Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I don't care, i'm davistated because of twightlight batman.... :/
    Watch more movies. Pattinson is so much more than some crappy vampire flicks, he's an outstanding actor. I keep seeing online "not the Twilight guy!", but I swear it seems like some people only watch comic book movies lol Look up his filmography, watch something other than a genre film.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Watch more movies. Pattinson is so much more than some crappy vampire flicks, he's an outstanding actor. I keep seeing online "not the Twilight guy!", but I swear it seems like some people only watch comic book movies lol Look up his filmography, watch something other than a genre film.
    I watch art films but not the ones which have twighlight boy... I hate twighlight, i dispise it so much... may be i don't even watch the new batman film.

Incredible Member

I think she will he solid as Selina.

My fav TV Catwoman was always Eartha, though. It was her VOICE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niggie View Post
    Would’ve been nice to get an Italian or Latina Selina like the comics tend to imply. Would’ve liked a better actress too, oh well.
    I liked the idea of Eiza González being considered as Catwoman. She has the cheekbones. And I liked her in the From Dusk till Dawn TV series. At the time people were saying she too young to be
    Catwoman against Affleck's Batman. But she is now 29 and Pattinson is 33, so age isn't as big of a problem. But Zoe Kravitz looks the part too so I am willing to give her a chance.

Carlens

I don't really care about who plays Catwoman, as long as it works. And I hope it'll work with Zoe Kravitz.

I watch art films but not the ones which have twighlight boy... I hate twighlight, i dispise it so much... may be i don't even watch the new batman film.
    You have to let that go, Pattison isn't a bad actor by any stretch those movies were just that garbage.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Every good actor has made films that are poor. They work for a living, and work with what they're given. If you hate Twilight so much though, then why did you watch them all? You must have seen each of them, to know that "Twilight boy" is so poor, right?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I really liked her in the role as well. And she felt more like proper Selina than Michelle Pfeiffer did (not her fault mind you, her performance was great, but the writing was awful in that film).
    I totally agree with you. I liked her in the role too. She is the reason why I went to see the movie twice in the theater. The last time I ever did that was seeing Spider-Man 2 in 2004. I saw it three times in the theater.
    Dark Knight Rises is the last time that I saw a movie more than once in the theater.

I liked Anne's version because she was a sane thief named Selina Kyle and ended up having Bruce's back.
    Michelle's version was too much of a nutcase for me to like.
    She came off like she belonged in Arkham Asylum.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-18-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Every good actor has made films that are poor. They work for a living, and work with what they're given. If you hate Twilight so much though, then why did you watch them all? You must have seen each of them, to know that "Twilight boy" is so poor, right?
    It was also 10 years ago
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It was also 10 years ago
    I think some people have a problem typecasting actors/actresses
    They are a lot more than a certain role that they have done
    Pattinson has done a lot more than just Twilight movies
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I think some people have a problem typecasting actors/actresses
    They are a lot more than a certain role that they have done
    Pattinson has done a lot more than just Twilight movies
    Jon Cryer was best known for Alan Harper, the abused brother on Two and a Half Men. So when he was cast as Lex Luthor on Supergirl people went insane. But he knocked it out of the ball park as Lex Luthor.
    Quite a few people have said he is the best live action Lex Luthor ever. Even better than Michael Rosenbaum.

I am disappointed that Catwoman is going to be introduced so early in a Batman film. Zoe would not have been the first choice to play her to me. How tall is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    I am disappointed that Catwoman is going to be introduced so early in a Batman film. Zoe would not have been the first choice to play her to me. How tall is she?
    She’s 5’2”. Why are you disappointed that she’s being introduced so early?

Retired

I've never seen Zoe Kravitz in anything (that I know of), but her publicity machine has a weird way of promoting her image. All the publicity photos I've seen show her looking distant, unemotional and kind of bland. Much like Kristen Stewart's public image, if I'm honest--and I've never seen her act in anything either. Maybe that "I'm not available" pose works for some people, but I'm too simple--I just see them as not caring about anything, so I'm not invested.

Personally, Morena Baccarin would have been my ideal choice for Catwoman--ten years ago. I guess, by now, she's done so many other comic book characters that it wouldn't work. But she's more obviously the femme fatale.

To me, so far all these supporting actors in THE BATMAN are the wallpaper. Which is hopefully a good sign, since I want a Dashiell Hammett type of story rather than a Lorenzo Semple, Jr. But I can't see these actors being spun off into their own movies.

BANNED

You don't need to watch the susames street to know it's a kid show right ? same goes for twighlight, you don't need to watch it to know, it's piece of crap, one gleance and you know in your core in a certain way that, this is crap... lol so you stay far far away from it. And you don't want anyone from that piece of crap to be in batman which you like...