Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    For what it's worth, I believe in the genocides happening. The fact that I'm neither American nor European and have lived in a region of my home country with an ongoing separatist insurgency made me a believer in the mass-murder depravities of man.

But you haven't answered my question. Has it been depicted that Shogo is still living with Jubilee in Krakoa despite being HUMAN? Were the rules bent for them? Was it confirmed?

Yes, then I'm back to being somewhat cautious. No, then I stand by my hill.
    They passed a law that mutants aren't allowed to kill mutants, it's enshrined as one of the first laws of their constitution alongside protecting the sanctity of their land. These people aren't stupid, some of them are geneticists they know mutants have a chance of having a human baby, but they aren't going to ostracize their human baby because of it. It's not like mutants don't have human allies like Corsair and Briar Raleigh and others. They aren't going to unilaterally punish humans, but if they find out a racist group is preparing a mass attack against them with very destructive weapons then they are going to be proactive and try to stop the racist terrorist group from attacking their nation.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I was asking a question about Shogo. Is he on Krakoa with Jubes? Were the rules bent? He is not a mutant, right?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I was asking a question about Shogo. Is he on Krakoa with Jubes? Were the rules bent? He is not a mutant, right?
    Yes, he on Krakoa. He is not a mutant. He is a baby, he does not represent the slightest danger to the safety of Krakoa mutants.

They have been in some of the upcoming art together with Jubilee holding Shogo, or she has him in the baby carrier harness.

Then I'll stop freaking out, for now. The rules were not absolute after all. That will be enough for a time.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm not saying everyone on x-men actec that way, but some have some troubling speeches.

If it i swrong humans have prejudice to mutants, it is wrong for mutants do the same for humans

I think it is understable hating humans, but there is something really unsetting going on in Krakoa. They are really taking the superior too seriously and unirocally
    Yes.

How dare the oppressed stand up to the oppressor. How dare the targets of genocide after genocide after genocide have a negative opinion of the people who either eagerly sided with the genocidebots or turned a blind eye to the genocide cloud or injected genocide serum into their children.

How dare the targets of repeated extinction attempts have negative feelings about the group most responsible for their suffering. Black people shouldn’t be worried about white cops breaking into their homes and shooting at them. Gay people shouldn’t wonder if the three straight guys following them are going to beat and murder them in an alley. Women shouldn’t be prepared for a guy at the bar not taking no for an answer. No one should ever look to lived experience and live by the examples of the past. It’s the same thing as racism!

Miss me with that cishet, white privilege bullcrap...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-15-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It’s. How dare the oppressed stand up to the oppressor. How dare the targets of genocide after genocide after genocide have a negative opinion of the people who either eagerly sided with the genocidebots or turned a blind eye to the genocide cloud or injected genocide serum into their children.

How dare the targets of repeated extinction attempts have negative feelings about the group most responsible for their suffering. Black people shouldn’t be worried about white cops breaking into their homes and shooting at them. Gay people shouldn’t wonder if the three straight guys following them are going to beat and murder them in an alley. Women shouldn’t be prepared for a guy at the bar not taking no for an answer. No one should ever look to loved experience and live by the examples of the past. It’s the same thing as racism!
    Yes, when applied to an entire species (in which many don't care about mutants and many even like them) it is the exact same thing as racism.

BANNED

I have to say Londo Bellian, you are certainly..... a man of convictions. You will not be distracted from your concern over the welfare of human children on Krakoa, come what may Dammit!

"I judge individual beings, not groups." ~Quattro Bajeena

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, when applied to an entire species (in which many don't care about mutants and many even like them) it is the exact same thing as racism.
    What is the answer?

In the face of the entire human race either trying to commit genocide against your people, or complicit in their disinterest in your fate, what is the answer to that?

If every single moment of peace is always interrupted by people trying to attack and kill you and your children and blowing up busses of your children, bombing your schools, trying to take your kids hostage to torture them, experiment on them, and even brainwash your children to use as weapons to kill you (Weapon X and Hound Program both). If regular humans gather together in mass protests calling for mutants to be rounded up and purged.

What do you do in the face of all that?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I have to say Londo Bellian, you are certainly..... a man of convictions. You will not be distracted from your concern over the welfare of human children on Krakoa, come what may Dammit!
    CBR is lucky I have a handful of other boards I post content to, and the shifting from one board to another necessitates a quick change of mood depending on the hot topic at hand. If this was the only board I posted to, I might have been ban-hammered long ago.

Like the Quattro who is a Char said, "I judge individual beings, not groups."

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If you can't see the difference between Polaris saying "Ugh, I hate these humans who have tried to exterminate me a thousand times" but without doing anything directly malicious towards them and ORCHID building a giant genocidal robot, then I don't know what to say.

It's like #NotAllHumans
    You are assuming Lorna should be the ‘voice of reason’ irrespective of her own experiences and views that she actually does blame the masses including the taxpayers that uncritically allow their pockets to be fleeced to finance Sentinels over and over again. It is a different POV. One can view it as wrong or unhelpful, but that is something that can be debated as long as there are those with a different prospective.

Who’s keeping this same system in place? Who’s in power with the ability to change the status quo? Who’s been hunting and sterilizing and poisoning these mutants years on end? Oh right, humans. Racism is about systemic power, that was the root of it. Race was a concept built to differentiate who should be in power and who should be chattel slaves. It isn’t just about “wahh you said i can’t season food after i literally dehumanized you. you’re racist!”

Yep, it is prejudice

where are those Polaris Was Right t-shirts now