Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    What is the answer?

In the face of the entire human race either trying to commit genocide against your people, or complicit in their disinterest in your fate, what is the answer to that?

If every single moment of peace is always interrupted by people trying to attack and kill you and your children and blowing up busses of your children, bombing your schools, trying to take your kids hostage to torture them, experiment on them, and even brainwash your children to use as weapons to kill you (Weapon X and Hound Program both). If regular humans gather together in mass protests calling for mutants to be rounded up and purged.

What do you do in the face of all that?
    Not all humans are like that. In real life people of all races have commited serious atrocities, but many don't. Imagine judging and entires expecies because some of them do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, when applied to an entire species (in which many don't care about mutants and many even like them) it is the exact same thing as racism.
    So, from an evolutionary standpoint, are animals conditioned by the actions of their predators to fear those predators racist?

Humans, as a species, have either eagerly taken part in, turned a blind eye towards, or passively accepted the repeated attempts at extermination of the mutant people. And mutants are STILL willing to risk themselves to protect the Earth, and humanity at large, despite this. They simply don’t pretend anymore that humans would do the same for them. Nor do they pretend that if they didn’t have a Krakoa that they wouldn’t be right back where they were six months ago - on the verge of extinction at the hands of humanity.

Some humans aren’t racist monsters. We know this. Some are innocent children, some are parents or teachers of mutant children, some are allies. But if you take say...100 humans from 616, maybe 5 of them would be cool, based on canon. So should mutants ignore the hatred, fear, and actions of the 95, because of what 5 people do?

No one - NO ONE - is saying humans deserve to be genocided in return for all that humanity has done to mutant kind. No one not already inclined towards villainy, anyhow. But to say mutants don’t have a right and a responsibility to give humanity the stinky side eye after DECADES of abuse, neglect and attempted annihilation is just flat out dumb. Sorry. And to call that reasonable caution ‘racism’ smacks of privilege.

Not all humans are like that. In real life people of all races have commited serious atrocities, but many don't. Imagine judging and entires expecies because some of them do wrong.
    On Bendis run we saw many humans rallying for mutants and Scott.

The entire world was clamoring for the cure that would end mutant kind on Earth forever. Everyone wanted to give it to their children so that no more mutants would ever be born on Earth. That kind of sounds like a huge portion of the human population was totally on board with the complete genocide of the mutant race.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

You’ve got to be kidding me. In real life, people of certain statuses are still benefiting from a racist system that continues to kill and disadvantage POC. In Marvel, SIXTEEN MILLION mutants were all killed and no one did anything about it. No one was like, “maybe we should stop making Sentinels.” Does that not seem wild to you???

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    On Bendis run we saw many humans rallying for mutants and Scott.
    And then the writers following that returned to the well of human stupidity and awfulness with a vengeance.

You cannot look at a barrel of rotten apples with 5 good apples on top and say that they are all good apples. A minority of 616 humans aren’t racist, genocidal, lazy or apathetic towards mutants.

...hooray...

No reason to worry about what the majority will do based on past history! The minority opinion among the oppressor class are here to tell us everything is fine!!

The rank and file 616 human has a long way to go and a lot of work to do before they get forgiven for their sins. And those sins are legion. And internationally funded organizations like Orchis just help prove the fears true in ways that a single dancing teacher in New York or a baby raised by a single mutant mom cannot balance out.

If 616 humanity are so great, then where is an Orchis-scale relief organization created by humans to help mutants in peril? Where is the internationally funded equivalent of the Purifiers preaching love and acceptance of mutants instead of fear and loathing based on warped religious dogma?

They don’t exist. 616 humans are trash. It has been long established, and now they have to prove otherwise. Sorry, not sorry.
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-15-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    And then the writers following that returned to the well of human stupidity and awfulness with a vengeance.

You cannot look at a barrel of rotten apples with 5 good apples on top and say that they are all good apples. A minority of 616 humans aren’t racist, genocidal, lazy or apathetic towards mutants.

...hooray...

No reason to worry about what the majority will do based on past history! The minority opinion among the oppressor class are here to tell us everything is fine!!
    They did?

we saw some mutants protest against x-men on central park, then there was some kinda of mutants extermination after x-men were "dead" and the vacine.

For me it never seemed like mjority is anti-mutant, but a very loud and violent minority is wha tth ebook resolved to show us

Woah, I come back from last night and I see some interestingly strange ramblings about things not at all stated in the interview. For goodness sake, if you don't like what Hickman is doing that's fine but is it so hard to stick to the topic at hand which is the interview, in the thread about the interview? Goodness gracious. I'm all for expressing opinions but the same opinions by the same people all of the time? The bad/good humans/mutants debate has taken over every thread and it's the same arguments over and over. Come on. We get it. You don't like it. That's cool. Go have a drink.

Krakoa is here to stay, kids. Feel free to take a ride on Emma's next ship out if it's not your thing.

And agreed with what others have said, the communal parenting thing sounds super interesting.
    Last edited by JB; 10-15-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, from an evolutionary standpoint, are animals conditioned by the actions of their predators to fear those predators racist?

Humans, as a species, have either eagerly taken part in, turned a blind eye towards, or passively accepted the repeated attempts at extermination of the mutant people. And mutants are STILL willing to risk themselves to protect the Earth, and humanity at large, despite this. They simply don’t pretend anymore that humans would do the same for them. Nor do they pretend that if they didn’t have a Krakoa that they wouldn’t be right back where they were six months ago - on the verge of extinction at the hands of humanity.

Some humans aren’t racist monsters. We know this. Some are innocent children, some are parents or teachers of mutant children, some are allies. But if you take say...100 humans from 616, maybe 5 of them would be cool, based on canon. So should mutants ignore the hatred, fear, and actions of the 95, because of what 5 people do?

No one - NO ONE - is saying humans deserve to be genocided in return for all that humanity has done to mutant kind. No one not already inclined towards villainy, anyhow. But to say mutants don’t have a right and a responsibility to give humanity the stinky side eye after DECADES of abuse, neglect and attempted annihilation is just flat out dumb. Sorry. And to call that reasonable caution ‘racism’ smacks of privilege.
    Humans do the same to other humans and many mutants are monsters too, that doesn't mean humans have the right to hate mutants.
    Putting good people like the Richards family or Capitain America on the same boat with genocidal monsters that want mutans dead feels wrong
    I really don't think it is justified for them to make a difference. Nobody has the right to judge other people because of the species they are born.
    That feels racist to me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If you can't see the difference between Polaris saying "Ugh, I hate these humans who have tried to exterminate me a thousand times" but without doing anything directly malicious towards them and ORCHID building a giant genocidal robot, then I don't know what to say.

It's like #NotAllHumans
    I would agree with this Statement. I do t think the X-Men believe all Humans are Evil. Maybe some of them like Erik and Apocalypse.

I'm not saying everyone on x-men actec that way, but some have some troubling speeches.

If it i swrong humans have prejudice to mutants, it is wrong for mutants do the same for humans

I think it is understable hating humans, but there is something really unsetting going on in Krakoa. They are really taking the superior too seriously and unirocally
    I don’t think they are taking this superior thing seriously. After creating a law of Mutant shall kill no Human. It’s obvious to me they don’t think they are judge jury and executioner for Humans. We even find out Charles doesn’t completely buy into ALL the stuff he’s doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You’ve got to be kidding me. In real life, people of certain statuses are still benefiting from a racist system that continues to kill and disadvantage POC. In Marvel, SIXTEEN MILLION mutants were all killed and no one did anything about it. No one was like, “maybe we should stop making Sentinels.” Does that not seem wild to you???
    Yeah, very true.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-15-2019 at 09:00 AM.

They did?

we saw some mutants protest against x-men on central park, then there was some kinda of mutants extermination after x-men were "dead" and the vacine.

For me it never seemed like mjority is anti-mutant, but a very loud and violent minority is wha tth ebook resolved to show us
    Never mind that Age of X-Men and Uncanny - among other titles - showed that humanity leapt at the chance to take a vaccine against mutation and forced it on their children on a scale so large there were lines outside clinics to get the cure...or that the US government (among others) was shown to be experimenting on and murdering the few mutants left.

Never mind that Non-Mutant heroes still spout prejudiced bullcrap against mutants even recently as Contagion 2...

Sure...
    Last edited by zinderel; 10-15-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

I don’t think they are taking this superior thing seriously. After creating a law of Mutant shall kill no Human. It’s obvious to me they don’t think they are judge jury and executioner for Humans. We even find out Charles doesn’t completely buy into ALL the stuff he’s doing.
    Xavier doesn't? he seems to be into it as much as Magneto.

mutants still out there for extinticion for human race and being the next step of evolution

BANNED

Thing is even good people like the grey family can have their convictions broken by relentless persecution. Rachel's grandmother wished she and Jean were never born and inflicted upon them when her family was slaughtered by the Shiar death commandos. It's not difficult to imagine the same scenario occurring eventually with mutants with their families disowning them rather than risk their whole lives getting ruined/lost due to the anti mutant prejudice.

Humans do the same to other humans and many mutants are monsters too, that doesn't mean humans have the right to hate mutants.
    Putting good people like the Richards family or Capitain America on the same boat with genocidal monsters that want mutans dead feels wrong
    I really don't think it is justified for them to make a difference. Nobody has the right to judge other people because of the species they are born.
    That feels racist to me

That’s fine. Meanwhile, what is ACTUALLY racist is systemic oppression and attempted mass murder and genocide.

But ok...

Xavier doesn't? he seems to be into it as much as Magneto.

mutants still out there for extinticion for human race and being the next step of evolution
    And how do mutants intend to become the dominant race on Earth?

They are going to make love and make more mutants. The best part is you can have sex with humans too and there is around a 75% chance that all children will be mutants because of the presence of recessive X-Gene in humans.

Orchis even postulated that the majority population on Earth will be mutants in 20 years simply by mutant children being born to humans. Mutants don't need to do anything other than survive and protect themselves, and work to stop the rise of the machine/Sentinel hierarchy, that's it. Since mutants come from humans, and humans are going to keep having kids, eventually there will be more mutants than humans. All the mutants have to do is stop the humans from being able to commit genocide on them and keep everyone busy having lots of kids.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”