Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Height is a minor thing.

And Kristen Stewart? She's only 5'5. Not all that much taller. And I can't see her as Batgirl. Doesn't give me that vibe (I'm talking outside of acting).
    5'4 is average height for an American woman
    5'2 is considered short
    5'5 is considered tall
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    5'4 is average height for an American woman
    5'2 is considered short
    5'5 is considered tall
    That's just getting nitpicky.

I did not know Selinas height was this important until now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    She is 5'7 in the comics
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Catwoman_(Selina_Kyle)

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think the idea is that Catwoman is supposed to be built like a supermodel, whose average height is 5'8". A woman 5'2" is considered a petite model. For instance Gal Gadot, who was a model, is 5'10"
    Lynda Carter, another former model, is 5'11". Ruby Rose, who was also a model, is 5'7". Even Melissa Benoist, who is Super-GIRL, is 5'8". When people think Catwoman they don't think petite.
    People kind of expect superhero type, action hero type characters to be big people. I don't really have a problem with Zoe Krazitz. Haven't seen her in action yet. But it just seemed sort of funny
    that someone so tiny would be playing Catwoman. I almost suspect some people are going to label her Cat-girl or Cat-midget.

Selina has never been depicted as being particularly tall or if she is it's kind of hard to tell given how often she's seen crouching.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Selina has never been depicted as being particularly tall or if she is it's kind of hard to tell given how often she's seen crouching.
    Kind of depends on the artist. If Batman is supposed to be 6'2" then Catwoman would be about 5"8" to 5'10" here, depending on how high the heels on her boots are.

Batman (2016-) 050-006.jpg

Exact heights in the DCU always seem to fluctuate depending on the artist or the continuity, but Catwoman's always struck me as being on the tall side compared to other women.

Is she the tallest Siren? Harley might be taller.

Height on screen is pretty easy to manipulate. She will look only a couple inches shorter than Pattinson. For years, short dudes have gotten movie magic to look taller than their female counterparts. Tom Cruise could write a whole book on how easy it is lol

Spectacular Member

My question is why it still needs to be Selina Kyle? We’ve already had seen her on the big screen for 2 times (3 if you think the 60s Batman movie’s version was Kyle). Couldn’t they have used Holly or Eiko?

Ultimate Member

They had Tom Hardy, who's only like 5'9" play Bane and people bought it. Sylvester Stallone and Tom Cruise have been doing action films for decades and neither of them are all that talk either.

Height is one of the easier things to manipulate in films as stated above.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Inb4 the "Catwoman's supposed to be white! Damn SJWs!" comments. You know everyone who forgot Ertha Kitt are fuming XD
    That feeling when you assumed the detractors would be racist but were instead heightist.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    My question is why it still needs to be Selina Kyle? We’ve already had seen her on the big screen for 2 times (3 if you think the 60s Batman movie’s version was Kyle). Couldn’t they have used Holly or Eiko?
    If you're doing a Bruce Wayne Batman movie, it only really makes sense to use Selina Kyle as Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you're doing a Bruce Wayne Batman movie, it only really makes sense to use Selina Kyle as Catwoman.
    No! I want to use her as a dominatrix-styled thief with furry tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I didn't dislike her. She was the best part of a disappointing movie for me.
    But Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Lee Meriwether, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Camren Bicondova were all better.
    Though Hathaway came off as the most comic book accurate version of the modern era.
    Pfeiffer gave a great performance but bore little resemblance to the comic book character. Suit, hair color, motivations, origin were all wrong. Did she even steal anything?
    Don't know what the hell Halle Berry was supposed to be playing.
    In Halle Berry's defense, she wasn't portraying Selina Kyle, but Patience Phillips, just another Catwoman in a long line of Catwomen throughout history. And I like how the movie didn't have her trying to be Selina, but had her being her own new character who literally had the abilities of a cat. The script and dialogue in certain scenes were awful, though.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-27-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi