Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Nothing good about being an a-hole..
    And nothing sneaky about flat out calling people stupid..

He doesn't need to tell me..this kind of pompous arrogance is expected from a guy who feels the need to call his own ideas clever..if you need to go around telling people how smart you are..well..it doesn't mean anything good..

Arrogance, pomposity, conceit, condescension, petulance..these are not good things
    Call the police!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm going to assume he didn't choose any questions pertaining to Xavier's new TK powers as that would give away an incoming story plot.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I honestly can't think of a moment outside Hidden Years where someone brought back the green mini dress.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I honestly can't think of a moment outside Hidden Years where someone brought back the green mini dress.
    Teen Jean wore the green minidress in Beast’s mindscape because that was his favourite outfit.

I think maybe he just meant that, Jean did it for the same reasons she did in the Dark Phoenix saga. "I'm not sure. Nostalgia? Pride? I started as Marvel Girl, and that's how I'll finish."
    Last edited by Wiccan; 10-15-2019 at 10:26 AM.

She last wore the dress in Phoenix Ressurection. She doesn't want to wash it because the dress smells of her parents.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-15-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She last wore the dress in Phoenix Ressurection. She doesn't want to wash it because the dress smells of her parents.
    She threw it away on the first chance she got lOL

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't the second X-Factor costume just a red recolour of the first one? The All-New X-Men costume already contains some green and is highly unlikely to be used considering it belonged to the time displaced version. As for Revolution, I don't even know what that is.
    Her last X-Factor costume wasnt

The ANX costume had green but it wasnt a green/gold color scheme so its fair game. Jean and her teen counterpart are the same character so the look belongs to her. I recolored it and it makes it feel different enough that I could see adult wearing it

As for Revolution, its this

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She threw it away on the first chance she got lOL
    She didn't. X-Men Red Annual
    Attached Images Attached Images

She didn't. X-Men Red Annual
    The Annual literally picks up exactly where PR ended. Probably a few hours passed by the end of the issue and she hasnt worn the costume until HoX #1

But the problem with that is it isn't real and she didn't 'put it on'. She simply cycled through her memories back to that one.

I mean she could have been thinking of her parents, but that doesn't feel too relevant to this story.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-15-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    But the problem with that is it isn't real and she didn't 'put it on'. She simply cycled through her memories back to that one.
    She is shown wearing the costume in the X-Men Annual Red where she spends a whole day in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Annual literally picks up exactly where PR ended. Probably a few hours passed by the end of the issue and she hasnt worn the costume until HoX #1
    She gets several opportunities to change. She even visits Laura apartment. But she stays the whole day in her marvel costume.

She attends the mansion to talk to Rachel as well

The annual starts immediately after PR. She just kinda went around wearing it because it's what she had on.

She is shown wearing the costume in the X-Men Annual Red where she spends a whole day in it.

She gets several opportunities to change. She even visits Laura apartment. But she stays the whole day in her marvel costume.

She attends the mansion to talk to Rachel as well
    She was dead; she didnt have any of her own clothes anymore and changing or shopping wasnt a priority as she was too busy playing catch up in those hours immediately following PR #5. She left it on bc thats what she was wearing and changed it at the end of the day and never put it back on until the Hickman minis

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Great Q&A. I enjoy Hickman's directness and swatting of boringness/hate, but still giving a lot of meat to his answers.

Could mean over-used, or over-powered.

I think it's over-powered in this case, because--if you notice--he's normalizing everyone's powers. A good example of this is Jean Grey at the Orchis base. (Communicating at that distance is still very impressive, but there was a subset of Jean fans who were up in arms about this.)

If you have a bunch of god-like people rampaging around, it's boring and brash. An embarrassment of riches. Yeah, Storm has "harnessed the power of a galactic core" (which is nonsense), but know what's cooler than Jean or Storm just floating through everything and dismantling their challenges at a molecular level, or whatever? Having limitations. Having to work with their team. Having to use finesse and having moments under pressure.

So, he wants a hard-cap on who can be a threat at that level, and even then there are still high costs. (See: Proteus)
    I agree. Storm and Jean are two of my favorites but the way their stans go on about them needing to be all-powerful, all the time is like...how boring is that?