Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    All roads lead to Krakoa for mutants, Sirs and Madams.There is nothing wrong with your child. Do not attempt to adjust your parenting. We are taking control of all your worries. If We wish to raise them faster we will do so. If We wish to raise them normally,we will do so. We will control the horizontal growth. We will control the vertical growth. You child is about to participate in a great mutant experience. WE ARE ALL MUTANTS!!!!!
    Parents: Don't call us we will call you.
    *Flee*
    OOC PARENTS: But we're not like those idiots that drove you out! We're happy for our mutant kid and we'll keep him safe from the haters with our lives - *TP whammy* - it's just too bad that we've been trying for years to have a kid. No such luck. What's this empty bedroom? It looks like a bed used to be here...

*TP conditioning to mutant child* You were born in Krakoa. You have ALWAYS lived in Krakoa. Mutants only give birth to mutants. These are your parents.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    OOC PARENTS: But we're not like those idiots that drove you out! We're happy for our mutant kid and we'll keep him safe from the haters with our lives - *TP whammy* - it's just too bad that we've been trying for years to have a kid. No such luck. What's this empty bedroom? It looks like a bed used to be here...

*TP conditioning to mutant child* You were born in Krakoa. You have ALWAYS lived in Krakoa. Mutants only give birth to mutants. These are your parents.
    Lol. Good one.

And the fact that nobody is disturbed by that implication is one of the major reasons the X-forums here creep me out at times. It drives me back to alternatehistory.com where I try and fail to conceptualize a recent-history timeline where Marvel Comics never takes the X-Men in this direction.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When and how did she die before?

You ignored the X-Factor costumes and X-men Revolution, not to mention All New X-men
    Wasn't the second X-Factor costume just a red recolour of the first one? The All-New X-Men costume already contains some green and is highly unlikely to be used considering it belonged to the time displaced version. As for Revolution, I don't even know what that is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I love the idea of communal child raising give me a kids book with that set up.

And the fact that nobody is disturbed by that implication is one of the major reasons the X-forums here creep me out at times. It drives me back to alternatehistory.com where I try and fail to conceptualize a recent-history timeline where Marvel Comics never takes the X-Men in this direction.
    Are massive invasive mind control or X-Men Gold really my only two options here?

We know there are mutants and mutant children who don't go to Krakoa

You may not send your son to Krakoa. But you have to keep in mind that your son has a gigantic target for all Reavers, Purifers, ORCHID and others out there. In practice it is Mansion X but bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

You may not send your son to Krakoa. But you have to keep in mind that your son has a gigantic target for all Reavers, Purifers, ORCHID and others out there. In practice it is Mansion X but bigger.
    The threat. The threat. It's always the threat. Spout that sentiment and you rob them of all choice but give up the kids and have them carted to Krakoa. I had no idea the Earth is a world in the Eye of Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Are massive invasive mind control or X-Men Gold really my only two options here?
    It was the film rights tug-of-war that sowed the seeds for this tripe.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 10-15-2019 at 04:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Not to mention theres no guarantee human parents have their mutant children best interests at heart.

The threat. The threat. It's always the threat. Spout that sentiment and you rob them of all choice but give up the kids and have them carted to Krakoa. I had no idea the Earth is a world in the Eye of Terror.

It was the film rights tug-of-war that sowed the seeds for this tripe.
    Well, if humans cared more to ensure a world in which their mutant children were not in danger 24/7 then the X-Men would not have needed to found Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Agreed. His responses didn't come across as condescending to me; he even came right out and admitted that some of the issues readers had noticed were straight-up mistakes or compromises on the creative end of things. I didn't read him as talking down as much as being very blunt about approaching the Q&A with a writer's priorities - craft-wise and business-wise. I think a good bit of the upset is that he's being a lot more straight forward about the fact that fan priorities involving the minutiae of storytelling usually aren't going to be high priority for a writer, especially not one who's doing the broad strokes of world-building in the first chapters of a story. The fact that some of the questions seem to boil down to "Hey, didn't you think about this very obvious thing before you wrote it into your story? Why wasn't it covered?" probably didn't help with his not being inclined to softshoe matters.

Anyway. I loved this bit of the "make more mutants" answer:

Found family themes do it for me every damn time.
    Yes, yes and YES.
    He admitted errors. He dismissed nonsense. He answered directly. He consolidated when and where he could. I'm into it.
    And 100% yes to Found Family themes.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not to mention theres no guarantee human parents have their mutant children best interests at heart.
    You really think Marvel humans are uniformly predisposed to be that way, with an absolute ZERO deviance? I hate this. I HATE THIS! Like your username says, TUCK!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT STANCE!

BANNED

You really think Marvel humans are uniformly predisposed to be that way, with an absolute ZERO deviance? I hate this. I HATE THIS! Like your username says, TUCK!!!
    There's no indication that this is less than the majority of Marvel humans, particularly based on recent history, where parents were taking their children to be vaccinated against the mutant gene.

You might call it bad writing or whatever, but it's been established for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There's no indication that this is less than the majority of Marvel humans, particularly based on recent history, where parents were taking their children to be vaccinated against the mutant gene.

Yeah.
    Also, some parents suck. Some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Opinions like that make me wish I could be mind-wiped into never hearing about the "X-Men" franchise because of status quos like this, and the fact that I FEEL like their readership/fandom has toxic opinions. Kirby was right; comic books break hearts. I can feel mine doing so.