Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Don't phrase it like a challenge, please. I have a day job. My mind is already on the frix. Railing against the new status quo is consuming me, but I feel I can't stop like it's on some sunken cost fallacy or stuff.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Don't phrase it like a challenge, please. I have a day job. My mind is already on the frix. Railing against the new status quo is consuming me, but I feel I can't stop like it's on some sunken cost fallacy or stuff.
    Then that's good for you but the way you were phrasing it anyone would have mistakenly thought you can't help but let the issue affect you and were looking for some way of venting but anyway stay focused on the positive and don't let negativity drag you down.

The only positive I can cling to is the artwork. But I can't look at frames of Jean Grey and her eyes without thinking of the 180 in demeanor from Red to Krakoa, and that she thinks I'm dirt. And that despite her proposing the "Kill no humans" law, she might have included leeway for allowing human deaths by indirect action to slide (the 'can't kill you, but won't ensure your survival' attitude), the better to trim the flatscan population which, in conjunction with the drive to increase mutant population, will lead to the eventual outnumbering of sapiens.

I also worry that the "kill no humans" may not apply to human babies born of mutant sires in Krakoa, and that rather than be given to the outside world in return for all mutant babies/children being taken away from the world, they will instead be given to the populace to kill for the treason of being born human in Mutant-land. And the mutants need a channel for violent tendencies since the "law" keeps them from killing flatscans outside of home.

It's too late. I'm imaginatively broken and can't afford therapy.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

The only positive I can cling to is the artwork. But I can't look at frames of Jean Grey and her eyes without thinking of the 180 in demeanor from Red to Krakoa, and that she thinks I'm dirt. And that despite her proposing the "Kill no humans" law, she might have included leeway for allowing human deaths by indirect action to slide (the 'can't kill you, but won't ensure your survival' attitude), the better to trim the flatscan population which, in conjunction with the drive to increase mutant population, will lead to the eventual outnumbering of sapiens.

I also worry that the "kill no humans" may not apply to human babies born of mutant sires in Krakoa, and that rather than be given to the outside world in return for all mutant babies/children being taken away from the world, they will instead be given to the populace to kill for the treason of being born human in Mutant-land. And the mutants need a channel for violent tendencies since the "law" keeps them from killing flatscans outside of home.

What the hell have you been reading.

Only the comments from this board.

BANNED

Lol good luck with your imagination anyway and hope you can reign it in.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just like the rest of us.

aylmao.
    "Cable was right!"

Tip of the iceberg.

You never want to know what my mind thinks of with regards to imagining theoretical real-life controversial incidents that might stem from the HOX/POX/DOX saga which, however infinitesimally small, could make Marvel or its Disney overlords take notice and remark, "It's like the Asrar subliminal messages from Gold #1 but worse!" and then cut the 'isolationist godlier-than-thou blatantly non-human-acting' schitck short before it gains traction.

Hickman did say he crafted the story to divide the readership and force them into conflict. What if that went to the extreme?
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 10-15-2019 at 07:39 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can so see it.

Hickman "Hey, cyclops is like 35, right?"

JDW: "whoa, whoa, 35?! That's way too old Franklin is still only pre teen."

Hickman: "Frankin's not 20?"

JDW: "Sliding time scale, it slides based on needs, so scott would be like 28."

Hickman: "28? That makes no sense."

JDW:"Sliding timescale..."

Hickman: "Didn't bendis create a character named Tempus, that has time powers."

JDW: "Yeah she's a limbo, such a broken character. Why?"

Hickman: 'You'll see."

After convo Hickman twitter
    "X-MEN CANON IS A MESS!!!"

lol
    Superhero comics need to be more like Archie Comics (it was in the Silver Age) where **** just happens and you don't worry about continuity.

Tip of the iceberg.

You never want to know what my mind thinks of with regards to imagining theoretical real-life controversial incidents that might stem from the HOX/POX/DOX saga which, however infinitesimally small, could make Marvel or its Disney overlords take notice and remark, "It's like the Asrar subliminal messages from Gold #1 but worse!" and then cut the 'isolationist godlier-than-thou blatantly non-human-acting' schitck short before it gains traction.
    Invest in video games or something that's how I cope.
    "Cable was right!"

If that were indeed so, then I might stop stressing out like this. #KrakoaNeverMyXMen

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I have never been more certain in life than that Professor Carey is doing the Moira book.
    OMG!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease

BANNED

I can just imagine Emma calling Scott Scottykins when she has to break her date with him and go out with Namor.

Only the comments from this board.
    You are literally the only person I have seen here suggesting that the X-Men are going to suddenly be into infanticide, now that they have stopped catering to the whims of the overwhelmingly racist humans that have long populated the 616.

If anyone is going to start murdering babies over the Krakoa establishment, it’s the humans who shrug when murderbots slaughter children at malls, or when religious fanatics blow up school busses. It’s the humans of the 616 who REPEATEDLY take an active part in mutant genocide plots like The Cure. Or who hypocritically cheer and party when an alien toxin cloud sweeps through their city, forever mutating it’s people (the ones who don’t die in the process, that is), but panic and abandon their Children to wolves if puberty brings blue fur or feathers or glowing eyes.

I mean, there’s hot takes, and there’s ‘hot takes’...

It might be an impossibility, but if it happens...IF IT HAPPENS...IF the X-Men begin killing human babies born by mistake in Krakoa for being inconvenient to the mutant narrative.....will you deem it acceptable compared to the human attitude you harp about? Will you justify it as eye-for-eye? Will you support it and praise it? WILL YOU?

If this be 'Hot Takes,' the let it be HOT TAKES! I changed my signature for the sake of my sentiments.

It might be an impossibility, but if it happens...IF IT HAPPENS...IF the X-Men begin killing human babies born by mistake in Krakoa for being inconvenient to the mutant narrative.....will you deem it acceptable compared to the human attitude you harp about? Will you justify it as eye-for-eye? Will you support it and praise it? WILL YOU?

If this be 'Hot Takes,' the let it be HOT TAKES! I changed my signature for the sake of my sentiments.
    You know Jubilee's son Shogo is human and he is living on Krakoa and probably being babysat with the other kids by Exodus at the new daycare Exodus opened up.

I get it, you want the X-Men to be portrayed as racist as the genocidal humans they were forced to flee from. The human world got so oppressive and genocidal against mutants that their only option was to form a nation of their own where they could be safe from the constant threat of genocide.

If I had people trying to kill me all the time, I might put some restrictions on those same people being allowed to visit my island nation.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”