Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Krakoa/United States Diplomatic Relationship

As of the dual miniseries House of X/Powers of X, the mutant nation of Krakoa has been formally acknowledged by over a 100 nations by way of trade deals and a United Nations vote.

Curiously, one of those 100 or so nations is the United States of America.

Perhaps the most important pillars of US foreign policy is the requirement to be the world's indisputable greatest superpower. A vibrant Krakoan nation could threaten this hegemony.

Moreover, the Krakoan drug trade could seriously threaten the power of the American pharmaceutical industry, to which many American politicians are beholden to. Xavier's own pharmaceutical company, which offers the various Krakoan miracle drugs for free, could put "Big Pharma" out of business in no time flat.

So I ask you, members of the X-Books board, why in the hell did the United States allow Krakoa to exist, rather than side with countries like Brazil and Russia, both of which are deemed "rogue nations" by Krakoa? Did Xavier mind control the American government to do as they're told? Was there a "quid pro quo" between Xavier and the American president? Can we expect Hunter Biden and/or Rudy Giuliani to appear in the Krakoan background at some point to strengthen the bonds between nations?

BANNED

I suppose it could be a case on the part of the US Government to "keep your enemies close", i.e. grant Krakoa recognition and let them study and explore these drugs and their effect on the market.

Likewise, Krakoa isn't the first mutant nation...so there might be skepticism or indifference to the idea of "New Genosha...". I also think the US Government wonks no longer feel the mutant threat is as great and existential as it once was. After Genosha and Decimation, the mutants went from being on the cusp of taking over to...verge of extinction and fighting internal gang wars and so on. The people in US Gov might be ones with short memories or have grown complacent.

Stevil wouldn't have let this happen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

It's definitely suspicious. With the sliding timescale, not only are our marvelous misanthropic mutants millenials, but Milligan's war mongering president may still be in office.

Is the government able to control distribution of the drug?

Perhaps Krakoa has opened itself up for a new hotel chain?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Perhaps Krakoa has opened itself up for a new hotel chain?
    It's possible! That would fall under quid pro quo.

To be fair, the Krakoan monopoly on telepathy makes them the most qualified to investigate the Bidens and Crooked Hillary
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's possible! That would fall under quid pro quo.
    That kind of hotel would be too tacky for Krakoa.

Maybe they made a deal that when they are on embassy negotiations they will stay at the tacky hotels.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    To be fair, the Krakoan monopoly on telepathy makes them the most qualified to investigate the Bidens and Crooked Hillary
    Or even better they have all the dirt on him and his party pals and they are afraid of all going to jail for 100 years.

We need to talk about the Vice President's call to Magneto, which was totally legal, btw. On the up and up.

BANNED

Emma is probably pal with the Trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Emma is probably pal with the Trumps.
    Scuze you!! It was established Shaw has all the connections.

BANNED

Thats nucontinuity but pre- death of the Hellions Emma probably partied with Trump. 'It WaS tHe DrUgS fAuLt ScOtT"

Did Selene use her position as a religious pundit to seduce the vice president?

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Scuze you!! It was established Shaw has all the connections.
    Plus I think Emma would be completely disgusted by Trump, although he is probably really easy to mind control, so she probably put a bowl of dogfood on his desk and he thought it was pure gold.