Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They wanted a black woman. I don't think they were even considering anyone white or Hispanic. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.
    I was typing in response to Monica Baccarin would have been good choice if 10 years ago.
    I meant that Eva Green would have done great as Catwoman if it was 10 years ago.

Zoe Kravitz is multiracial

her father, Lenny Kravitz is the son of an Ashkenazi Jewish man and African American woman
    her mother, Lisa Bonet is the son of an African American man and Ashkenazi Jewish woman

another thing is that most African Americans are actually multiracial for most of them have European ancestry in connection to slavery
    My father was an African American born and raised in New Orleans, and he had a 3rd great grandfather who was the son of Anglo-American slaveowner and Cajun woman.

I am multiracial too, and I identify as multiracial instead of black.
    The hypo-descent rule aka one drop rule is outdated,racist,and stupid.
    Black and white races are social constructs and disregard how diverse Africa, Europe,and Asia are.

I actually wanted Logan Browning to play Catwoman after finding out that a "black" or biracial women were being screened.
    Logan Browning is a green-eyed biracial woman.
    Her father is African American, and her mother is European American.

I read about Zoe Kravitz being good friends with Robert Pattinson, and so they could have great chemistry.
    I am looking forward to seeing their BatCat on the large screen.

Hispanics greatly vary in looks and ancestry
    there is no typical looking Hispanic
    Most Hispanics are multiracial.
    Many of them are mixed European,Amerindian,and/or SubSaharan African.
    Zoe Saldana is a perfect example of the multiracial ancestry of many Hispanics.
    There are Hispanics that have a lot more SubSaharan African than Zoe.
    If you include Latinos, then there are Brazilians to consider.
    Many of them are dominantly SubSaharan African.
    Most of the SubSaharan Africans brought to the Americas went to Brazil which was controlled by the Portuguese.

I am part Hispanic myself.
    My maternal grandfather's maternal grandfather was Puerto Rican, and he looked multiracial.
    My maternal grandfather also had other mixed Iberian-SubSaharan African ancestries from Cape Verde and Madeira which are both Atlantic archipelagos that have strong Portuguese influence. Cape Verde is an independent African nation that gained its independence from Portugal, and Madeira is still a Portuguese colony.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-22-2019 at 01:42 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Seems kind of short for Catwoman. In the comic books Catwoman is listed as 5'7". In descending order of height Julie Newmar is 5'11". Lee Meriwether is 5'9". Anne Hathaway is 5'8". Michelle Pfeiffer is 5'7"
    Halle Berry is 5'5". Eartha Kitt was 5'4". So Zoe will be tied with Camren Bicondova as the shortest Catwoman yet. In Camren's defense she was supposed to be a kid when she started out so it made sense
    for her to be short. It might look a little strange to have such a tiny Catwoman. Especially if she is going to be doing anything physical. You want someone who at least looks like they could take on a full grown
    man like Batman.
    5'2 is short. She could look like a kid. Selina is supposed to be elegant, meaning height is important. For those bringing up Twilight. Kristen Stewart will make a good Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    You don't need to watch the susames street to know it's a kid show right ? same goes for twighlight, you don't need to watch it to know, it's piece of crap, one gleance and you know in your core in a certain way that, this is crap... lol so you stay far far away from it. And you don't want anyone from that piece of crap to be in batman which you like...
    So, you absolutely, 100% judge things to be "a piece of crap" on "a glance" without ever having watched it. Ok lol That's the internet for you.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    5'2 is short. She could look like a kid. Selina is supposed to be elegant, meaning height is important. For those bringing up Twilight. Kristen Stewart will make a good Batgirl.
    Height is a minor thing.

And Kristen Stewart? She's only 5'5. Not all that much taller. And I can't see her as Batgirl. Doesn't give me that vibe (I'm talking outside of acting).

Would that mean the Barbara is no longer the daughter of James Gordon? Are we going to just make her the niece of somebody again? I guess she could be Gordan's adopted daughter.

Would that mean the Barbara is no longer the daughter of James Gordon? Are we going to just make her the niece of somebody again? I guess she could be Gordan's adopted daughter.
    Her family background can be retconned in films. WB would want someone younger than Kristen for Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I sometimes feel like I'm one of the few people who liked Hathaway as Catwoman.
    Nope. I thought she played the part perfectly. From the first scene where she fakes acting like she didn't realize she wasn't supposed to be in the West wing of the mansion, and stole Martha's Necklace, and her switch from scared girl to vixen with the "Oops" her body language in that scene was so Selina to me. And then her double crossing Batman, you never knew what side she was really on, which was her own side. The scene in the bar when the police came in, her acting scared and switching it right off, I LOVED that. Her body language and look, she was just Selina Kyle as she was always supposed to be.

Now I will agree she had zero chemistry with Christian. lol. Which sucked, but she's the best Catwoman we've gotten so far in live action imo.
    Richard Alexander

Her family background can be retconned in films. WB would want someone younger than Kristen for Batgirl.
    Yeah, Barbara could be Alfred's niece. Just saying Kristen Stewart is the wrong ethnicity to be James Gordan's daughter in the upcoming The Batman movie.
    But if she were the right ethnicity, Kristen Stewart is just 29. How much younger would they need to go? Lots of actors play characters younger. Do you think the
    cast of Smallville were high school age kids?

Yeah, Barbara could be Alfred's niece. Just saying Kristen Stewart is the wrong ethnicity to be James Gordan's daughter in the upcoming The Batman movie.
    But if she were the right ethnicity, Kristen Stewart is just 29. How much younger would they need to go? Lots of actors play characters younger. Do you think the
    I mean... it's still possible for her to be Gordon's child. Adoption is a thing. I hate using trash as an example but look at Fant4stic

She was Alfred's niece in Batman and Robin. WB would not want Catwoman and Batgirl to be the same age to avoid any implied love triangle. Not that Batman and Batgirl make a terrific couple because they don't but Rob and Zoe do look young compared to Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer. If WB gets a Batgirl, it would be an actress in her late teens.

I thought Gordon's actor wasn't confirmed yet?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    So, you absolutely, 100% judge things to be "a piece of crap" on "a glance" without ever having watched it. Ok lol That's the internet for you.
    If you were as extraordinarly smart and awesome as me, you would be able to do that as well. I'm the next step in human evolution. One glance and that's it, i can tell if it's piece of crap or not. It's shining highschool vampires... how can anything be more retarded than that ? one glance at its trailer and i got this, so no need to watch. The stupid mater is off the charts with this franchise. lol

Back to subject: Zoe Kravitz is fine, she's hot and i'm a big fan of Lanny Kravitz, so ofcourse i support her. I'm dissapointed with the twightlight cast of batman though...
    Last edited by Gurz; 10-24-2019 at 06:51 PM.

I am disappointed that Catwoman is going to be introduced so early in a Batman film. Zoe would not have been the first choice to play her to me. How tall is she?
    Catwoman was in Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    If you were as extraordinarly smart and awesome as me, you would be able to do that as well. I'm the next step in human evolution. One glance and that's it, i can tell if it's piece of crap or not. It's shining highschool vampires... how can anything be more retarded than that ? one glance at its trailer and i got this, so no need to watch. The stupid mater is off the charts with this franchise. lol

Back to subject: Zoe Kravitz is fine, she's hot and i'm a big fan of Lanny Kravitz, so ofcourse i support her. I'm dissapointed with the twightlight cast of batman though...
    I don't find Zoe very beautiful compared to Halle Berry who is just plain gorgeous. Zoe would be the least most attractive Catwoman in my eyes but beauty is subjective. The hottest were Halle Berry and Anne Hataway.

Kerri Washington,Tika Sumpter and Zoe Saldana would have been better choices but all 3 women are now past 40 or pushing 40.
    Last edited by Valentis; 10-25-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Catwoman was in Year One.
    And Batman #1

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I thought Gordon's actor wasn't confirmed yet?
    IMDb has Gordon listed along with Bruce, Selina, and Edward. So far those are the only four.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 10-25-2019 at 06:45 AM.