Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Phoenix was Jean, Jean was not the Phoenix. The Xerox Copy is the definitive explanation at this point in time and has not been undone.

See above.

And Hickman is one for continuity.
    Hickman isn't for continuity for sure. he does the continuity that he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Given what Hickman's stance on clones are in HoX, Phoenix clone most definitely was Jean
    No as Jean herself says that wasn't her, she was an onlooker like us. It was a part of her soul not her full soul. And even PhoenixStudies will attest to this.
    That sliver of her soul went to Madelyne and then back to Jean
    This is to absolve Jean of the genocide of the D'Bari. The only blame Jean took was that she set the events in motion by making the deal with the Phoenix Force similar to Wanda who set the events in motion by seeking out the life force
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-15-2019 at 11:26 AM.

No as Jean herself says that wasn't her, she was an onlooker like us. It was a part of her soul not her full soul. And even PhoenixStudies will attest to this.

This is to absolve Jean of the genocide of the D'Bari. The only blame Jean took was that she set the events in motion by making the deal with the Phoenix Force similar to Wanda who set the events in motion by seeking out the life force
    You didnt even bother to acknowledge my last line which was the basis for this discussion anyway

BANNED

Phoenix had a piece of Jean's soul that then sparked life into Maddie before returning to Jean in Inferno. Theres plenty of ways to interpret DPS especially with all the subsequent retcons but given the context I find it obvious thats what Hickman meant. Especially given he expected fans to pick up on it which makes little sense when talking abt any other story.

You didnt even bother to acknowledge my last line which was the basis for this discussion anyway
    You edited your post so I didn't see it. Regardless what about the DPS is relevant other then her dying in space?

Shes probably getting an updated one in X-Force soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Phoenix had a piece of Jean's soul that then sparked life into Maddie before returning to Jean in Inferno. Theres plenty of ways to interpret DPS especially with all the subsequent retcons but given the context I find it obvious thats what Hickman meant. Especially given he expected fans to pick up on it which makes little sense when talking abt any other story.
    Exactly. This is whats most relevant to what he is currently written and his re-conceptualization of clones and the original body/person

You edited your post so I didn't see it. Regardless what about the DPS is relevant other then her dying in space?
    You honestly dont know why DPS is relevant and important? Its only regarded by many as one of the best if not best X-men (and Jean) storyline. Jean wearing the MG in that is significant in a way that no other return of that look has ever been. Not even close

Its also relevant bc it was later revealed that she was cloned and a portion of her soul and all her memories were transplanted into said clone. This is a concept that Hickman is currently playing with as a version of this has happened again with her
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-15-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    But we did pick up on that, and he is still saying we didn’t. It’s obvious that isn’t the reason he is wondering why we all missed it.

The closest we have at the moment is she was thinking about her parents and it was a reference to PR, but that feels unsatisfying too.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    But we did pick up on that, and he is still saying we didn’t. It’s obvious that isn’t the reason he is wondering why we all missed it.

The closest we have at the moment is she was thinking about her parents and it was a reference to PR, but that feels unsatisfying too.
    He's admitted to lying about things in interviews. I dont think he'll reveal the reason behind the costume until it comes to print regardless of if people figure it out or not

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

Maybe sum posters speculated abt it but if they d figured it out they wouldnt have asked abt it in the first place.

Exactly. This is whats most relevant to what he is currently written and his re-conceptualization of clones and the original body/person

You honestly dont know why DPS is relevant and important? Its only regarded by many as one of the best if not best X-men (and Jean) storyline. Jean wearing the MG in that is significant in a way that no other return of that look has ever been. Not even close

Its also relevant bc it was later revealed that she was cloned and a portion of her soul and all her memories were transplanted into said clone. This is a concept that Hickman is currently playing with as a version of this has happened again with her
    Inferno have been referenced twice on HOXPOX. I think now we have something clear...

BANNED

Hickman was absolutely referring to Jean putting the uniform back on at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. That's literally the only choice given his commentary. I don't know how we're still debating this.

As for whether or not Jean was the Phoenix in the DPS, the 'official' retcon technically still stands about Jamaica Bay, etc. but in reality writers have been toying with it or hinting that it was the real Jean after all in some way, shape or form for decades. Not just Morrison, but many others have basically insinuated that it was Jean on the moon. (My take is that it was as well, but my take also is Xorn in Planet X was Magneto, and unlike the ambiguous softshoe that Marvel currently does in print re: Jean and the Phoenix, Xorneto is def not canon atm.)
    Last edited by powerpax; 10-15-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Hickman has such high status in comics right now that he doesn't need to hide what he thinks.

He's almost saying that readers asked a lot of stupid questions and he was disappointed. :lol:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Hickman has such high status in comics right now that he doesn't need to hide what he thinks.

He's almost saying that readers asked a lot of stupid questions and he was disappointed. :lol:
    Hickman, the Omega level human.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If that was the 'best' of the lot...imagine what level of inanities he had to wade through to get these questions. I would be terribly disappointed, too.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Not "almost."

And, he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If that was the 'best' of the lot...imagine what level of inanities he had to wade through to get these questions. I would be terribly disappointed, too.
    I went through that Q&A Twitter thread a couple days before his answers were published. It was pretty bad. Most of it was asking for spoilers.
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 10-15-2019 at 02:10 PM.