Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I agree with the above. Race as a label is entirely about perspective. She's black? What is black? She appears to be lighter than half the population of the world. Is she white, then?

If your subconscious (because that's where most of this starts) stuck her in the black, other group, please consider why and if it's just. Once you get past there, you'll start drawing people into your group for their similarities, not excluding them on perceived differences. I find that a lovely way to think, but I'll freely admit that the pasty, ginger European, who didn't meet someone of clear African descent until she was in her late teens and from whom I sprouted, has an involuntary animal thought on occasion.

That aside, apart from GA Catwoman, I imagined Selina to be short and sturdy, like an Olympic gymnast. Seems I'm the only one?

And welcome to the litter, Ms Kravitz, though I suspect Pfeiffer will always be my fav
    Last edited by Frances; 11-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I agree with the above. Race as a label is entirely about perspective. She's black? What is black? She appears to be lighter than half the population of the world. Is she white, then?

If your subconscious (because that's where most of this starts) stuck her in the black, other group, please consider why and if it's just. Once you get past there, you'll start drawing people into your group for their similarities, not excluding them on perceived differences. I find that a lovely way to think, but I'll freely admit that the pasty, ginger European, who didn't meet someone of clear African descent until she was in her late teens and from whom I sprouted, has an involuntary animal thought on occasion.

That aside, apart from GA Catwoman, I imagined Selina to be short and sturdy, like an Olympic gymnast. Seems I'm the only one?

And welcome to the litter, Ms Kravitz, though I suspect Pfeiffer will always be my fav
    Yeah, never really though of CATwoman as "short and sturdy". Lithe and curvy though, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, never really though of CATwoman as "short and sturdy". Lithe and curvy though, yes.
    file-20191001-173369-11clv6e.jpg

Olympic gymnasts tend to be all four. Tallest competitor was 5ft7, though. Should probably take this to the CW thread =D