Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They wanted a black woman. I don't think they were even considering anyone white or Hispanic. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.
    I was typing in response to Monica Baccarin would have been good choice if 10 years ago.
    I meant that Eva Green would have done great as Catwoman if it was 10 years ago.

Zoe Kravitz is multiracial

her father, Lenny Kravitz is the son of an Ashkenazi Jewish man and African American woman
    her mother, Lisa Bonet is the son of an African American man and Ashkenazi Jewish woman

another thing is that most African Americans are actually multiracial for most of them have European ancestry in connection to slavery
    My father was an African American born and raised in New Orleans, and he had a 3rd great grandfather who was the son of Anglo-American slaveowner and Cajun woman.

I am multiracial too, and I identify as multiracial instead of black.
    The hypo-descent rule aka one drop rule is outdated,racist,and stupid.
    Black and white races are social constructs and disregard how diverse Africa, Europe,and Asia are.

I actually wanted Logan Browning to play Catwoman after finding out that a "black" or biracial women were being screened.
    Logan Browning is a green-eyed biracial woman.
    Her father is African American, and her mother is European American.

I read about Zoe Kravitz being good friends with Robert Pattinson, and so they could have great chemistry.
    I am looking forward to seeing their BatCat on the large screen.

Hispanics greatly vary in looks and ancestry
    there is no typical looking Hispanic
    Most Hispanics are multiracial.
    Many of them are mixed European,Amerindian,and/or SubSaharan African.
    Zoe Saldana is a perfect example of the multiracial ancestry of many Hispanics.
    There are Hispanics that have a lot more SubSaharan African than Zoe.
    If you include Latinos, then there are Brazilians to consider.
    Many of them are dominantly SubSaharan African.
    Most of the SubSaharan Africans brought to the Americas went to Brazil which was controlled by the Portuguese.

I am part Hispanic myself.
    My maternal grandfather's maternal grandfather was Puerto Rican, and he looked multiracial.
    My maternal grandfather also had other mixed Iberian-SubSaharan African ancestries from Cape Verde and Madeira which are both Atlantic archipelagos that have strong Portuguese influence. Cape Verde is an independent African nation that gained its independence from Portugal, and Madeira is still a Portuguese colony.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-22-2019 at 01:42 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.