 3--I mean "the dark multiverse".