Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    They don’t exist. 616 humans are trash. It has been long established, and now they have to prove otherwise. Sorry, not sorry.
    If humanity is so trash, what is the logic at the end of the day in this series??

X-Men will never conquer or try to dominate Humanity.

Humanity will never be able to destroy the Mutants.

The status quo is god, but what is the final objective in this series?? what is the delusion of the ending that we will never get??

Like i said, people is buying this human hate too much, then a reconciliation of 20 minutes will happen and you have Iron Man kissing mutant babies, many people are not going to buy it (or maybe they will buy it, i dont know)

People said that the prejudice is an intrinsic part in the X-Men, i agree, but making like 100% of humans hating the mutants is not a smart writing choice, not because "Im human and i am offended that we are not friends with the mutants" but because they could do a lot of more with how humans will percieve the mutants. Love, Hate, Religious devotion, profit, indiference, fear, envy ect...

This series will never be allowed to be full grimmdark because there will always be the status quo thing, it can vary but not too much.

By the way, i actually speaking more about how many users perceive the series more than blaming Hickman, his X-Men feel weird but they havent cross any important line that hadnt been crossed before.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-15-2019 at 01:35 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is Phoenix. Thats the only famous time she rewore the costume and most likely what is being referenced
    This! Why are people even debating this?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So he said that Jean's costume does have an story reason.
    Maybe she will go phoenix after all
    It's inevitable.
    I trust Phoenix Jean with Hickman though.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    And then the writers following that returned to the well of human stupidity and awfulness with a vengeance.

You cannot look at a barrel of rotten apples with 5 good apples on top and say that they are all good apples. A minority of 616 humans aren’t racist, genocidal, lazy or apathetic towards mutants.

...hooray...

No reason to worry about what the majority will do based on past history! The minority opinion among the oppressor class are here to tell us everything is fine!!

The rank and file 616 human has a long way to go and a lot of work to do before they get forgiven for their sins. And those sins are legion. And internationally funded organizations like Orchis just help prove the fears true in ways that a single dancing teacher in New York or a baby raised by a single mutant mom cannot balance out.

If 616 humanity are so great, then where is an Orchis-scale relief organization created by humans to help mutants in peril? Where is the internationally funded equivalent of the Purifiers preaching love and acceptance of mutants instead of fear and loathing based on warped religious dogma?

They don’t exist. 616 humans are trash. It has been long established, and now they have to prove otherwise. Sorry, not sorry.
    Lmao, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    If humanity is so trash, what is the logic at the end of the day in this series??

X-Men will never conquer or try to dominate Humanity.

Humanity will never be able to destroy the Mutants.

The status quo is god, but what is the final objective in this series?? what is the delusion of the ending that we will never get??

Like i said, people is buying this human hate too much, then a reconciliation of 20 minutes will happen and you have Iron Man kissing mutant babies, many people are not going to buy it (or maybe they will buy it, i dont know)

People said that the prejudice is an intrinsic part in the X-Men, i agree, but making like 100% of humans hating the mutants is not a smart writing choice, not because "Im human and i am offended that we are not friends with the mutants" but because they could do a lot of more with how humans will percieve the mutants. Love, Hate, Religious devotion, profit, indiference, fear, envy ect...

This series will never be allowed to be full grimmdark because there will always be the status quo thing, it can vary but not too much.

By the way, i actually speaking more about how many users perceive the series more than blaming Hickman, his X-Men feel weird but they havent cross any important line that hadnt been crossed before.
    I don’t disagree! But we have several decades of writing that have established the 616 as being populated largely and in a majority way by racist, lazy, complacent, toxic humans and the heroes who fight for them to continue being awful.

Oh, and the #NotAllHumans cast of occasional girlfriends and partners and directly-related Family. But not even all family of mutants are decent...so 616 humanity has a lot to prove to escape the stigma of being trash, and most of that is on the writers who have yet to find a way to make humanity less of a hypocritical hate machine where Mutants are concerned.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-15-2019 at 02:21 PM.

I think that Hickman is eventually going to bring the franchise full circle, and have the X-Men find a way for the mutants to not lose, in a way that also puts a brighter outlook on their relationship with humanity. Think of how he started the Avengers with "Everything dies", and took them around to "Everything lives". (The emphasis on "losing" also reminds me of Valeria's whole bit of "you can't win, so figure out how not to lose")

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 2.02.12 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think that Hickman is eventually going to bring the franchise full circle, and have the X-Men find a way for the mutants to not lose, in a way that also puts a brighter outlook on their relationship with humanity. Think of how he started the Avengers with "Everything dies", and took them around to "Everything lives". (The emphasis on "losing" also reminds me of Valeria's whole bit of "you can't win, so figure out how not to lose")

I agree, now they are going to take a little divergence but eventually they are going back to "The Dream" maybe not 100% the same but enough to keep the message.

Or maybe Charles Xavier manage to conquer his baldness, grow a great brunette mane, declares himself God-Emperor of Mutantkind and lets begin the Great Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I think this is the most likely outcome too. For now, Humanity is trash and mutants are reacting to them. By the end, things will be more balanced and 616 humanity will be less ignorant and stupid, allowing the X-Men to be heroes again, not always revolutionary freedom fighters or anti-genocidal strike forces.

I hope.

I agree, now they are going to take a little divergence but eventually they are going back to "The Dream" maybe not 100% the same but enough to keep the message.

Or maybe Charles Xavier manage to conquer his baldness, grow a great brunette mane, declares himself God-Emperor of Mutantkind and lets begin the Great Crusade.
    Agreed as well.

Haha, he had hair at the end of that Astonishing run and in the annual. I had been hoping when he finally removes Cerebro that he whips his long locks around in slo-mo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Then he slowly changes into a great sandworm and controls all spice production in the entire universe, long live the God Emperor of Mutantkind!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Gosh, I can never catch up with this board. You sink for one day and it explodes.

I LOVED the interview, super hyped for Moiras book. Dunno what to expect but I’m sold!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    How boring is having your chracter being nerfed for decades?

Jean hasn't been around for decades at this point, and I'm not sure what nerfing means with regard to Storm since according to her fans she's super strong, faster than bullets, can survive underwater, is next in line for Sorcerer Supreme, and is a God, none of which I believe to be true.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where'd that come from?

lmao
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jean hasn't been around for decades at this point, and I'm not sure what nerfing means with regard to Storm since according to her fans she's super strong, faster than bullets, can survive underwater, is next in line for Sorcerer Supreme, and is a God, none of which I believe to be true.
    Well she can probably breath underwater tho.

These sweeping blanket statements about "humanity" (juxtaposed with mutants) are divisive and inaccurate.

Not ALL humans are "trash".
    Not ALL humans hate mutants.
    Not ALL humans reject their mutant kids.
    Not ALL humans are on board with murder bots.

Folks constantly shred and rearrange the narrative of the X-Men and mutants and forget the very important message about the importance of NOT applying labels to entire communities.

Stevie Hunter is not having it.