Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    You don't need to watch the susames street to know it's a kid show right ? same goes for twighlight, you don't need to watch it to know, it's piece of crap, one gleance and you know in your core in a certain way that, this is crap... lol so you stay far far away from it. And you don't want anyone from that piece of crap to be in batman which you like...
    No one's defending Twilight. Yeah it was a bad film. You think all the other guys who have played Batman haven't been in bad films before or since?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one's defending Twilight. Yeah it was a bad film. You think all the other guys who have played Batman haven't been in bad films before or since?
    You don't understand... this things harry potter and twighlight came into my life at a time, i was no longer a kid... may be if they were my childhood, it would be different but no, Batman is my childhood and twighlight is not... I said i despised twighlight right ? i don't despise anyother franchise, not even harry potter but i don't like it as well... Well, it's what it is, i despise twighlight and i don't want to see anything that remind me that **** storm that i despise so much. I doN't even enjoy Kristen Steward pictures... when i see them, i'm like yuck twighlight... lol she's pretty yeah... but she's twighlight and i despise it... it's beyond something good or bad even if it's bad anyway. I really really really hate it, i despise it... i can't stand it in anyway... if i had the money i would buy every copy of twighlight film and book and just burn them in big pile of fire... lol

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    She’s 5’2”. Why are you disappointed that she’s being introduced so early?
    As Batman's most popular love interest, I thought they would have saved her for later films. She only appeared in the final Nolan movie and she appeared in the sequel to the first Batman film. She is a Joker level character in Batman's history. You don't want to introduce that so quickly. It could hurt the movie too if it turns out that Zoe and Robert don't have any chemistry.

Gurz, not to squee on your harsh, but could you please shut up about Twilight in a thread that is about Zoe Krawitz and Catwoman?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Gurz, not to squee on your harsh, but could you please shut up about Twilight in a thread that is about Zoe Krawitz and Catwoman?
    You have hard time realising one thing, it seems... They ask me freaking questions about twighlight... It's not like i enjoy talking about it. Just don't ask for anymore damn replie.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    I am disappointed that Catwoman is going to be introduced so early in a Batman film. Zoe would not have been the first choice to play her to me. How tall is she?
    What they are going to keeping "that game" with Batman films. If you don't know what mean it is the game where they introduce Nightwing/Dick Grayson in the third or final movie and there isn't a movie that comes after it. I am perfectly happy with them skipping the "Hey we have introduce people to Batman stage" because do we need to establish Batman or any of his villains now really? Give me Batman and a bunch of establish villains plus Dick Grayson hanging around adopted by Bruce in first movie. What are they waiting or holding back characters for?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    She’s 5’2”. Why are you disappointed that she’s being introduced so early?
    Seems kind of short for Catwoman. In the comic books Catwoman is listed as 5'7". In descending order of height Julie Newmar is 5'11". Lee Meriwether is 5'9". Anne Hathaway is 5'8". Michelle Pfeiffer is 5'7"
    Halle Berry is 5'5". Eartha Kitt was 5'4". So Zoe will be tied with Camren Bicondova as the shortest Catwoman yet. In Camren's defense she was supposed to be a kid when she started out so it made sense
    for her to be short. It might look a little strange to have such a tiny Catwoman. Especially if she is going to be doing anything physical. You want someone who at least looks like they could take on a full grown
    man like Batman.

To be honest, I don't care how tall Catwoman is. She needs to be able to present as sensual and elegant and with a lot of presence. Length can help there, but it's not a requirement. Her skills as a burglar, a pickpocket, and an acrobat are far more important than her fighting skills. She should be able to hold her own in most situations, but her goal in most situations is getting a clean getaway.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    To be honest, I don't care how tall Catwoman is. She needs to be able to present as sensual and elegant and with a lot of presence. Length can help there, but it's not a requirement. Her skills as a burglar, a pickpocket, and an acrobat are far more important than her fighting skills. She should be able to hold her own in most situations, but her goal in most situations is getting a clean getaway.
    Just saying that women like Lucy Lawless and Gal Gadot, who are 5'10", look more impressive as fighters because they are almost as tall as their male counterparts. And most people expect Catwoman to be a fighter.
    What depictions of Catwoman in the last 40 years haven't shown Catwoman to have awesome fighting skills? Being a thief is almost an afterthought in many depictions. Did Catwoman even steal anything in Batman Returns?
    No one wants to see Catwoman running away. They want to see her fight Batman and maybe even win. And then get away.

Robert Downey Jr's pretty short, but they managed to conceal that in the Avengers with camera tricks, stilted shoes, and props to stand on.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just saying that women like Lucy Lawless and Gal Gadot, who are 5'10", look more impressive as fighters because they are almost as tall as their male counterparts. And most people expect Catwoman to be a fighter.
    What depictions of Catwoman in the last 40 years haven't shown Catwoman to have awesome fighting skills? Being a thief is almost an afterthought in many depictions. Did Catwoman even steal anything in Batman Returns?
    No one wants to see Catwoman running away. They want to see her fight Batman and maybe even win. And then get away.
    I thought that's how she was first introduced as Catwoman. Or was she just breaking into something owned by Shreck?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Robert Downey Jr's pretty short, but they managed to conceal that in the Avengers with camera tricks, stilted shoes, and props to stand on.
    True. Tom Hardy played Bane and he is only 5'9" as compared to Christian Bale who is 6'0" and Bane looked huge compared to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that's how she was first introduced as Catwoman. Or was she just breaking into something owned by Shreck?
    She just bombed his department store.

Personally, I don’t think the height difference matters. There’s a lot they can do with her If they don’t want to go with the camera trickery (I don’t think that’s necessary). Her smaller height works with trying to be a thief.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've never seen Zoe Kravitz in anything (that I know of), but her publicity machine has a weird way of promoting her image. All the publicity photos I've seen show her looking distant, unemotional and kind of bland. Much like Kristen Stewart's public image, if I'm honest--and I've never seen her act in anything either. Maybe that "I'm not available" pose works for some people, but I'm too simple--I just see them as not caring about anything, so I'm not invested.

Personally, Morena Baccarin would have been my ideal choice for Catwoman--ten years ago. I guess, by now, she's done so many other comic book characters that it wouldn't work. But she's more obviously the femme fatale.

To me, so far all these supporting actors in THE BATMAN are the wallpaper. Which is hopefully a good sign, since I want a Dashiell Hammett type of story rather than a Lorenzo Semple, Jr. But I can't see these actors being spun off into their own movies.

Eva Green would have done great as Catwoman.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Eva Green would have done great as Catwoman.
    They wanted a black woman. I don't think they were even considering anyone white or Hispanic. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.