Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Thing is even good people like the grey family can have their convictions broken by relentless persecution. Rachel's grandmother wished she and Jean were never born and inflicted upon them when her family was slaughtered by the Shower death commandos. It's not difficult to imagine the same scenario occurring eventually with mutants with their families disowning them rather than risk their whole lives getting ruined/lost due to the anti mutant prejudice.
    End of Grey was so dumb but you have to read the context. Jean's mother said that when the shiar were killing all the greys. She never showed anything againts Jean being a mutant before.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

This is why I'm drawn to alternate history. Our canon sucks.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier doesn't? he seems to be into it as much as Magneto.

mutants still out there for extinticion for human race and being the next step of evolution

The 616 human race isn’t going extinct. It is evolving. And murdering its children to prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    And how do mutants intend to become the dominant race on Earth?

They are going to make love and make more mutants. The best part is you can have sex with humans too and there is around a 75% chance that all children will be mutants because of the presence of recessive X-Gene in humans.

Orchis even postulated that the majority population on Earth will be mutants in 20 years simply by mutant children being born to humans. Mutants don't need to do anything other than survive and protect themselves, and work to stop the rise of the machine/Sentinel hierarchy, that's it. Since mutants come from humans, and humans are going to keep having kids, eventually there will be more mutants than humans. All the mutants have to do is stop the humans from being able to commit genocide on them and keep everyone busy having lots of kids.
    That i snot how recessive genes work. It is clearly minority new borns, even Mistique and creed had a human son.
    Yo assert dominance you have to go for war

That i snot how recessive genes work. It is clearly minority new borns, even Mistique and creed had a human son.
    Yo assert dominance you have to go for war
    Ah, but they have actually stated that the X-Gene is becoming more prevalent in each subsequent generation. It's resulting in an exponential increase in the incidence of mutant births from humans which will reach a critical mass in 20 years where 50% of the population on Earth will be mutants.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Oooh, AipT! has posted a review by David Brooke of X-Men #1. Have at it, gang!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Ah, but they have actually stated that the X-Gene is becoming more prevalent in each subsequent generation. It's resulting in an exponential increase in the incidence of mutant births from humans which will reach a critical mass in 20 years where 50% of the population on Earth will be mutants.
    If it is a recessive gene, it needs all genes to be recessive. It can't be more prevalent, it all needs a non recessive gene for it not work. And when we generate our seeds, it got for generations back to get DNA material

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    End of Grey was so dumb but you have to read the context. Jean's mother said that when the shiar were killing all the greys. She never showed anything againts Jean being a mutant before.
    No, It was directly related to her being a mutant as the Phoenix would have never chosen her if she was just a normal person so ultimately her grandmother was cursing the day a mutant was born in her home and anyway I was saying that the same scenario can occur with other mutants who could end up being disowned by their families rather than risk getting into the cross hairs of the purifiers, the sentinels and the others who don't even need any reason of genocide for striking preemptively.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    This is why I'm drawn to alternate history. Our canon sucks.
    You can go and write fanfiction if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Good news about Jean. Is Hickman implying she was reset to around the end of the dark phoenix saga? ��
    Jean most likely is backed up to the point before the team goes on the shuttle mission in UXM#98.

That's the last moment that Jean Grey existed on Earth for Sinister to sample her, while also being incontrovertibly herself, and not some Phoenix-host-body.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oooh, AipT! has posted a review by David Brooke of X-Men #1. Have at it, gang!
    I wasn't as excited for this book as I was for Marauders and New Mutants but...as of yesterday's HiX-Man interview, I'm like...Wednesday get here already!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I am not a Jean expert but it seems pretty clear Hickman was not referring to the Dark Phoenix Saga because that was one of the first things people mentioned when they saw her in the green minidress and he is talking about something everyone missed. She has to have worn it since.

Come on costume experts. Someone must know when she put it on again last time.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-15-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

I wish we could just hear Hickman talk about fonts all day. Seriously, fonts are so interesting and I wish we could see some of the pages with different fonts. I'm sure someone has them backed up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not a Jean expert but it seems pretty clear Hickman was not referring to the Dark Phoenix Saga because that was one of the first things people mentioned when they saw it and he is talking about something everyone missed. She has to have worn it since.

Come on costume experts. Someone must know when she put it on again last time.
    Last time she worn it was on the end of Phoenix Ressurrection, after she denied phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That was to further destroy anything about Jean

Last time she worn it was on the end of Phoenix Ressurrection, after she denied phoenix
    Are you absolutely sure she wore that one? And that she never wore it again?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.