Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wasn't as excited for this book as I was for Marauders and New Mutants but...as of yesterday's HiX-Man interview, I'm like...Wednesday get here already!!!
    Same same same! While we patiently wait, I have tickets to the Krakoan ballet so please join me. This month's feature is Goldballs.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Just flicked through my copy of Phoenix Resurrection and I wouldn't agree she "wore" the dress then. She simply rotated through some costumes at the end.

Hickman says "I will say go back and look at the most famous time she put this costume back on" and in Phoenix Resurrection she doesn't 'put it on'.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

After Inferno, when Sinister was destroying memories in Jean's mind, she briefly had the Marvel Girl costume. Though she also had the blue and gold training uniform on before that. I don't think that's what he's talking about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same same same! While we patiently wait, I have tickets to the Krakoan ballet so please join me. This month's feature is Goldballs.
    ooh, can I come, I haven't seen that ballet yet?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem with Scott's age is that it is canonical that he is from the same generation as Peter Parker (and Jean, Emma, Mary Jane, Archangel...). And although for many years their "life cycles" were similar (Weddings, maturity, death of loved ones ...), Peter was beaten by One More Day that returned him to a status quo that works better with Peter being younger.

The problem is divergent characters evolution. The X-Men kept moving forward, Spider-man no. But Scott and Peter are supposed to be the same age. And that's why inconsistencies are born. If you look, in comics like Secret Wars (the original), characters like Hulk or the Thing call Scott "boy." He was obviously younger than Steve Rogers, for example.
    Steve's actually pretty young himself. He was 18 when he got his powers and 22 when he was frozen. So Cap is physically in his early 30s, quite a bit younger than Ben and Bruce (who are both pushing 40), though of course his 4 July 1922 birth date makes him 97 years old officially.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The most famous time: Dark Phoenix saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

*gasp* Ta da!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    ooh, can I come, I haven't seen that ballet yet?
    The ballet is in YOUR honor so of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Well yes, we all know that one. But we also all talked about that when HoX #1 came out so he cant really be thinking of that. QED.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You can't out-think Hickman. We'll just have to wait.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I LOVE the Ballet!!!
    It will be my pleasure and honour to join you.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm pretty certain that's the moment he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He would you tell that he is pompous and arrogant. The man knows his worth and isn't afraid let you know and that is actually good. Especially as steward of a franchise that needs to make big changes in the nerdverse where fans feel they own property. In world where people get on twitter and tell Rosenberg he sucks for killing their favorite character,There certain amount karma in a creator who can sneakily stick up his middle finger to the fans questions or go no I don't have answer your bad questions.
    Nothing good about being an a-hole..
    And nothing sneaky about flat out calling people stupid..

He doesn't need to tell me..this kind of pompous arrogance is expected from a guy who feels the need to call his own ideas clever..if you need to go around telling people how smart you are..well..it doesn't mean anything good..

Arrogance, pomposity, conceit, condescension, petulance..these are not good things

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that's the moment he's talking about.
    There isn't any other moment that really fits

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well yes, we all know that one. But we also all talked about that when HoX #1 came out so he cant really be thinking of that. QED.
    We all know that one because it's the most famous moment, which is what Hickman alluded to in the interview.