Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

So how do we feel about M/Penance? He implies she may have been tweaked genetically but she became Penance before she died & resurrected not after. Do we assume some of these characters died and were brought back before during the however many month gap between Uncanny run and HOX/POX?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Since she was Penance from the get-go, she apparently died again at some point. In which case, she's died about 4 times.
    1st Death = X-Factor
    2nd Death = X-Men vol 4
    3rd Death = ?
    4th Death = House of X 4.
    I can't wait until we get to her in Hickman's X-Men. But Lord knows how long that'll be, or if he'll even cover it. May have to wait until she's on a team book in Wave II or III.

I am curious to see what / who killed her prior to House of X.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-14-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Since she was Penance from the get-go, she apparently died again at some point. In which case, she's died about 4 times.

1st Death = X-Factor
    2nd Death = X-Men vol 4
    3rd Death = ?
    4th Death = House of X 4.

I can't wait until we get to her in Hickman's X-Men. But Lord knows how long that'll be, or if he'll even cover it. May have to wait until she's on a team book in Wave II or III.
    When and how did she die before?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's a newer one recoloured to green and gold, so that means either 90s, New X-Men, or X-Men Red. Anything that was green and gold originally can be ruled out.
    You ignored the X-Factor costumes and X-men Revolution, not to mention All New X-men
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-14-2019 at 06:47 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think the quote from her moment with Storm could be explained as something she's just likely to say when her identity is questioned and I don't know why putting down Sabretooth would be a big deal but I've just remembered that I'm probably wrong here for another reason:

That beer sharing olive branch to Emma wouldn't mean anything to a pre-2000s Jean.
    I agree with you. Sharing a beer with Emma would work if Jean got reset because the Jean who wore this costume in theDark Phoenix saga knows the part Emma played in tampering with her mind and psychic blocks.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So this was only about the 12 issues. I was wondering why there weren't questions about the New Mutants.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-14-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: i can't type
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So this was only about the 12 issues. I was wondering why there were questions about the New Mutants.
    Probably, but they were likely considered to be spoiler territory.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I have to say I agree more with JDW than Hickman on the X-men ages. I see Scott and Jean somewhere in the mid-20's to early 30's and that is how they stay lol I just can't see Scott as this warrior when he's an old man. Before I offend anyone I am 37 and things are starting to not be as easy as they once were due to aching joints. It is what it is.

I see Scott, Jean, Ororo in their prime and now that they have been regrown I'm sure they are there despite their "mental"/ "mind" age.
    Some soccer players still do well even with 35 years. Messi is 32, CR7 is 34, some retire with 40 years old. Sure they doesn't play the same as they are young, but still good players

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's not. It was a bigger deal back in the 90's when he was dangerous. Putting down the current version isn't a feat. That's Wednesday. lol

She needs some better feats than that. lol Which she may get in X-Force. We've been told a few times her outfit change does have a purpose, and we have Hickman commenting about the tweaks and possibilities of mutants getting earlier versions of themselves revived. So anyone who seems particularly off or different is liable to have an arc on it.
    on 90s Jean beat down Sabertooth
    i wasn't surprised she made him sleep
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-14-2019 at 07:13 PM.

I'm so excited for the Moira and Resurrection books. Can't wait to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    So...that is a Jean regressed to a weaker mindset? To just before the very end of DPS?

But every here was so sure...
    Nope. Not me. I posted this weeks ago in the House Of X #4 thread. The Jean we saw in HOX was resurrected before she had the Phoenix Force. There's no way in hell the Jean we read about pre-House Of X would've relied so much on Monet in that space craft and have died with no fight when those drones came for her in space. This current version of Jean has not gone full Phoenix yet. I'm gonna call it now and put money on it. LOL!

Nice interview.

My favourite revelation was Russell Dauterman working on something Jean Grey-related. I can only hope it's an arc of X-Men and not just a cover.

Duplicates [whether clones or temporal anomalies or whatever] have become a staple of X-lore. I'm intrigued by how this will be tackled now that basically everyone important is already a clone, and what can go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Well, So that's that.

BANNED

I see much has changed in my absence. And by 'much' I mean 'not a lot'.

I do like that Hickman was very blunt and straightforward and cut the bullshit a lot of fans throw around. He even addressed the Forge/Xavier timeline hole we were all debating the last few weeks - I know the timeline/uniform didn't quite fit. I'd still like to know when exactly that was.

I'd been saying Jean's outfit deliberately harkens back to the Dark Phoenix Saga for months. The question is why. Very excited about the Moira book.

And yes - see? - we will be seeing events from the timejump, reunions, etc. later on.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks love and rereading this i was kind of put off by his responses. it is a way you can say things without coming across rude. was it just me??
    Nope, not just you..I was put off by them too..rude, pompous and arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Nope, not just you..I was put off by them too..rude, pompous and arrogant
    He would you tell that he is pompous and arrogant. The man knows his worth and isn't afraid let you know and that is actually good. Especially as steward of a franchise that needs to make big changes in the nerdverse where fans feel they own property. In world where people get on twitter and tell Rosenberg he sucks for killing their favorite character,There certain amount karma in a creator who can sneakily stick up his middle finger to the fans questions or go no I don't have answer your bad questions.

I’m surprised at how people seem to have missed the hidden answer in his Namor answer.

46BCBD9F-E2D1-4E3C-B475-711DD7D33C48.jpg

He says he won’t say one way or another whether Namor will appear...but then refers to him as the ‘Fishman of Chekov’.

‘Chekov’s Gun’ - being a famous dramatic principle/Trope that states that ‘every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed; elements should not appear to make "false promises" by never coming into play.’ - tells me Namor will be back. And will play a role in the story before it’s done. How could he not?

Least, that’s how I read that answer...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-14-2019 at 09:56 PM.