Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm okay with it. Race swap aside, I feel like she really looks like Selina Kyle, if you know what I mean?

Is Jeffrey Wright as Gordon confirmed? So far its just been rumored. I love the actor, but to me Jeffrey Wright as Gordon is a greater deviation from how I visualize that character than Zoe Kravitz is for how I view Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Killed it might be a bit of an exaggeration in Hathaway's case. She's a good actress but DKR was probably one of her weakest performances IMO. Then again, I've always found that whole movie to be pretty weak
    I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few people who liked Hathaway as Catwoman.

I normally like Anne Hathaway, but yeah. Her role as Selina left a lot to be desired for me. Granted, I'm not even that big a fan of the Nolan films compared to others, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    The more I learn about the casting for this movie, the more it feels like they're making a teeny bopper Batman movie.
    Like a CW version cranked to 200%.
    The Nolan Batman series and the success of the Joker is incentivizing WB to produce more of that type of movie instead of Shazam types of movies. For this reason, we're not likely to see a teeny bopper Batman.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    The Nolan Batman series and the success of the Joker is incentivizing WB to produce more of that type of movie instead of Shazam types of movies. For this reason, we're not likely to see a teeny bopper Batman.
    Its worth noting though that the original CW DC show, Arrow, was heavily inspired by the Nolanverse...so yeah, just saying that they're not entirely mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    The more I learn about the casting for this movie, the more it feels like they're making a teeny bopper Batman movie.
    Like a CW version cranked to 200%.
    Both Kravitz and Pattinson are in their 30’s, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She wasn't terrible. She was definitely one of the better parts of that movie. But she was just so...bland. from her appearance, to her performance, to her chemistry with Bale. It was all just a little too...subdued. And that's saying something for a version of the Batman mythos that's supposed to be more subdued.

I dunno. I didn't dislike her as much as I dislike that movie as a whole (which is a damn shame considering the one that came before it is still one of my all time favorite movies) but I REEEEEEALLY think she was miscast.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    She’s biracial. Both parents are half black/white.
    Yeah...You're right!
    She is biracial!
    Her father is Lenny Kravitz who is the son of an Ashkenazi Jewish man and African American woman.
    Her mother is Lisa Bonet who is the daughter of an African American man and Ashkenazi Jewish woman.

another thing is that most African Americans are part European any way in connection to the slavery

I am multiracial, and I identify as such
    my father was mostly SubSaharan African with some European and little bit of Native American
    my mother is mostly European with some SubSaharan African with a little bit of Native American
    According to DNA tests, I am around half SubSaharan African with the rest European and a little Native American
    I have a SubSaharan Y DNA haplogroup and a European Mitochondrial DNA haplogroup

I believe that the one drop rule is outdated,racist,and stupid.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

She was definitely miscast. But she was hardly the biggest problem with that movie.

Frankly, I think the character of Catwoman probably wasn't in Nolan's wheelhouse to begin with (he's not very good with women characters period). And because of that, they really didn't know what they were looking for when they cast Anne Hathaway, who was fundamentally wrong for the part.

I also don't think they knew this time around, if Reeves was so set on Zoe Kravitz, who can't act for ****. Seriously, all you have to do is watch one episode of Killing Eve to see that Jodie Comer was born to be this character. If they didn't even consider her it means their entire conception of Catwoman is probably way off.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Both Kravitz and Pattinson are in their 30’s, but ok.
    same age as CW teenagers

I didn't dislike her. She was the best part of a disappointing movie for me.
    But Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Camren Bicondova were all better.
    Though Hathaway came off as the most comic book accurate version of the modern era.
    Pfeiffer gave a great performance but bore little resemblance to the comic book character. Suit, hair color, motivations, origin were all wrong. Did she even steal anything?
    Don't know what the hell Halle Berry was supposed to be playing.

All-New Member

Would’ve been nice to get an Italian or Latina Selina like the comics tend to imply. Would’ve liked a better actress too, oh well.

All-New Member

She is awesome I hope she does well. Loved her in Big Little Lies. She is super sexy.

Ultimate Member

I really liked her in the role as well. And she felt more like proper Selina than Michelle Pfeiffer did (not her fault mind you, her performance was great, but the writing was awful in that film).

BANNED

I don't care, i'm davistated because of twightlight batman.... :/