Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Good news about Jean. Is Hickman implying she was reset to around the end of the dark phoenix saga? ��

Hopefully the new take on a newer costume except in gold and green is All new X-Men, Morrison new X-Men, or Kubert’s Revolution!!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Nice set of questions answered. Nice he mentions Penance & Archangel, and says that some tweaking went on with those two. Hopefully it'll be fully explained in the pages of his X-Men run, and soon. lol

I liked him mentioning how boring the Wolverine / Adamantium question is. I saw so much of that, it was annoying. Hell half the time, writers will write him like he doesn't have it anyway. Like Rucka having his neck broken by a bullet. lol

This was a great X-men Monday! I think a good X-men Monday should give us teases and things to speculate about. Hickman has me very excited for Dawn of X. He has set up so many story possibilities. I look forward to all the story potential with resurrections. I also look forward to a Moira related book.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I will say this is the most interesting X-Men Monday I've ever read.
    Yeah, he just announced three new books, though he didn't name them. I'm thinking they'll be called Moira X, Marvel Girl, and The Five?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    There are only really two other Green and Gold Jean outfits.

Both of which are amazing.

And make the marvel girl outfit look like the absolute trashfire that it is.
    Excuse me? After the dress, there was the green Phoenix costume, one of her X-Factor costumes, and teen Jean's second and final costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I think HickMan meant the Phoenix costume! Think about it!! Green Phoenix Costume is Gold and Green as it should in contrast to Red Phoenix Costume of Dark Phoenix! Also he openly referenced the DPS/PS!!
    No, it's a newer one recoloured to green and gold, so that means either 90s, New X-Men, or X-Men Red. Anything that was green and gold originally can be ruled out.
    And to answer the other part of your question directly, Dauterman is actually doing some Jean stuff now and she’s wearing a version of one of her newer suits (but colored green and gold, as all Jean costumes should be).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So...that is a Jean regressed to a weaker mindset? To just before the very end of DPS?

But every here was so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    So...that is a Jean regressed to a weaker mindset? To just before the very end of DPS?

But every here was so sure...
    No, the outfit invokes something, not her literal state of mind. We’ve already seen her reference events from Inferno and show off her prowess in HOX6 when she shut down Sabretooth.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think he's implying this Jean Grey has never gone Phoenix in the first place? Idk

I agree with his take on Cyke age being mid 30s and not late 20s (Cyke really should be more like early 40s if anything)

I also agree with butterflykyss that a lot of Hickman's responses come off as... well... if not "combative" certainly "provocative". Kinda arrogant? But I mean I guess that's the ego a creative needs

As for a Moira solo that's something many people wanted ever since HoX#2 but if it does happen that would seem to put the kabosh on her as a "villain" in all this so hmmmm
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No, the outfit invokes something, not her literal state of mind. We’ve already seen her reference events from Inferno and show off her prowess in HOX6 when she shut down Sabretooth.
    Yes, but God forbid there is any positive aspect to anything Hickman does to Jean, since he supposedly hates her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "It’s my argument–and argument that I’ll win–that those scenes (where the characters were) will have more power if presented in juxtaposition to later scenes (where the characters are now).

I would expect some of that, but only when the time is right."

I love this too. We don't have to go back and see the reunions from the past but can see them mixed in with what is currently going on. Well said.
    I think the way he puts it is far more organic than just putting those scenes for the sake of catching up. It's nice to know that they'll come up when they can be relevant to the story being told. The flashback with Emma made sense due to the purpose of introducing her role in Krakoa. The rest would be more to fill in the blanks than anything else.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Part of me thinks the Marvel Girl costume is just a back to basics thing for Jean, and that with the new status quo, she's wearing something she wore at the beginning of the X-Men, to coincide with the beginning of Krakoa.

Though time will tell what's really going on. Loved the interview!
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-14-2019 at 05:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think the quote from her moment with Storm could be explained as something she's just likely to say when her identity is questioned and I don't know why putting down Sabretooth would be a big deal but I've just remembered that I'm probably wrong here for another reason:

That beer sharing olive branch to Emma wouldn't mean anything to a pre-2000s Jean.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think the quote from her moment with Storm could be explained as something she's just likely to say when her identity is questioned and I don't know why putting down Sabretooth would be a big deal but I've just remembered that I'm probably wrong here for another reason:

That beer sharing olive branch to Emma wouldn't mean anything to a pre-2000s Jean.
    It's not. It was a bigger deal back in the 90's when he was dangerous. Putting down the current version isn't a feat. That's Wednesday. lol

She needs some better feats than that. lol Which she may get in X-Force. We've been told a few times her outfit change does have a purpose, and we have Hickman commenting about the tweaks and possibilities of mutants getting earlier versions of themselves revived. So anyone who seems particularly off or different is liable to have an arc on it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-14-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

He's a great interview!! Scott is def 35. I laughed at the soul answer, but now I'm curious about Nightcrawler and Apocalypse.

I have to say I agree more with JDW than Hickman on the X-men ages. I see Scott and Jean somewhere in the mid-20's to early 30's and that is how they stay lol I just can't see Scott as this warrior when he's an old man. Before I offend anyone I am 37 and things are starting to not be as easy as they once were due to aching joints. It is what it is.

I see Scott, Jean, Ororo in their prime and now that they have been regrown I'm sure they are there despite their "mental"/ "mind" age.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    The list of Omega Level mutants is complete and set in stone. Anyone who isn’t on the list isn’t one, and there won’t be any new Omega Level characters created for quite some time. There are way too many overcooked characters as is right now.
    It will never be complete so long as Santa Claus is not on it! Never!