Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "Jonathan: The list of Omega Level mutants is complete and set in stone. Anyone who isn’t on the list isn’t one, and there won’t be any new Omega Level characters created for quite some time. There are way too many overcooked characters as is right now. "

God bless him in that regard.

The omega level was created has something excepcional, the pinacle of mutants.

Creating too much will betray that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agree with the sentiment that this was probably the best X-Men Monday I've read lol

The amount of story potential that Hickman has birthed with HoX/PoX is insane! He really gave the X-Universe a much needed shot of adrenaline. I love that he's talking about writers/books eve going as far out as a year or two in the future.

I'm glad he made a statement about not going back to fill out the gap between Uncanny and House of X imo it's not necessary to detail these reunions and write these recruitment stories while trying to explain away the dumpster fire of bad writing that was Uncanny and AoXm. I know some fans want that but I'm not one of them. I'm liking what Hickman is pulling off here and full speed ahead on this Dawn of X train.
    I love the emphasis that this is the "story of the mutants" not specifically just the X-Men but all mutants on Earth and what happens for their people going forward. It really adds a flavor of Wakanda to the X-books now, because now they have their own country and they will interact with the entire world as representatives of their country, in the same way that T'Challa interacts with the world as the representative of Wakanda.

This goes back to something that I have pointed out previously, if the X-Men show up at the location of an attack or a disaster they are kind of acting in the roll of offered aid and support through the United Nations to support other countries in need.

I would love if we end up with a story where the United Nations approves for the X-Men to take on something and the Avengers show up and actually get in trouble because they weren't authorized by the United Nations like the X-Men were.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    “Jonathan: Dauterman is actually doing some Jean stuff now and she’s wearing a version of one of her newer suits (but colored green and gold, as all Jean costumes should be).”

“ Jonathan: Good question. In the same way that we aren’t going to be doing alternate reality stores or time travel stories, we’re also not going to be doing pre-Krakoa stories.”

Oh, i forgot about these, should i scream Hallelujah.

We reeaaaally need a good time off from characters which usually makes every story messy like Cable, or teen cable whatever.

He need to take a hardline with those things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love the emphasis that this is the "story of the mutants" not specifically just the X-Men but all mutants on Earth and what happens for their people going forward. It really adds a flavor of Wakanda to the X-books now, because now they have their own country and they will interact with the entire world as representatives of their country, in the same way that T'Challa interacts with the world as the representative of Wakanda.

This goes back to something that I have pointed out previously, if the X-Men show up at the location of an attack or a disaster they are kind of acting in the roll of offered aid and support through the United Nations to support other countries in need.

I would love if we end up with a story where the United Nations approves for the X-Men to take on something and the Avengers show up and actually get in trouble because they weren't authorized by the United Nations like the X-Men were.
    Exactly! There are so many potential stories that can be birthed from this. Which why I think Krakoa as a mutant nation may be around for the long haul (10+ years) if done right theirs a wealth of story to tell that could last the X-books for years.

Also I like how Hickman reiterates that he wants to keep away from alternate realities and time travel stories for awhile to which I say THANK THE GODDESS! Keep this Krakoa story in a modern 616 continuity.
    Last edited by loke13; 10-14-2019 at 02:48 PM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Oh, i forgot about these, should i scream Hallelujah.

We reeaaaally need a good time off from characters which usually makes every story messy like Cable, or teen cable whatever.

He need to take a hardline with those things.
    Yes, I've been asking for years to get away from alt-timelines and time travel stories. They, like the Phoenix, need to go on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

BANNED

"Saying that, even a strict reading of the law doesn’t change the fact that I showed you three (four if you were watching closely) ways that mutants can reproduce and only one of those is in the ‘traditional’ hetro manner (that’s also leaving out pretty commonplace practices like IVF and surrogacy, which seem to me to support the spirit of the law). "

Astonishing Member

Looks like X-Men #5 and #7 might be my favorite ones coming the whole Economic Summit happening with Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse in a suit looks like it's gonna be a fun issue. And Poccy+Nightcrawler having a philosophic debate about the nature of souls has me all giddy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know but I'll link you when it happens. Dont want to prematurely call any group out but I can gurantee it'll continue to happen
    thanks love and rereading this i was kind of put off by his responses. it is a way you can say things without coming across rude. was it just me??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks love and rereading this i was kind of put off by his responses. it is a way you can say things without coming across rude. was it just me??
    Yes. 10101010

like he says its all how you read it.

If you take it that way than thats because you read it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Yes. 10101010
    oh gurl.. let's give other people time to respond before we conclude im.the only one who felt this way.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I guess. humility goes a long way and the way he conveyed his responses seemed very opposite of that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-14-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

i mean he was direct.

I don't think it came off rude.

Edit: I thought that was directed at me.

My Bad.

Yes but not everything can be ambiguity. I love grey areas but i dont think that there is anything bad with clarify things.

Example, the omega level mutant, i like that. Maybe in the future he will upgrade more but for a while this is what we got.

i mean he was direct.

I don't think it came off rude.

Edit: I thought that was directed at me.

My Bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Yes but not everything can be ambiguity. I love grey areas but i dont think that there is anything bad with clarify things.

Example, the omega level mutant, i like that. Maybe in the future he will upgrade more but for a while this is what we got.
    I thought the direct way he answered the question about omega mutants was fine. the first question asking when would see namor again I thought was unnecessary. if you not gone answer simply pick answers you will.

and I didn't see your initial response lol but no prob beloved.

I think he's been the best Xmen Mondays

If you think his answers were ambigious. You would definitely hate the other previous 30 or so.