Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I thought Jodie Comer was born for this. If you've seen Killing Eve, you have to agree. I'm actually shocked they wouldn't have at least considered her. But...it's possible they didn't want somebody who would steal the movie from Pattinson.

Kravitz won't be memorable. She has no energy onscreen.

Ooh, i like that. She purrdy
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-14-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I hope this becomes a breakout performance for her, because otherwise I have not been left all too impressed by her other roles. Up to now my impression of her has been as just another child of rich stars that got an easy street into Hollywood, though I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I honestly want nothing more than for her to turn in a great performance.

And of course it depends on the size of Catwoman's part in the story, but I do not think the character to be an easy one to play. It takes way more than good looks to play a convincing Selina Kyle. In my opinion Anne Hathaway, while admittedly a serviceable actress and quite pretty, lacked the charisma needed to convincingly play the part. I hope this turns out better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I hope this becomes a breakout performance for her, because otherwise I have not been left all too impressed by her other roles. Up to now my impression of her has been as just another child of rich stars that got an easy street into Hollywood, though I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt because I honestly want nothing more than for her to turn in a great performance.

And of course it depends on the size of Catwoman's part in the story, but I do not think the character to be an easy one to play. It takes way more than good looks to play a convincing Selina Kyle. In my opinion Anne Hathaway, while admittedly a serviceable actress and quite pretty, lacked the charisma needed to convincingly play the part. I hope this turns out better.
    You're right on all counts. The biggest problem with Zoe Kravitz is her complete lack of energy onscreen. She looks like she will fall asleep at any moment and she is unable to change her facial expression. All she does is stare and pout. That's all she will do as Catwoman too, therefore we will have to hope the costume does a lot of the work for her (though, to be fair, we may have to hope for that with Pattinson as well).

If they had cast somebody with real acting talent for a role like this (like recent Emmy winner Jodie Comer, who if you've seen Killing Eve, will see that she was born to be Catwoman if ever anyone was), they could be very memorable and steal the movie, but as of now, it looks like Michelle Pfeiffer will continue to not be topped.

And here's another note- Zoe Kravitz is 5'2 and will be shortest Catwoman in history. Who the hell casts a 5'2 Catwoman?? Even Anne Hathaway was 5'8. Bizarre.

Ya, i think this is bland choice.

She is pretty though, and I wouldnt worry about height, its not something cinema angles cant fix, look at Tom Hardy's Bane.

Ultimate Member

Matt Reeves wanted her, and he hasn't made a bad film yet. So I'll go with this for now.

I'm old enough to remember when Michelle was cast...she was too cute, too California. Nailed it!
    Anne was too preppy, too Harvard. Killed it!
    Zoe will be fabulous and I can't wait to see it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post

did you watch Graces video

BANNED

The ideal Catwoman to Pattinson's Batman:
    I will just purr while Batman bites his opponents into submission
    Whoops! Wrong movie.

I don't really know who this actress is, so I have no clue how to feel about this casting. Hope she does a good job of it.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Just to be clear, Zoe Kravitz, Ana de Armas and Eiza Gonzales all tested alongside Robert Pattinson during a reading and she was apparently the best choice out of the three (I'm guessing due to conviction and chemistry with the co-star).

So she wasn't just picked out of the blue.

all i know of her is that she is Aquaman stepdaughter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when Michelle was cast...she was too cute, too California. Nailed it!
    Anne was too preppy, too Harvard. Killed it!
    Zoe will be fabulous and I can't wait to see it.
    Killed it might be a bit of an exaggeration in Hathaway's case. She's a good actress but DKR was probably one of her weakest performances IMO. Then again, I've always found that whole movie to be pretty weak

The more I learn about the casting for this movie, the more it feels like they're making a teeny bopper Batman movie.
    Like a CW version cranked to 200%.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    The more I learn about the casting for this movie, the more it feels like they're making a teeny bopper Batman movie.
    Like a CW version cranked to 200%.
    LMAO, that it does.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."