Lightbulb If a Wonder Woman TV series were remade...

I would love to see an organization of women operatives, led by a mysterious Dr. Cyber (not the computerized version), who would be a sort of anti-Amazonian group that would infiltrate modern society, using the power of women in a way that Diana wouldn't agree with. Cyber could be in league with an ancient/primordial power or perhaps an Olympian who would go against the Amazons of Themyscira and Diana. Perhaps a rogue Amazon? Someone who knew secrets of Hippolyte's or Diana's and tried to use them for more diabolical needs?

Maybe Diana could call on some of her sisters to join her in the outer world, too. A few extra Amazons living away from Themyscira who were inspired by Diana somehow? Just an idea.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Now that's an interesting pitch. Perhaps Dr. Cyber could be in league with Ares? As for Diana's sisters that help in her crusade, they could be Donna, Artemis, and Nubia(who turns out to be a double-agent).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Absolutely. I like that idea about Donna, Artemis, and Nubia. Since Nubia has had connections with Ares in the past, that would make sense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Now that's an interesting pitch. Perhaps Dr. Cyber could be in league with Ares? As for Diana's sisters that help in her crusade, they could be Donna, Artemis, and Nubia(who turns out to be a double-agent).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    Absolutely. I like that idea about Donna, Artemis, and Nubia. Since Nubia has had connections with Ares in the past, that would make sense, too.

You catch on quick.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

First ep starts with Steve Trevor being returned to the US by a mysterious woman who then disappears, and work backwards from there

Doc, I've ridden this train before ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You catch on quick.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I still want a WW cartoon. I grew so attached to Susan Eisenberg's voice...Ugh, I wish there was a way that could still happen.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

With this set-up, you're still going to have to make her somehow contemporary: a Diana Prince identity is needed. I'd make her the new track and field or soccer coach at Holliday University, a clone of one of the New England Seven Sisters schools like Vassar and Bryn Mawr. Athletic Director Sandsmark and President Kapatelis expect a championship season this year for their once-legendary program.

As to wanting a new cartoon: the one thing that I think could turn the Azzarello run into something awesome is the discipline of eighty minutes.
    Last edited by SteveGus; 05-03-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by aegisbearer View Post
    I would love to see an organization of women operatives, led by a mysterious Dr. Cyber (not the computerized version), who would be a sort of anti-Amazonian group that would infiltrate modern society, using the power of women in a way that Diana wouldn't agree with. Cyber could be in league with an ancient/primordial power or perhaps an Olympian who would go against the Amazons of Themyscira and Diana. Perhaps a rogue Amazon? Someone who knew secrets of Hippolyte's or Diana's and tried to use them for more diabolical needs?

Maybe Diana could call on some of her sisters to join her in the outer world, too. A few extra Amazons living away from Themyscira who were inspired by Diana somehow? Just an idea.
    Great idea, would be great in the old Timm-verse style!

I wouldn't mind the idea as a live-action series, either. But, a Timm-verse style animated series would certainly be an intriguing avenue as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Great idea, would be great in the old Timm-verse style!

Animated, something a bit more light and fluffy than the more serious cartoon takes (DCAU, Young Justice). Maybe get whoever did a lot of the story/plotting type work on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but with a different visual style, maybe something like those Gemworld shorts they did. Have it start with her new to "man's world" as a fish out of water, getting her allies/friends, zipping back and forth from Paradise Island, fighting villains. Ares is the big bad. Simple yet sweet.